Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > IS Models > IS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

350 AWD & F-Sport Lowering Springs

Old 12-23-11, 09:07 PM   #1
bmaez
Driver
Trader Score: (0)

Default 350 AWD & F-Sport Lowering Springs

Was told by my dealer that the F-Sport springs won't fit with the AWD any truth to this?

Also, would throwing some 18's on give it the stock look of the RWD or would there still be a 5 finger gap? I don't mind the look and stance of the RWD and didn't really want to drop the car but wanted to keep it from looking like its on stilts.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
bmaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-11, 12:20 PM   #2
tedward88
Pole Position
Trader Score: (11)

If you look at Sewell's website ( http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/1800.html ), the f-sport springs are for both RWD and AWD, so my guess is they would fit.

Are you sure your 350 isn't already on optional 18s or are they on the stock 17s. It seems like there are more ISX50s with optional 18s than stock 17s.

For future reference, if you put on staggered wheels on your AWD 350, make sure the spinning diameter is less than 1% of a difference between the fronts and the rears to prevent future damages to your drivetrain.
Good luck
tedward88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-11, 05:08 PM   #3
Slammer1
Lexus Test Driver

I just installed the F Sport springs on my RWD IS350, and the instructions have separate directions (in areas) if the car is an AWD model. I would call another dealer, or call Sewell and ask them. I do believe they use the same springs......
Old 12-29-11, 03:21 PM   #4
bmaez
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedward88 View Post
If you look at Sewell's website ( http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...2011/1800.html ), the f-sport springs are for both RWD and AWD, so my guess is they would fit.

Are you sure your 350 isn't already on optional 18s or are they on the stock 17s. It seems like there are more ISX50s with optional 18s than stock 17s.

For future reference, if you put on staggered wheels on your AWD 350, make sure the spinning diameter is less than 1% of a difference between the fronts and the rears to prevent future damages to your drivetrain.
Good luck
The car came with 17's. I didn't really like the Lexus 18" options for the AWD.
bmaez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-11, 03:21 PM

Tags
11, 250, 350, awd, clublexus, gs, lexus, lowered, lowering, reviews, rx, set, sport, spring, springs