Go Back   Club Lexus Forums > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - Second Generation > Suspension and Brakes
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?

1999 GS300 need Brake master cylinder

Old 06-13-14, 06:26 PM   #31
2haloz
Driver School Candidate
Trader Score: (0)

Going through this right now with my 99 gs3. Just got a used tested master cylinder for 400. Found a high rated shop on yelp to replace and bleed it for 250. My issue is that the car was sold to me with either the bulb or the wires pulled that light up the ABS/etc lights to the dash. I wouldn't have known ***** if it wasn't for the random beeping.

Just shop auto recyclers locally. Make sure the part is tested. Be frugal. You can get the whole thing fixed for 650 if you're smart. I'm just hoping the lights is an easy cheap fix and doesn't turn into a rabbit hole.
This ad is not displayed to registered members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Club Lexus!
2haloz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-14, 09:55 PM   #32
Nohawk Lex
Pole Position
Trader Score: (5)

Rock Auto has the part for less than $860
Nohawk Lex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 08:56 AM   #33
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Default 01 gs300 master cyl abs changed still issues

so I changed out my master cylinder on the car and it seems every time I break that the pumping action from the ABS is still occurring. So as soon as I come to a full stop brake sound happens the car slides for maybe a milli second and then stops. I have bled all four sides any other things that I am over looking? Is there some type of calibration is required? I have been driving it for about 40 50 miles now and it still is doing the same thing. Doesn't seem to be a major issue but more annoying than anything else. Anyone swap out their abs master cylinder and having the same issue? If so please post and let me know what you did to remove this annoyance. Thank you
iamkhanz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-14, 11:24 AM   #34
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

This is real annoying... glad issue was resolved for u was there something specific tjat was unplugged?
Old 08-19-14, 12:52 PM   #35
charlielin
Driver School Candidate

Default GS300 is making fast random squeaking noise under steeling wheel

My 2001 GS300 is making squeaking noise at random time. It starts to make noise not even starts engine. It sounds pretty quick rate and gets often recently. I don't need to press brake to hear the noise. The only way to stop the noise is to unplug the ABS wires in the ABS brake module area. Did anyone fix the problem by anyway other than replace the ABS master pump module which is about $500 used condition ? Please help. Thanks !
charlielin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-14, 07:09 PM   #36
gsbs300
Driver

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlielin View Post
My 2001 GS300 is making squeaking noise at random time. It starts to make noise not even starts engine. It sounds pretty quick rate and gets often recently. I don't need to press brake to hear the noise. The only way to stop the noise is to unplug the ABS wires in the ABS brake module area. Did anyone fix the problem by anyway other than replace the ABS master pump module which is about $500 used condition ? Please help. Thanks !

Pm me if you need a brake master cylinder
gsbs300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-14, 07:29 AM   #37
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

What do u mean by squeeking noises? Do you have dash lights on? Are you referring tovthe beep beep beep noise the car makes while ABS and brake lights go on? Please describe the situation better. When I think sqeeking noise I think your brakes pads are sqeeking...
Old 09-09-14, 02:07 AM   #38
gs300pj
Driver School Candidate

I need a BMC as well. But I want to switch my missing Front Right ABS sensor first. (Wire Cut< Just got car) I am hoping that once I replace sensor, my power brakes will return. I have put on a few hundred miles without power brakes now. I did replace the stock discs and put cross drilled and slotted and SS brake lines.
gs300pj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-14, 06:52 AM   #39
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

I wd go search the junk yards for both... cable oem brand new is over 200.. from what I recall, that too can be gotten from junk yard.. how do you know both are bad with one of the cables cut? May just be the cable that needs replaced.. make sure when u swap it out the end thats attached to the spindle doesnt get damaged... also if it is cut..its 2 or 3 wires did you just try to splice them back together first? I wd try that and put it together n put a couple pieces of solder and shrink tubing over top (radioshak) may be easy fix.. bmc is pricy but from junk yard inrange of 350-500..
Old 09-09-14, 06:52 AM