Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is250 awd cv boot leakin!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-10, 08:08 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Is250 awd cv boot leakin!

Ok well I lowered my car a while back I have about 10,000 miles on BC coilovers. I have had vibration problems while accertation on low speeds. I also have vibration when stopped with break while having in drive but onces the car is worm it goes away. Now I have CV boots leaking on both sides! I been going crazy tryin to find a CV boot repair kit for our a 06 Lexus IS250 awd and man I cant find it any where does anyone know where I can get one? Or where I can get a good deal on my front axles I guess? Has anyone had this problem? Its driving me crazy!
Old 01-07-10, 09:58 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

I had the exact same problems on my 06 GS300 AWD. I just had a shop replace both inner boots because the problem were the clamps and the only way to get them was to buy the kit. I bought the boot kits on mylexparts.com and paid the shop $75.

Now no more leaking(3,000 miles), but still have the damn vibrations at idle and wobbling during initial acceleration. I hate driving the car...just enjoy looking at in the garage.
Old 01-08-10, 06:58 AM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by telmz1
I had the exact same problems on my 06 GS300 AWD. I just had a shop replace both inner boots because the problem were the clamps and the only way to get them was to buy the kit. I bought the boot kits on mylexparts.com and paid the shop $75.

Now no more leaking(3,000 miles), but still have the damn vibrations at idle and wobbling during initial acceleration. I hate driving the car...just enjoy looking at in the garage.
hey thanks for that website i am going to check them out to see if they have a inner boot replace kit for my car as well. Lol i know what u mean by just like lookin at it but hate driving it, it drives me crazy! I wish i never got the awd and just went with the rwd i never thought it was going to be a pain in the a**. U know the dealorship wants $360 for 2 inner repair boots for our cars.
Old 01-08-10, 08:18 AM
telmz1
Lead Lap

$360 is cheaper than the $1200 my dealer here in Vegas wanted.
Old 01-08-10, 11:13 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

$360 is cheaper than the $1200 my dealer here in Vegas wanted.
so i take it as u also own a IS250 awd an CV boot went bad if so did u lower it? and how long did it take for the CV boot to go bad? I want to figure out y the hell is my CV boots both left and right went bad after lowering... Is it just too low is it that i go to DC too much what the hell coused it to go out this fast. Every car i owned been slamed i never had a CV boot go bad!
Old 01-08-10, 11:34 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

I have a 06 GS 300 AWD on BC Coilovers. I noticed the leaking around the clamps of both inner boots a week after I put them on.

I changed out both my inner boots about 4 months ago and haven't had a problem with them since.

How low are you?
Old 01-09-10, 02:15 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

i only heard this issue with one other member that had the Is AWD but only his driver side came off. but i had my for about close to about 10k and dont have that issues. but i dont drive it lowered all yr round i raise it back up to stock height for the winter. and then 1 finger gap for the summer
Old 01-11-10, 06:55 AM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

I have a 06 GS 300 AWD on BC Coilovers. I noticed the leaking around the clamps of both inner boots a week after I put them on.

I changed out both my inner boots about 4 months ago and haven't had a problem with them since.

How low are you?
My car is pretty low in the front i dont have no gap from the rear i have 1 finger gap... I had it that low on the car i owned before this so i didnt think anything of it cause i never had a problem...
Old 01-11-10, 06:56 AM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by laobo979
i only heard this issue with one other member that had the Is AWD but only his driver side came off. but i had my for about close to about 10k and dont have that issues. but i dont drive it lowered all yr round i raise it back up to stock height for the winter. and then 1 finger gap for the summer
with your stock wheels do u happen to know how many inchs it was from the floor to the fender?
Old 01-11-10, 03:43 PM
laobo979
Lead Lap

Received 66 Likes on 47 Posts

are you asking me now that it raised back up with my stock on? cause when im lowered i used my 19 which was 25icnh front and 25 1/2inch rear.
Old 01-12-10, 07:17 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

so i jacked up my car today and i noticed it was just the clamps so its the same problem u had. So u said u changed both boots not just the clamp right? The boot kit should be getting to my house tomorrow i ordered it on friday from that website by the way thanks for the website it helped out alot! How much did the shop charge u to change the whole boot kit?
Old 01-13-10, 12:50 PM
telmz1
Lead Lap

$75 for both boots. Apparently you can't buy the clamps separately , so i figured change the entire boot and grease since i had to buy the whole kit. I just checked last night and its still leak free!
Old 01-18-10, 11:19 PM
Cristian0
Driver School Candidate

Ok guys me and a friend replaced my inner CV boots. From seeing the boots it has nothing to do with the car being lowered. The rubber part of the interior of the boot close to the inner clamp it has like rubber teeth looking things (you can only see if when the boot is off the axle). Well they wear out after time so the out comes it starts leaking where the inner clamp is (the bigger clamp). It seems to be normal and a wear and tear thing mine only lasted to 48,000 miles so around that time you guys should be checking up on them.
Old 01-25-10, 06:28 PM
Is300M.Q.
Driver

When I had my IS250awd the passenger cv boot was leaking at 10k miles, and was only lowered for 1k. Im not gonna lie, the reason I sold the car is cuz it vibrated and just really sucked to drive being lowered, looked good though... So I put stock suspension back on it and got rid of it.
Old 01-25-10, 07:10 PM
love67
Lexus Test Driver

mine was leaking but the dealer took care of it even i was on BC coilover. however i really don't understand why you guys are having vibration problem which i don't have...

Quick Reply: Is250 awd cv boot leakin!