Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Right rim pushed to the door more then the left?? need help

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-11, 07:39 PM
trickz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Right rim pushed to the door more then the left?? need help

hey i have a 2000 lexus gs300.. from the looks of it looking on each side the front end. the passenger side wheel is pushed a little more towards the door then the driver side.. what can it be any ideas ??
Old 12-12-11, 08:07 PM
99 GS3
Lexus Champion

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

Could be a few things, obviously if the car has ever been in an accident then it's surely possible that the frame, control arm, arm mounts, or radius arm are bent.

Excessive caster could lean the wheel back more. Which could just be the bushing on the radius arm (lower arm no 2 you see talked about here) may be worn, torn, or completely destroyed. If torn on one side only it could allow the spindle to lean more than the other.

Take a wheelbase measurement, from the center caps on the front and back wheels on each side of the car and see it the measurements are close to the same or not to get a rough idea.

You can inspect all the bushings and arms on the front to see if there is anything obvious, but may need to take it to an alignment shop if you can't find anything, or don't have access to a lift to get under it and be able to take a good look, and to also take diagonal measurements from the suspension to the body..
Old 12-12-11, 08:26 PM
trickz
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 99 GS3
Could be a few things, obviously if the car has ever been in an accident then it's surely possible that the frame, control arm, arm mounts, or radius arm are bent.

Excessive caster could lean the wheel back more. Which could just be the bushing on the radius arm (lower arm no 2 you see talked about here) may be worn, torn, or completely destroyed. If torn on one side only it could allow the spindle to lean more than the other.

Take a wheelbase measurement, from the center caps on the front and back wheels on each side of the car and see it the measurements are close to the same or not to get a rough idea.

You can inspect all the bushings and arms on the front to see if there is anything obvious, but may need to take it to an alignment shop if you can't find anything, or don't have access to a lift to get under it and be able to take a good look, and to also take diagonal measurements from the suspension to the body..

i know my tie rods are shot and my ball joints, i just ordered ball joints, inner and outer tie rods and sway bar links. hopefully that might fix it a little. if not i guess it can be the the control arms is my last guess.. what do you thiink??? also i have air ride on my car which im gonna remove for winter and put sport design OEM gs300 suspension will they fit my gs300??