Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan EZ Street: Review from the owners.

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-11, 11:45 AM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Megan EZ Street: Review from the owners.

What's up CL.

Basically I wanted to start this dedicated thread about the Megan EZ street coils.
As we all know these coilovers haven't been in the market for long and though there Is feedback on them, it's scattered everywhere and sometimes hard to find. I see many of us already running them so I thought you guys could chime in on a "personal review"

This thread can help newcomers understand these coilovers and what they will be buying, possibly help us all save money.

From what I understand the EZ STREETS:

10kg/mm Front
8kg/mm Rear
16 way adjustable dampening.

Some of the things I would personally like to know is just how stiff the stiffest setting is, does Megan sell them individual (bc coils are $90 to replace), anyone have any problems so far? And how low does it bring down the 2IS.

Maybe post your
Car
Model
Year

What was your first reaction to driving with them? changes over time?

Old 12-04-11, 01:24 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Ordering mine tomorrow, can't wait!
Old 12-04-11, 01:50 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

I too plan to order some tomorrow, I wonder how low they will go

Come on guys I know we have plenty of you running these coils
Old 12-04-11, 01:56 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

good question, i've always wondered how they ride but i've seen members who had EZ's upgrading to LP's and BC's.. dont know if that means that they aren't good enough or prob it didnt meet their needs of comfort / performance..

btw, where are you ordering them from? im planning on a set as well..
Old 12-04-11, 03:28 PM
Jzsicklexi
Lead Lap

I think most people switch for either track purposes or more adjustability in the dampening. I just daily drive mine with no intentions of tucking. I like matching the curvature of the tire. These should be sufficient I think!
Old 12-04-11, 04:04 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Well just got mine, was goin to order a set from the group buy but there was a local deal I couldn't pass up.
Planning installing on Tuesday and since not many people have shared I'll do it myself
Old 12-04-11, 04:05 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

pics and review after the install!
Old 12-04-11, 04:28 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Most definitely

I'll post pics up as soon as I get them installed

Anyone running these have any advice/tips?
Old 12-04-11, 07:00 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IS350: So far the EZ is not bad at all. Had them on since August, first was in between soft and stiff (8) ride almost like springs on my iforged 19s. Now that I have 20s on I have them all the way on the stiff side, a little bumpy but the ride is still good.
With OEM:
Name:  IMG_1038.jpg
Views: 5259
Size:  49.5 KB
With 19s:
Name:  800IMG_6394.jpg
Views: 3754
Size:  112.2 KB
With 20s:
Name:  IMG_1686_800.jpg
Views: 3838
Size:  76.4 KB
Old 12-04-11, 07:54 PM
tBayBoi20
Driver

Those look amazing. I like the look of the stock wheel so I plan on possibly just laying some chrome on them if I do anything. What does the drop do to tire life? And how much do they run on average? I'd like to pick a set up once my overseas tour is over with the Marine Corps.
Old 12-04-11, 08:46 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

Thanks a LOT.
That first picture answered all my prayers. I was scared the road magnets would be the same height.
What were the specs on your 19s if you don't mind me asking?

Your car looks great man. I see my car but with different wheels
Old 12-04-11, 09:01 PM
MyIS350G
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^ those 19 are Iforged 19x9 and 19x10.5, probably 35-45 offsets since iforged doesnt leave any stamp.
the first picture looks good from the side but if you're looking from the back... not soo good unless you have spacers (big gaps)
Old 12-05-11, 05:05 AM
HMFIC
Rookie

I went from having the Road Magnets on stock shocks, then went with the Megans...it's been probably what.......... a month?

My front Megan EZ coilovers are done. now when i take a turn the tires rub against the fender liner and also does it if i take a turn.

At first it was only the front right passenger side, and now my driver side is doing it. The car is lowered with a finger gap between the tires and fender. it's pretty much the same drop as the Road magnets.

I have 19 inch wheels, and at first the car would rice nicely, but after time i started to feel it was getting more harsh. i had it set on 10 out of 16. When it started to rub, i put them on 16 to help stop the rubbing. nope...didn't do anything.

My shops warned me but i couldn't pass on 650 dollar shipped deal.

My rear's seem to be fine...so far..............so now i'm looking for some shocks to replace the oem ones on the road magnets and just replace the fronts for now.

Mind you, I haven't taken the wheels off yet on the front to see anything leaking, but the inside of my wheels are wet as if liquid was leaking and the rear wheels don't have that nore do they act like they are blown either.

I'm not quite sure if the perch that the spring sits on may have gotten loose or not, since one of my buddies s2000 had the same problem and then started to rub on dips, once he tightened the spring back up, he was good to go. I'm hoping it's the same. but it doesn't explain the liquid on both front wheels.

I can keep everyone posted when i get the time to actually take a quick look. Until then, i'm gonna look for some shocks that are good for lowering to replace the fronts.
Old 12-11-11, 02:50 PM
Vroomin350
Lexus Champion

update:

For the money they do a good job however...
Been riding on the coils for a week now and the one thing that is bothering me is the spring rate.
I am rubbing alllllll over the place, to the point where I had to park the car and raise it because the front tires are being MAULED. The rears not so much, however I feel like if I go to +26 in the rear(which is why I got the coils) I will have the same problem I had with my springs. The lip will hit my rear fender with people sitting in the back. These things feel soft.

A friend of mine is going to help me relocate the front tabs and cut the fender liner. I am hoping that will help because right now the fronts are at the same height as when I had my road magnets and I still rub really bad, more then on springs. Could it be that maybe my fronts are blown ? is there anyway to tell?

Thanks guys
Old 12-11-11, 08:09 PM
rookieIS
Lexus Champion

did you set your spring rate to the max?

Quick Reply: Megan EZ Street: Review from the owners.