Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors F&B, RED STUFF PADS F&B (Non LS UPGRADE)

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-11, 01:48 PM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors F&B, RED STUFF PADS F&B (Non LS UPGRADE)

I have been trying to find some input on these rotors for a while now and could not fine too much. I saw some pics of the rotors and i was like what the hell I will pull the trigger. I have bought regular rotors in the past and to me they warp way too quick. I do have to admit, I did buy some cheep ones. I decided to go EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors both in the front and the back (I wanted to match) with some EBC Red Stuff in the front and back also. I do have to give a shout out to Partsgeek.com bc i got everything for a bit over $500. Everything is just replacement to it just mounts back on.
PROS:
Performance wise there is a big difference. I will have to say i do stop 15% faster. Even on high speeds brakes do not feel musshy. Also i do have to say they look cool.
CONS:
First i do have to say the gold does rub off as soon as you hit your first brake. If u do drive with your windows down they are kinda noisy. Like if you are on the highway and driving next to the road divider you will hear a noise similar to a bike with a piece of cardboard on rim. Then when you hit the brakes it will sound like a rattle snake.
Overall i am happy with the performance of the brakes and will recommend this if you dont have enough money for the LS upgrade. If dont drive like me with my window down with the music blasting the sound could get annoying so if ur looking for quite.. I do not recommend.

3rd pic if when i mounted it on
4th & 5th is a week later new rims and tires
Attached Thumbnails EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors F&B, RED STUFF PADS F&B (Non LS UPGRADE)-img_1342-edit.jpg   EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors F&B, RED STUFF PADS F&B (Non LS UPGRADE)-img_1343edit.jpg   EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors F&B, RED STUFF PADS F&B (Non LS UPGRADE)-img_1344edit.jpg   EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors F&B, RED STUFF PADS F&B (Non LS UPGRADE)-dsc_0948edit.jpg   EBC 3GD Series Sport Rotors F&B, RED STUFF PADS F&B (Non LS UPGRADE)-dsc_0955edit.jpg  

Old 08-31-11, 03:03 PM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

thank gawd u switched rims lol
Old 09-02-11, 08:00 PM
JDMsedan
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yeah I think they are a good upgrade. I have the black coated slotted EBCs front and rear with green stuff pads. They do make a buzzing sound on mine too. the coating is mainly there for corrosion / rust resistance. It would be cool if the color stayed on though. Now my brakes work so well It feels like I need new suspension....must be time for coilovers!
Old 09-02-11, 08:45 PM
SorrGwa
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

was running the same setup, but with ls400 calipers and rotors.

i said WAS because i notice the rotors getting warped, and when i removed my rotors, i noticed one of my ebc pads had seperated, so waiting for them to warrant them. still got so much brake pads. other than that, no complains about the pads and rotors.

u get that buzzing sound from the air movement over the rotors...
Old 09-03-11, 08:18 AM
NYGS3ANDY
Sto_fever

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just decided to put this post up bc i was looking for reviews on cl and i could not fine any. I will put up when they warp and when the pads go. Right now i am almost 1k miles in and they are great.
Old 10-03-11, 01:59 AM
Feijai85
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i cant seem to find the 3gd rotors for the back on partsgeek.com. i only see the USR rotors, please send me a link
Old 10-07-11, 05:02 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Try ajusa.com for the rotors.. I believe i bought my EBC green stuff pads there...