Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Daizen alternatives

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-11, 03:43 PM
Nobody303
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Daizen alternatives

Hey guys!

Did some research, daizen is apparently no longer. Doesn't change the fact that I need bushings, anyone know if there are any companies that produce/sell polyurethane bushings for our cars?
Old 08-17-11, 04:40 PM
Nobody303
Driver School Candidate

Found a company called ast that offers control arm bushings for 30 a piece, anyone tried those?
Old 08-17-11, 08:29 PM
oslouie
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

http://www.daizensporttuning.com/menu/dealers.html
Old 08-18-11, 09:21 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by Nobody303
Hey guys!

Did some research, daizen is apparently no longer. Doesn't change the fact that I need bushings, anyone know if there are any companies that produce/sell polyurethane bushings for our cars?
your research is VERY incorrect, although the president of daizen died recently the company is still in full force....todd at tm IS NOT DAIZEN, he is just a distributor of them and noone except todd knows if the issues with them come from todd or from daizen in japan. we have several members on here who are good friends with todd and still dont know. i even looked into trying to become a dealer for daizen personally a year or so ago to get the flow of these back into the GS crowd but it didnt amount to anything

if u had actually done some research on here u would have seen that carson has a castor bushing for the 2001+ models and this is the bushing MOST people change (though they claim it to fit all models, i would think this to be inaccurate as the castor arms on the 98-00 and the 2001+ are different sizes)

here it is

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3297

BTW we have like 900 threads about TM/daizen why not bump one of them instead of making a new thread about them?

Found a company called ast that offers control arm bushings for 30 a piece, anyone tried those?
never heard of them....got a link to the specific product?

this a universal piece of direct piece for us?

again if u guys WOULD EVER SEARCH u would see about 2 years ago i went through EVERY daizen dealer and emailed/called them and posted all responses from them in the MAIN TM thread...NONE ARE ACTIVE ANYMORE EXCEPT DIRECTLY WITH TODD AT TM which can be a headache but isnt always. just depends if he has them in stock when you order
Old 08-18-11, 10:03 AM
Nobody303
Driver School Candidate

I was told they weren't in business yesterday by the lexus dealer listed. I've also attempted to reach the other contacts listed.
Old 08-18-11, 10:15 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

I was told they weren't in business yesterday by the lexus dealer listed. I've also attempted to reach the other contacts listed.
thats not doing research thats making a phone to call to some guy who doesnt know what he's talking about and then not even trying to verify it before saying its true....

as stated NOONE can get daizen anymore but todd, i would assume all the other distributors have to much of a headache dealing with the inconsistencies.sewell used to be a major dealer for them but i see they have even been removed from the TM dealers listing. think about it, customers calling them, them calling todd and not being able to get any info from him, customers getting mad at them,them getting mad at tm....EVENTUALLY for them its not worth dealing with tm. this is why i looked into becoming a dealer for them to get some reliable movement of them but it was not to be.

Last edited by sakataj; 08-18-11 at 10:19 AM.
Old 08-18-11, 10:46 AM
Nobody303
Driver School Candidate

Interesting, well my fault if they are still in businesses, kind of misleading if the only reachable contact listed on daizens website states that they went out of business.
Old 08-18-11, 10:59 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Interesting, well my fault if they are still in businesses, kind of misleading if the only reachable contact listed on daizens website states that they went out of business.
none of them have been a distributor for daizen in awhile so they wouldnt know

here try this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...authentic.html

BTW todd used to be a member here as i showed before, doublewhoosh but hasnt logged on in ages. i had email correspondence with the guy and he was super nice then he went AWOL when i started asking where my stuff was. after waiting 60 days i finally got my stuff BUT when i ordered my sway bar,steering rack bushings i got them in like 6 days. its really hit or miss with that guy....

like i said u can try the carson ones
Old 08-18-11, 11:13 AM
Nobody303
Driver School Candidate

Right on, what happened with you becoming a distributor? If you were I would order from you, your response seems much faster lol.
Old 08-18-11, 12:16 PM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My advice is buy the Daizen bushings from TM Engineering. I love em. Arrived within a week of ordering.
Old 08-18-11, 12:26 PM
Nobody303
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JiBBeL
My advice is buy the Daizen bushings from TM Engineering. I love em. Arrived within a week of ordering.
When did you order them?
Old 08-18-11, 01:11 PM
fangtl
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I am aware of two, the first being Carson, the second is Armstrong http://www.armstrongdistributors.com/207.html
Old 08-18-11, 03:22 PM
oslouie
Pole Position

http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/gs.html

I don't see the all important caster arm bushings though.
Old 08-18-11, 03:34 PM
Carson-Lex
Original CL Sponsor since 1999

I just wanted to add that the link posted up to our site is correct for the caster bushing, but we do have 2 different parts. Our site staes what models we sell for, NOT that we sell one bushing for both vehicles.

We also sell the rear carrier and rack and pinion kit. Sway bar ones are in the works along with a few others.

Here is a link to all the ones we sell

http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3297
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3299
http://www.l-tunedparts.com/product/?id=3322
Old 08-18-11, 04:26 PM
Nobody303
Driver School Candidate

Yep already ordered those yesterday! What sort of turn around am I looking at before they arrive?

Quick Reply: Daizen alternatives