Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Polyurethane Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-11, 08:35 AM
chargerfan
Lead Lap

Received 34 Likes on 24 Posts

Originally Posted by KingPhilip
The R2 is actually my second choice if there is really no way I can buy those Daizens nowadays... I'm still gonna try and visit TM Engineering if I have time to go up North... (I'm from SD)

do you know if any local shops in sd that carry daizen?
Old 12-31-11, 08:57 AM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

From what I know, the only place that carries them is TM Engineering and it's a shoot or miss thing with them. I didn't wanna take the chance with a company like that so I never tried with them. Other than that the only place where you can buy poly's are;

Jegs.com for control arm bushings front and rear, complete sets for each and sway bar bushings front and rear also, separate set

MVP Motorsports for the steering rack bushings, although I must warn you it's on constant back order with them. I was on back order since August until early December, just got lucky here from someone who never installed his and his SC's dead, RIP.

Alot of people have already routed to the aluminum ones for the steering rack from either driftmotion.com or battleversion.com...

Parts for our cars are really getting hard to find. If it's not produced by the dealerships, good luck to you. Hope this helps.

On a side not, I don't wanna be negative and all, but if you hate squeaky sounds in the suspension, I wouldn't advice you to buy poly's, 'cause I just found out lately that when weather gets cold it squeaks over bumps, it's not that loud but you'll hear it. I never knew that you actually have to regrease it at least every 5K miles. Just a friendly advice.
Old 01-12-13, 06:52 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Received 335 Likes on 221 Posts

I have Daizen bushings I bought in 2008 and never got around to, but the thing that stopped me was that something was missing like the inserts (barrels?) for the inside. All I have is the bushings, grease. I know the sleeve is a press fit so it must have been the center cylinder I didn't have. Are these kits like the prothane kits including all the parts? I'm not really big on the bushing stuff (never did anything with them personally) so I haven't studied them well, all I know is I want the stock ride and mine are completely hosed. These daizens are useless to me without the cylinder insert.
Old 01-12-13, 06:57 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

Found them.... seems like I had more than this in 2008, but I've lost something LOL.
Attached Thumbnails Polyurethane Bushings-dsc02023.jpg  
Old 01-12-13, 07:07 PM
OG Dada
Lexus Champion

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Prothane is the most complete set you can find right now that's relatively cheap. Just make sure to read the instructions carefully. And just do the front lower control arms if you want stock ride, doing the upper will make the suspension feel real stiff. If you have a '95-'96, the rear upper control arm bushing is the only part that wears and will cause it to knock or squeak like metal to metal.
Old 01-12-13, 08:23 PM
O. L. T.
Keeper of the light

I was thinking since I just want a stock setup what about maybe these at $27 shipped each.

I have looked it over and I just need that barrel inside for each of my Daizen. I wonder if I can dig those out somewhere.
Attached Thumbnails Polyurethane Bushings-screen-shot-2013-01-12-at-11.24.15-pm.png