Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Thinking about getting after market coilovers or lowering springs

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-11, 05:48 AM
Alantjai
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Like others already said: If you just want to lower it a little bit, go for Tein Htechs and if you want to adjust, go for coils.
Old 07-19-11, 07:27 AM
NCLexi250
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Another alternative to coils are Tein S Tech springs, esp if you want a conservative drop without spending too much money.

I've had mine on for several months and love the way they make my car look and feel. Am somewhat curious now though how they compare to the H Tech series..
Old 11-09-11, 08:43 AM
HMFIC
Rookie

I purchased my Megan EZ's from Circuit and it came quickly! within a few days. This thread is a lil old, but I lowered my car initially on the Road Magnets. I have 60k on my car and it already killed the shocks, killed the Sway bar end links, twice in the rear..

And speaking of the rear, the rear sits lower than on the front even though it's a 2 inch drop front and rear and was supposed to be even.

I have a 2007 is250awd, and I will be installing the megans this friday and making sure i have some gap between the tire and fenders in the rear. I have about a finger gap up front, i will make it even for the rear, and i'm sure these will ride A LOT better than having road magnets with stock shocks.
Old 11-09-11, 09:28 AM
BernieIS

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

For those that are interested in this thread still here is my 2 cents.

regardless of whether you want springs or coilovers it is extremely important to get quality parts. If you do not get quality you will be sorry and you will have a bad experience. In addition it is important to know what you want. You need to know what type of spring rate you want as they are all different even within the same model. Also you should determine whether or not you want a better shock/strut.

Just lowering the car is nice looking but you must realize that you are changing the geometry off the suspension and the ride charateristics.
Old 11-14-11, 06:10 AM
HMFIC
Rookie

I was able to swap out the suspension for the Megan EZ coilovers saturday. Let me tell you, it was a HUGE night and day difference! I should've went with them in the first place. I've done all kinds of suspension work and drops with springs and coilovers, and this is the first time that I felt this way. I've dropped cars on springs and always had great luck. But with a 2 inch drop, it wasn't so good.

Either way, anyone thinking of doing so, grab these. great bang for the buck. I've dealt with all kinds of high end products. Even tho these aren't the top of the line, they are just fine
Old 02-13-12, 11:56 PM
SinisterIS
Driver School Candidate

How do the Tein H-Tech springs compare to the Eibach Pro Kit? I always heard a lot of good things abou the Pro Kit for a mild drop or for use on stock springs. Haven't heard quite as much about the H-Techs in this catagory though.