Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

I've caved.. buying coils. What type should i get?

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-11, 04:11 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I've caved.. buying coils. What type should i get?

So I have been fighting with myself for weeks trying to decide between an Eibach pro-kit and H&R springs. I've finally decided screw it I'm going to buy coil-overs.

I could use some help deciding what set to go with as I've never owned anything with coil-overs and I don't want to ruin my ride quality. I wouldn't mind a minimal loss for some handling though.

Currently I am leaning towards the Tein CS set but would be interested to hear if others suggest different. Originally Megan EZ were attractive due to price but I'm willing to spend $450 extra on the Tein if they're that much better.

Any input is appreciated. Going on a 2007 IS350 w/ 19x8.5 +35 and 19x10 +42 Forgestar setup.
Old 05-23-11, 05:35 PM
Silkky
Lead Lap

Only problem with EZ streets are the soft spring rates. Other than that, they are the best bang for your buck.
Old 05-23-11, 06:03 PM
CarbonDtls
Lead Lap

BC

Tein is overpriced from experience.
Old 05-23-11, 09:31 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

Originally Posted by CarbonDtls
BC

Tein is overpriced from experience.
They look nice and I like the price but I'm concerned with people complaining they squeak. I live in GA so it's not very cold here.. is it really a problem?
Old 05-23-11, 09:52 PM
Bigrahizzl
Lexus Champion

go with BC, best ride compared to stock
Old 05-24-11, 12:23 AM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

I have BCR coilovers for almost 2 years. No complaints and would of bought them again if I were to get coilovers.
Old 05-24-11, 08:34 AM
MxChase
Driver

Originally Posted by Silkky
Only problem with EZ streets are the soft spring rates. Other than that, they are the best bang for your buck.
EZ's ride SO nice. Great quality too for a daily driven car. I can't comment on the others since I've only had experiance with the EZ Street's. I also wouldn't say that their spring rate is a "problem". I'd say that if you want a comfortable ride with the availability to adjust your suspension then get the EZ Street's. If you want to be able to slam the living crap out of your car and not have your tires rub, then get something with a stiffer spring rate. Only down fall is with a stiffer spring rate it will be a stiffer and less comfortable ride.
Old 05-24-11, 12:20 PM
350FSport
Driver

Originally Posted by MxChase
If you want to be able to slam the living crap out of your car
Lol at this. This is CL yo, slam that shiz! Lower the better, if you ain't rubbin you aint ridin..
Old 05-24-11, 12:25 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

I've decided to go with BCR coils. I'll post pics once they and the wheels are on the car.

And lol no I am not going to "slam that shiz". Just want it to look sleek and clean. I think crooked wheels look horrible.
Old 05-24-11, 09:55 PM
MxChase
Driver

Originally Posted by 350FSport

Lol at this. This is CL yo, slam that shiz! Lower the better, if you ain't rubbin you aint ridin..
I'd LOVE to drop my car to the ground.. But, my wife drives it as much as I do with my two kids in back so it just isn't practical for me.
Old 05-24-11, 11:14 PM
Justin2JZ
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

I dropped mine and I drive I everyday. BIGGEST MISTAKE EVER! Dont get H&R Coils
Old 05-25-11, 12:18 PM
dmk08
Intermediate

So today I had a chance to drive a friends 2008 IS350 with F-sport Shocks/Springs on 19". All I can say is that made my decision and I am NOT buying coil-overs. It was the perfect drop and I loved how it handled. Sewell should be shipping my springs/shocks soon!

On a happy side note Forgestar just said my rims should ship next week!
Old 05-25-11, 01:53 PM
Wunko
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I was really almost going to buy coilovers just like you but then I realized I just wanted a mild drop, nothing more, so I decided to reconsider springs. The adjustability of coilovers sounds nice though but I don't think I'll end up making adjustments much.
Old 05-25-11, 03:12 PM
Fsport350
Driver

Originally Posted by dmk08
So today I had a chance to drive a friends 2008 IS350 with F-sport Shocks/Springs on 19". All I can say is that made my decision and I am NOT buying coil-overs. It was the perfect drop and I loved how it handled. Sewell should be shipping my springs/shocks soon!
Originally Posted by Wunko
I was really almost going to buy coilovers just like you but then I realized I just wanted a mild drop, nothing more, so I decided to reconsider springs. The adjustability of coilovers sounds nice though but I don't think I'll end up making adjustments much.
I've been contemplating coils or f-sport shocks/springs for a while. You bring up some good points. I rode in an IS with the BCR coils but I wish I knew someone with the F-sport combo.
Old 05-25-11, 07:06 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Fsport350
I've been contemplating coils or f-sport shocks/springs for a while. You bring up some good points. I rode in an IS with the BCR coils but I wish I knew someone with the F-sport combo.
And what do you think about BCR coils? Do you like it? How does it compare with your stock suspension??

Quick Reply: I've caved.. buying coils. What type should i get?