Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is Starke Coilovers Good?

Search this Thread

Old 10-08-11, 12:34 AM
Rukus1025
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Niceeeeeeee thanks guys for all the Opinions!
Old 10-08-11, 07:45 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts

I might look into getting these since you guys seem to like them. How low can they go?
Old 10-08-11, 03:59 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
I might look into getting these since you guys seem to like them. How low can they go?
FYI. I still haven't had any issues with my Starkes so far. As far as how low, my fronts are tucked in the fenders, and my rears are just at the fender. Im running 20's, so body wise its not super low, though I do drag my undertray during hard braking. Still have plenty of adjustment remaining to go lower.

Hope this helps some. Bless up
Old 10-09-11, 06:28 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by DJ XO
FYI. I still haven't had any issues with my Starkes so far. As far as how low, my fronts are tucked in the fenders, and my rears are just at the fender. Im running 20's, so body wise its not super low, though I do drag my undertray during hard braking. Still have plenty of adjustment remaining to go lower.

Hope this helps some. Bless up
That's good to hear. I plan on going pretty low and my current Megans go insanely low.

Where did you get your coilovers?
Old 10-09-11, 06:01 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

I bought them through a place here in Vegas. Major Auto. Are you in Vegas Kira X?
Old 10-09-11, 06:24 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

I bought them through a place here in Vegas. Major Auto. Are you in Vegas Kira X?
I wish I was in Vegas. I'm in Oklahoma City.
Old 10-10-11, 11:18 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Kira X
I wish I was in Vegas. I'm in Oklahoma City.
OKC! There are a few places online that offer them. Good luck if you choose them.
Old 11-08-11, 06:16 PM
keithstone
Driver School Candidate

So I lost my adjustment wrenches today and called Starke up directly. They first said it's going to cost me $10 to ship me a new pair with a "USPS FLAT RATE Package" but after tellling them how much I loved their coilovers, they said they'd send it out for FREE! Great service and great products, Still running strong with my Starkes!
Old 11-08-11, 07:37 PM
spdrcr771
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

I think that when it comes to coilovers you get what you pay for, like most performance parts. Most everything is NICE & works great when their brand new. But the real test is longevity. Ive got the Tein Flex & I have over 200K on them with no leaks & still riding great. The only thing that Ive done to them is change out the lower bushing in the front. Just sayin.
Old 11-09-11, 05:50 PM
SEXC
Pole Position

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
I think that when it comes to coilovers you get what you pay for, like most performance parts. Most everything is NICE & works great when their brand new. But the real test is longevity. Ive got the Tein Flex & I have over 200K on them with no leaks & still riding great. The only thing that Ive done to them is change out the lower bushing in the front. Just sayin.
200,000 (200k) miles on them
Old 12-08-11, 02:46 AM
88ROTORS
Former Sponsor

OKC! There are a few places online that offer them. Good luck if you choose them.
We offer these for sale here on the forums. Great product!
Old 12-08-11, 02:53 AM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Smile

Originally Posted by spdrcr771
Wow! That's crazy! I've seen so many coilovers that didn't make it past the 10,000 mile mark without needing to be replaced or rebuilt.
Old 07-26-12, 11:11 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

##update## For those interested, my Starkes are still going strong. No leaks, strange noises, or loss of performance. I've had them for just under a year. They've made a few trips to Cali from Vegas (horrible roads ) The rise quality is still really smooth, yet firm. If your into really stiff coils, these aren't for you. They're a happy medium IMO.

Just thought I would share in case anyone was considering purchasing a set.
Old 07-26-12, 04:18 PM
RINTHAL
Rookie

##update## For those interested, my Starkes are still going strong. No leaks, strange noises, or loss of performance. I've had them for just under a year. They've made a few trips to Cali from Vegas (horrible roads ) The rise quality is still really smooth, yet firm. If your into really stiff coils, these aren't for you. They're a happy medium IMO.

Just thought I would share in case anyone was considering purchasing a set.
Pics or it didnt happen! Naw j/k im just curious to see ride heights and diff setups.
Old 07-27-12, 01:27 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Pics of my bucket? Lol. No worries. Keep in mind it's on an SC not an IS like the OP implied. PM me your email and I'll send before and after pics. Bless up!

Quick Reply: Is Starke Coilovers Good?