Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Is Starke Coilovers Good?

Search this Thread

Old 05-19-11, 08:10 AM
soardrft
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by horent135
Plenty of SC have BC and Megans that are daily. Most of it are good news.
Yes I have noticed plenty of people using these coilovers, but in my experience they do not compare to others. Bc and megans offer the same adjustments that others do, however the ride in teins, stance, jic feel so much better. I have had the chance of riding in each in an SC and to me you just can't compare performance wise. Now that could be due to rim size, tires, other suspension mods.
As for price that's when you can debate. But for the price I would still choose teins. Megan and bc can be stiffer than teins, but much like bc you can change that. Just my quick review on coilovers for sc.
Old 05-21-11, 08:34 PM
horent135
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by soardrft
Yes I have noticed plenty of people using these coilovers, but in my experience they do not compare to others. Bc and megans offer the same adjustments that others do, however the ride in teins, stance, jic feel so much better. I have had the chance of riding in each in an SC and to me you just can't compare performance wise. Now that could be due to rim size, tires, other suspension mods.
As for price that's when you can debate. But for the price I would still choose teins. Megan and bc can be stiffer than teins, but much like bc you can change that. Just my quick review on coilovers for sc.
It is true that your ride affects on your wheels and suspension. It is kinda hard to judge which is best because everyone has a different feel. Some like it stiff, hard and others wants smooth, not bouncy ride. There are bad teins and jic coilovers as well. The best way is to buy the suspension and swap them until you are finally happy. If you buying like 3-5k coilovers like KW or Kei or something, that a different story.
Old 05-31-11, 11:56 AM
mr nut
Pole Position

Starke's are very good coilovers actually. They are big in Europe for all the German cars. I've been tracking my car with them and like them more than my Tein SS before. Not sure if its because the SS dampers were 2 years old and just went out, but I'm waiting fot them to release them for my girl's car too.
Old 07-27-11, 04:21 PM
keithstone
Driver School Candidate

Just installed a set on my girl's IS.. getting a set for my SC after my next paycheck. Good deal!
Old 08-02-11, 12:11 PM
JustChill
Lead Lap

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Whats the price on starke coilovers?
Old 08-02-11, 12:26 PM
CrazySC300
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Are they made by Stark Industries? If they are, They should be good! Think about it, Their CEO Tony Stark made himself a highly advance suit of armor that can fly! LOL!
Old 08-02-11, 08:32 PM
Kira X
美少女戦士セーラームーン

Received 409 Likes on 337 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by CrazySC300
Are they made by Stark Industries? If they are, They should be good! Think about it, Their CEO Tony Stark made himself a highly advance suit of armor that can fly! LOL!
Yeah, Tony's got that super cool suit. I heard he fights bad guys and hangs out with the Avengers sometimes.

Old 08-08-11, 03:43 AM
keithstone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by JustChill
Whats the price on starke coilovers?
I bought them for $899 shipped for the IS250. Its been on the car for a few months and couldn't be any happier. One or two more paychecks and I'm getting these bad boys for my SC. I think SC is a little bit cheaper.
Old 09-01-11, 08:00 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Just ordered mine yesterday. I will have my humble review this week for the forum.
Old 09-10-11, 12:50 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

After a few days with my new coil overs, I have a brief review if them (Starke Racing) They went in with out issue. I left the adjustment at just over half way which is how the dampeners are set from factory. The ride is very smooth, not bouncy at all, yet nice and firm at the current setting. No squeakes or noises so far.
Any questions, please ask. Hopefully I can help.
Old 09-13-11, 01:00 AM
keithstone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DJ XO
After a few days with my new coil overs, I have a brief review if them (Starke Racing) They went in with out issue. I left the adjustment at just over half way which is how the dampeners are set from factory. The ride is very smooth, not bouncy at all, yet nice and firm at the current setting. No squeakes or noises so far.
Any questions, please ask. Hopefully I can help.
Nice! How much did you pay? Type ss or rsg?
Old 09-13-11, 11:45 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

I picked them up for right at about a g, installed. Not disappointed thus far
Old 09-13-11, 12:49 PM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Sorry Keith. . I opted for the 16 way SS version. As apposed to the RSG, which are just over kill for MY particular application.
Old 09-14-11, 12:12 AM
keithstone
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by DJ XO
Sorry Keith. . I opted for the 16 way SS version. As apposed to the RSG, which are just over kill for MY particular application.
Np, I'm running the SS too. Couldnt be any happier! Love em!
Old 09-14-11, 02:44 AM
DJ XO
Pole Position

Originally Posted by keithstone
Np, I'm running the SS too. Couldnt be any happier! Love em!
*bump for Kieth, and Starke SS coilovers*

Quick Reply: Is Starke Coilovers Good?