Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installation Of Coilovers !

Search this Thread

Old 08-30-02, 11:28 AM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb Installation Of Coilovers !

Does anyone here in the ny/nj area know of any REPUTABLE shop that knows how to install coilovers on a GS? I went to a few shops around here and the best response I got was "We'll try to install it" . Though, first they looked at me like I was talking German because they literally NEVER installed coilovers on a high-end car. I would have gone to my brother-in-law bmw shop but they don't do coilovers on a lexus.

So if anyone knows any place who has experience with installing coilovers(apexi WS)SPECIFICALLY on a lexus, please let me know. I don't want my car to be their first.

Coilovers on a Lexus = Rare in NYC !
Old 08-30-02, 11:41 AM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Installation Of Coilovers !

Originally posted by DIESELMAN63
Does anyone here in the ny/nj area know of any REPUTABLE shop that knows how to install coilovers on a GS? I went to a few shops around here and the best response I got was "We'll try to install it" . Though, first they looked at me like I was talking German because they literally NEVER installed coilovers on a high-end car. I would have gone to my brother-in-law bmw shop but they don't do coilovers on a lexus.

So if anyone knows any place who has experience with installing coilovers(apexi WS)SPECIFICALLY on a lexus, please let me know. I don't want my car to be their first.

theres a place up in weschester I know of. StreetMasters in Peekskill, 10566.
Old 08-30-02, 02:14 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

There is a place in NJ that I used to do my TEIN FLEX. They charged about $240 for the coils installation. He also did my 4 wheel alignment for 60 bucks. He is pretty good and installs a lot of aftermarket stuff. I had the same guy install my TRD sways and LCB. The best thing is that he will let you stand there under the car watching what he does the whole time. Usually, other places will make you wait in the waiting room for saftey reasons. He is located in the morris county area. Let me know if you are interested. I can forward you the number.

Drew
Old 08-30-02, 10:40 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up

Thanks futuregs for that info, if I can't find any shop in the immediate area, I will consider heading there.

DrewGS4, I definately want that number. Please PM me !
Old 08-31-02, 12:19 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

If you don't want to go out to NJ you can take your car to Lexus of Greenwich and have my man Walt to it for you... He did mine..
Old 08-31-02, 12:35 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

They guy I used is in Randolph, NJ. He works at midas but does a lot of aftermarket work for customers in the area. A lot of speed shops use him as referrals. You get midas prices but quality work.
The best part is that they have an alignment shop on the premise and he is really good. He knows my lexus pretty well and is able to get the alignment and camber/toe to fall in correct specs especially after the car is lowered.

Here is the link to the shop with phone number. You can plot your own driving directions. The tech's name is Tom. Only have him install and do work on the car. He works every day of the week except on fridays and sundays. Also, they get very busy on saturdays so I do not recommend you go that day as they will rush your car.

Here is the link. I only live about 5 minitues from there, so if you guy are planning on getting things installed I can drop by and offer my advice or help out with anything you might need. Just give me some advance notice. Also, tell Tom you know Drew with the BLUE GS430 and he will know exactly who I am talking about. I am extremely **** about my car and all the TECH's there know and admire my car. They also installed my aftermarket brake kit, TRD rotors and SS lines. He is so awesome that he let me paint my calipers on the spot while the car was on the lift. He also installed my sways and my LCB. Not sure if would install the EDFC and get into the wiring and stuff but you can always ask.

Check the link below:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=...r:regT:1:fbT:0
Old 08-31-02, 12:39 AM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Drew, Quik question. What size rims do you have???
Old 08-31-02, 08:29 AM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

I have the stock 17's. Thinking of getting 18's but right now ....i am way over budget on spending for goodies on my car. Winter is coming up.....so maybe next season I will look into rims.
Old 08-31-02, 12:38 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

Gotcha.. I ask because I haven't found a place that can align my car since I have 20's, the biggest people can do around here are 18's....
Old 08-31-02, 05:31 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Installation Of Coilovers !

you got friends around you it seems. try Oregon
Old 08-31-02, 06:17 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by mrsypher
Gotcha.. I ask because I haven't found a place that can align my car since I have 20's, the biggest people can do around here are 18's....
Me too, I haven't found ANY place that can align 20's . The only way is to do it manually.
Old 08-31-02, 06:20 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by DrewGS4
They guy I used is in Randolph, NJ. He works at midas but does a lot of aftermarket work for customers in the area. A lot of speed shops use him as referrals. You get midas prices but quality work.
The best part is that they have an alignment shop on the premise and he is really good. He knows my lexus pretty well and is able to get the alignment and camber/toe to fall in correct specs especially after the car is lowered.

Here is the link to the shop with phone number. You can plot your own driving directions. The tech's name is Tom. Only have him install and do work on the car. He works every day of the week except on fridays and sundays. Also, they get very busy on saturdays so I do not recommend you go that day as they will rush your car.

Here is the link. I only live about 5 minitues from there, so if you guy are planning on getting things installed I can drop by and offer my advice or help out with anything you might need. Just give me some advance notice. Also, tell Tom you know Drew with the BLUE GS430 and he will know exactly who I am talking about. I am extremely **** about my car and all the TECH's there know and admire my car. They also installed my aftermarket brake kit, TRD rotors and SS lines. He is so awesome that he let me paint my calipers on the spot while the car was on the lift. He also installed my sways and my LCB. Not sure if would install the EDFC and get into the wiring and stuff but you can always ask.

Check the link below:

http://yp.yahoo.com/py/ypMap.py?Pyt=...r:regT:1:fbT:0
Drew, got a quick question, can you guy align 20's as well??
Old 08-31-02, 06:22 PM
D-MAN63
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Installation Of Coilovers !

Originally posted by bravo261

you got friends around you it seems. try Oregon
hehehe, I hear what your saying , it sucks when the city you live in don't know JACK about installing something on a high-end cars. One mechanic told me "what is coilovers"? When I heard that, I didn't say anything and I just walked out of the store.
Old 08-31-02, 09:20 PM
MrSypher
Lexus Fanatic

DMAN, You still looking to put your coilovers on?? I was just at HotLex400's house out in Queens and he got the Tein "Flex" like I got.. He's going to have my man at Lexus of Greenwich put them on for him. If you want I can see when there is a opening for ya.. Let me know... Oh, and another thing do you have the specs in English??
Old 08-31-02, 09:56 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Default Re: Re: Re: Installation Of Coilovers !

hehehe, I hear what your saying , it sucks when the city you live in don't know JACK about installing something on a high-end cars. One mechanic told me "what is coilovers"? When I heard that, I didn't say anything and I just walked out of the store.
thanks for understanding, but its not the city, its the whole friggin state. the whole region really, the Pacific Northwest. i'm barely better off than the Dakotas! the only saving grace is that i'm within a day's drive of Southern California