Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport springs out, BC Coilovers in FTW

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-11, 08:11 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

im rolling the same setup, but i do have stiffer springs rates. but they feel good. damper set at 15 in the front and 20 from soft on the rear.
Old 02-28-11, 09:30 PM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

nice, what damping setting do you have it on. i will be re-adjusting mine when it gets warm again. I havent touched my settings since install.
Old 03-01-11, 01:49 AM
MrBBQ
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks for the compliments, I'm officially on the coilovers ftw bandwagon.

Install took about.. 3 hours with a impact gun. Taking out my trunk liners took about 30min. I recommend air tools because those 19mm nuts are really tight. Had a hell of a time with them when i installed my F-SPORT springs using basic ratchets, wrenches.

I'm on 15 front and rear. Still experimenting different stings to find that sweet spot. The car was rubbing like crazy and I heat gunned some parts of the fender liner + bent the corner of that fender tab that the bumper bolts to upwards. Minimal rubbing until I went up a driveway and Sschrunchhhhh.. pulled into a parking space and the tire bent out the fender a bit.... ouch. When i got home, I raised the car a bit in the front but its not tucking anymore. What rim/tire setup are you dumped people running? Need advice on a better setup. Thanks in advance. My rim/tire specs are:

Front:
19x8.5 +34 235/35/19

Rear:
19x9.5 +37 275/30/19

Rear is fine, its like a mm from touching the fender but clears fine.

Last edited by MrBBQ; 03-14-11 at 01:30 AM.
Old 03-01-11, 08:00 AM
jnguyen87
Lead Lap

Im running real aggressive with my BCR coils. Im 19x9 + 11 in the front. i had to completely CUT OFF that tab and relocate the screw further forward into the bumper. Tires would never survive if i didnt do that.

Btw, your offsets, im sure you mean +34 and +37 right? Not those negatives lol

Originally Posted by MrBBQ
Thanks for the compliments, I'm officially on the coilovers ftw bandwagon.

Install took about.. 3 hours with a impact gun. Taking out my trunk liners took about 30min. I recommend air tools because those 19mm nuts are really tight. Had a hell of a time with them when i installed my F-SPORT springs using basic ratchets, wrenches.

I'm on 15 front and rear. Still experimenting different stings to find that sweet spot. The car was rubbing like crazy and I heat gunned some parts of the fender liner + bent the corner of that fender tab that the bumper bolts to upwards. Minimal rubbing until I went up a driveway and Sschrunchhhhh.. pulled into a parking space and the tire bent out the fender a bit.... ouch. When i got home, I raised the car a bit in the front but its not tucking anymore. What rim/tire setup are you dumped people running? Need advice on a better setup. Thanks in advance. My rim/tire specs are:

Front:
19x8.5 -34 235/35/19

Rear:
19x9.5 -37 275/30/19

Rear is fine, its like a mm from touching the fender but clears fine.
Old 03-01-11, 06:52 PM
niteLEX
Lead Lap

wow, i have f-sport springs right now and would DIE for some coils!!!!!!!!!
Old 03-06-11, 11:37 AM
panda327
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

how are the ride quality on the BC coils ? comparable to stock ? how are these coils compared to tein's CS
Old 03-06-11, 12:01 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Looks good. Glad you went to the coils. So much better and customizable.
Old 03-06-11, 06:10 PM
Johnny43
Driver School Candidate

hows the ride on the BC coilovers....and will it fit AWD IS250 models?
Old 03-06-11, 08:07 PM
new.era.13
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Johnny43
hows the ride on the BC coilovers....and will it fit AWD IS250 models?
bc racing coils are the best bang for the buck. i had mine for about a week so far and i like them. but i did go for a stiffer spring rate. But i should have went the KW way. but BC ftw right now!
Old 03-07-11, 07:05 AM
felixdang
Driver

I'm looking to lower my car as well but don't want the stiff ride..curious to know How much does the bC coils run for ???
Old 03-07-11, 02:50 PM
TOPSECRTIS
Pole Position

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by panda327
how are the ride quality on the BC coils ? comparable to stock ? how are these coils compared to tein's CS
I have mine pretty low so it's a little harsh but not too bad. I have never owned the Type CS but they are a lot like the Type Flex I had on my IS300. I was thinking about getting the CS but the price difference was too much, I decided to go with the BC and don't regret it at all.
Old 03-08-11, 04:02 PM
rebs
Lead Lap

Default Educate me please :-)

I know a little bit about coilovers, but I'm definitely not an expert.

I'm looking for a minimal drop (around f-sport spring height) and to maintain my ride quality (or at least most of it).

It sounds like a lot of people are going to the BC Coilovers. Since this thread talks about switching between those two solutions....

Can someone explain to me the advantages and disadvantages between these coilovers and the f-sport springs (including how often you have to have them rebuild and the associated cost)?
Old 03-09-11, 06:53 AM
IXI187IXI
Lexus Fanatic

Received 17 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by rebs
I know a little bit about coilovers, but I'm definitely not an expert.

I'm looking for a minimal drop (around f-sport spring height) and to maintain my ride quality (or at least most of it).

It sounds like a lot of people are going to the BC Coilovers. Since this thread talks about switching between those two solutions....

Can someone explain to me the advantages and disadvantages between these coilovers and the f-sport springs (including how often you have to have them rebuild and the associated cost)?
it all depends on what you want out of your car. if you are fine with just lowering it and leaving it where it is then go with the fsport springs. from what i gather the ride is pretty good.

if you want to raise and lower your car all the time then you should get coils. not as great of a ride as stock but with the adjustable dampening you can get it close. as far as rebuilding them its just like any other strut/shock. theres no set mileage of when it will go. good thing with BCRs is they offer replacements that they ship out to you for $100 a piece and you can swap it out yourself instead of sending your coils back to be rebuilt.
Old 03-09-11, 09:00 AM
rebs
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by IXI187IXI
it all depends on what you want out of your car. if you are fine with just lowering it and leaving it where it is then go with the fsport springs. from what i gather the ride is pretty good.

if you want to raise and lower your car all the time then you should get coils. not as great of a ride as stock but with the adjustable dampening you can get it close. as far as rebuilding them its just like any other strut/shock. theres no set mileage of when it will go. good thing with BCRs is they offer replacements that they ship out to you for $100 a piece and you can swap it out yourself instead of sending your coils back to be rebuilt.
I appreciate your feedback.

I am fine with lowering it and leaving it where it is. I guess I'm second guessing myself because a couple of people have seemed happier with the ride quality of the BC Coils vs. the new F-sport springs (and they aren't planning to raise and lower their car either).

My IS350 is my daily driver and it's important for me to maintain the low maintenance aspect of the car, so the idea of having to rebuild (or maintain) the coilovers around 20k scares me.

I guess this thread just has me second guessing going with F-sport springs though.
Old 03-09-11, 09:16 AM
BlackFish8
Pole Position

I am currently running f sport springs with oem tokico sports shocks. I've had this set up for about 6 months and it's been pretty solid IMO. However my passengers have commented that my ride is a bit bumpy, especially in the back. I don't mind it too much when I'm driving alone but I tend to take my car out on the weekend and want something closer to stock feel. I'm considering between bcr and tein cst. I know a member who used to have bcr but he was not too happy. Apparently he experienced some clunking in the rear. I'm not sure if any other member is experiencing the same issue?? The price difference from tein and bcr is about $450.

Quick Reply: F-Sport springs out, BC Coilovers in FTW