Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan ez coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 02-14-11, 07:11 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

planing on getting these soon because of the price and from what i hear from you guess i guess its worth it! Has anyone had issues thus far with these coilovers?
Old 02-14-11, 07:33 PM
DiDiMau
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

thanks for all the reviews... i'm considering going with these. for the price they can't be beat.
Old 02-14-11, 09:00 PM
IS2FIFTY
Lead Lap

Also i was planning to slam my AWD 250, would i have a problem with this? it seems like people with GS and LS are having problems about how it won't go that low. But i guess it's just with those cars?....
Old 02-16-11, 09:31 AM
MSirJet
Driver School Candidate

Megan EZ update on IS350: been a few thousand miles now and no squeaks, rattles or banging going on. I was impressed how well the dampening works with these low-end pieces. I decreased the dampening settings on the fronts and it was noticeable and significant change. They were a bit harsh for everyday street driving at 5 clicks out, went to 10 clicks out, the front is now much more compliant over sharp bumps but still stable through undulating sweepers.
Old 02-16-11, 02:06 PM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

just wish it would fit on the isc
Old 02-17-11, 08:20 AM
binhster
Rookie

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by MSirJet
Megan EZ update on IS350: been a few thousand miles now and no squeaks, rattles or banging going on. I was impressed how well the dampening works with these low-end pieces. I decreased the dampening settings on the fronts and it was noticeable and significant change. They were a bit harsh for everyday street driving at 5 clicks out, went to 10 clicks out, the front is now much more compliant over sharp bumps but still stable through undulating sweepers.
Thanks for the update. Since the front spring rates are higher than the rear spring rates (10kg Front /8kg Rear), are you getting more pronounced understeer than you did before? I'm contemplating these or possibly even the other Megan/BC Racing Coilovers as well, but just wanted to know if you can chime in. It seems most the Coilovers are setup with a higher spring rate than the rear. Another option would for me would be Tein H-Tech (6kg/6.3kg) and F-Sport shocks which seems to be a the route for mild drop but more longevity over time since the bilstein dampers are so robust. Most lowering springs seem to be more even as far as spring rates as well which would create a more neutral balance at the limit.
Old 03-10-11, 12:19 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Just ordered mine today, really excited to get my first set of coils. I'm not really looking to track the car but coming from a sports package e46 I really miss that low to ground feel and stiffer feel but hopefully with these and a sway bar I can gain that driving experience back. Since this is my first set of coils I need some input and direction as to how the adjusting works. If you have a quick run down on what to do or what settings would be best for every day driving I'd appreciate it. -Moe
Old 03-10-11, 12:41 PM
pli
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Husni08
Just ordered mine today, really excited to get my first set of coils. I'm not really looking to track the car but coming from a sports package e46 I really miss that low to ground feel and stiffer feel but hopefully with these and a sway bar I can gain that driving experience back. Since this is my first set of coils I need some input and direction as to how the adjusting works. If you have a quick run down on what to do or what settings would be best for every day driving I'd appreciate it. -Moe
me and 2 of my buddies (both have 1IS) ordered ours yesterday!

if you're installing these yourself, may want to look into this sticky thread if you didnt see it. https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...ere-first.html
Old 03-17-11, 02:39 AM
Phresh2010
Instructor

Received 126 Likes on 46 Posts

^ 3 buddies
Old 03-17-11, 10:05 AM
MxChase
Driver

I'm glad I found this thread. I have been wanting to get a newer IS350 and didn't how this suspension would be on it. I am a dealer for them so I'll be ordering them up as soon as I get the car. Hopefully that will be soon.

I've mostly been selling their stuff for the local guys here with honda's and nissan 240's so this will be a first for me on the lexus. Can't wait to throw in my 2cents.
Old 03-24-11, 10:59 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

finished installing my rear f-sport sway and Megans last night and BOY is the ride JUST like stock. It feels some much more responsive than before! I already did the wife test and she couldnt even tell a difference. Thats a plus!

I've got the front dampers set on 8 clicks from hard (0) and the rears set at 7 clicks from hard. It isnt too much lower than stock right now, but thats cause I was tired of messin with it last night. I'll lower it some more today, so i guess Illl need to stiffen up the damper settings all around.

What damper settings are you guys running? I
Old 03-24-11, 10:02 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have Megan LP's with 5K on them. Slammed and smooth at my height. No complaints whatsoever. Stiffest up front. Just thought a pic would help some.
Attached Thumbnails Megan ez coilovers?-dale-tu-photo-shoot.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-stay-steddi-meet-pic.jpg  
Old 03-25-11, 07:18 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

Got the tracking number yesterday for my set! Should have them by the 29th : )! I'm clueless as to what settings to go with but the last few posts are helping me get a better idea. I'd appreciate it if any other cats, preferably with EZ's on their rides chimed in. Thanks -Moe
Old 03-26-11, 05:04 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

changed my setup to be half a finger gap all around. runnin 19x8.5 25et with a 235 width tire and I barely rub. The rear is a 19x9.5 35et with chunky 265/35 series. no rub at all. I did the fender tab mod and heat gun treatment to the liner and its helped, but I still rub the liner on big dips.

Damper setting are 6 clicks from hard in front and 8 clicks from hard rear. rides like stock. no clunks or squeaks....I'm highly impressed for the relatively little amount of money spent.
Old 03-27-11, 01:05 AM
eggwoll
Lead Lap

what settings do u guys recommend for daily driving with some spirited runs? my coils come in monday....

Quick Reply: Megan ez coilovers?