Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan ez coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-11, 05:47 PM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks Tommy! The Megans ride so smooth!

Old 03-30-11, 08:15 PM
fishnfool
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey ApokC! Looks great! Take a better pic so we can see the whole car. BTW, nice meeting you today. Tommy is amazing...isn't he?! See you around.

Dean
Old 03-30-11, 11:29 PM
ApokC
Lexus Test Driver

^^^ likewise! Nice meeting you too. Tommy's is the new hangout haha.

And ya, Ill post pictures tomorrow when I clean her up a bit
Old 04-28-11, 08:44 PM
MxChase
Driver

Just got them installed on my personal IS350. Absolutely LOVE them. They ride SUPER smooth. My wife drove it today with my 3 year old and 6 month old baby in the back and thought it felt like stock. Sorry for the crappy cell pics but gotta post up something.

Old 04-29-11, 03:54 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Just had a question in terms of which coilover is better for what I want to achieve. I'm not planning to track my car or even go on spirited drives, I just want to slam it to the ground, however, I feel as though the EZ street's spring rates are way too soft, basically expecting it to bottom out a lot since theres not enough suspension travel. Would it be better to just opt for the BC racing coilovers or do you think the EZ streets are sufficient enough for what I want to achieve? I'm planning to basically go all the way down near rim almost touching the fenders front and back, or basically as low as it will go without dropping the preload. (hopefully these go as low as the LP streets, correct me if i'm wrong)
Old 04-29-11, 05:13 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Stevoe88
Just had a question in terms of which coilover is better for what I want to achieve. I'm not planning to track my car or even go on spirited drives, I just want to slam it to the ground, however, I feel as though the EZ street's spring rates are way too soft, basically expecting it to bottom out a lot since theres not enough suspension travel. Would it be better to just opt for the BC racing coilovers or do you think the EZ streets are sufficient enough for what I want to achieve? I'm planning to basically go all the way down near rim almost touching the fenders front and back, or basically as low as it will go without dropping the preload. (hopefully these go as low as the LP streets, correct me if i'm wrong)
That's a great question. They will go as low as the LP's (I love them). I'm not sure if they will be as stiff as what you want. I'm set to the stiffest as well. I'd call Megan to find out.
Old 04-29-11, 05:36 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

these things will drop about 4 inches, but you are right. The springs rates are still very soft.

I keep thinking that eventually there wont be any more fender liner to rub, but I've been wrong every time now.
Old 04-30-11, 07:36 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

So should i opt for the lp streets instead?
Old 04-30-11, 10:39 PM
Sffd103
Fire Slayer

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

I have the LP's and I can only speak for them. I love them and their ride quality. I'm slammed and I ride comfortably smooth for a lowered ride. If the price doesn't bother you then get these.
Old 04-30-11, 11:27 PM
StpdSavant
Rookie

I've searched quite a bit but couldn't find an answer: can the damper be rebuilt or replaced? Or does the entire coilover assembly have to be shipped back to Megan for refurbishment (implying that the car is undrivable for this period of time)?
Old 05-01-11, 03:57 PM
Frosty250
Lexus Test Driver

Had mine on for almost 2 weeks. I must say they are very comfortable. Set my damper settings to full stiff. It's not bad at all.
Old 05-01-11, 09:52 PM
Stevoe88
Lead Lap

Well ended up picking up a set of EZ streets from Chris at SpeedNStyles, (great seller to anyone who would like to pick up any suspension parts from, highly recommended and buy with confidence.) I'll let you guys know how the install goes, time for some slammage!
Old 05-01-11, 10:32 PM
Husni08
Pole Position

I've had mine around for two months just posted in my room.. The more I read about it the more I wanna throw them on. Only problem is I wanna throw spacers to make the stocks flush and get the sway bar to help with body roll while I'm at it. With a possibility of powder coating the rims :/
Old 05-03-11, 01:42 PM
MxChase
Driver

Originally Posted by Frosty250
Had mine on for almost 2 weeks. I must say they are very comfortable. Set my damper settings to full stiff. It's not bad at all.
I'm running mine 9 clicks in.. So basically half way. LOVE the ride of the EZ streets but I noticed as someone else said that when you're super low it really tears up the inner fenders.
Old 05-05-11, 06:39 PM
humblehype
Rookie

How much did you guys pay shipped?

Quick Reply: Megan ez coilovers?