Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan ez coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-10, 12:15 PM
c-low
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

placed my order. now waiting....... =D anyone on these rolling around DUMPED?
Old 12-27-10, 10:27 AM
MSirJet
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Megan EZ coilover update

Had them in for few thousand miles now and am quite happy with them. Ride quality is smooth with no clunking or squeaks, they are in fact very close to stock but handling response is improved noticeably.

I have the comp/rebound adjustment set to middle position and not really messed with these settings yet. Spring preload all around is at 8 1/2" spring length but think I will add another 1/2" preload (to 8") on the front as it is bottoming out on occasion. Perhaps a stiffer spring rate on the front would have been better for me but this is the beauty of separate preload/ride height adjustability.

Though the car sporty handling is much improved over stock with these units, I still need to install a set of aftermarket swaybars for the inherent understeer modern cars including this IS have engineered into them. Tending to go with the Hotchkis bars for the additional rear bar adjustability. Anyone have any experience with these, and squeaking or banging?

I have ride height set to 25" front and 25 3/4" rear (as measured from fender lip through wheel c/l to ground). I am not after the slammed look but more of a european look. Which I believe I've attained albeit to the trained eye!

Hope this helps. Would like to hear what other guys coilover settings are.
Old 12-30-10, 11:43 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Just ordered mine from Circuit MS! Will review once I get it on. I'm quite excited to match it up with my front and rear F Sport Sways!
Old 12-30-10, 11:48 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Rush350
Just ordered mine from Circuit MS! Will review once I get it on. I'm quite excited to match it up with my front and rear F Sport Sways!
Install the coilovers first and ride around. Then install the f-sport sways That way I know if the sways would make any more of difference
Old 12-31-10, 05:19 PM
Rush350
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by whitecel
Install the coilovers first and ride around. Then install the f-sport sways That way I know if the sways would make any more of difference
I'm on H&R's now with the front and rear sways already on. So the only comparison I can do is H&R's vs. Megan.

I had the H&R's for 2 weeks before the sways. After the sways came on, it was all fun and confidence in corners, slow speed and high speed
Old 12-31-10, 08:09 PM
jaxxx
Pole Position

do these coilovers have enough adjustments in height to keep the stock height if i wanted??

my concern in getting the stock alignment specs with these coilovers
Old 01-01-11, 12:56 AM
KI_GSE21
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jaxxx
do these coilovers have enough adjustments in height to keep the stock height if i wanted??

my concern in getting the stock alignment specs with these coilovers
Yes, with the Megan EZ, you are able to keep the OEM ride height depending on you adjust the settings during install.

If you do lower your ride, you can only purchase a rear camber kit to correct the negative camber for the rear. As for the front, there is no front camber kit available. However, several members have modified an IS300 SPC front camber kit and successfully made it fit the ISX50. Just some minor modifications and they were able to use the front camber kit to bring the front camber back to OEM specs.
Old 01-03-11, 09:17 AM
MSirJet
Driver School Candidate

Default alignment settings

When I installed these I did not disturb any of the adjustable connections/bolts, that is why I needed to use a spring compressor. (screwing in the height adjustment for fitment was still not enough to get the rears in-place). Alignment settings (other then camber due to lowering) are fine and the car rides good, no pulling or cocked steering wheel. Bump steer has not been an issue either and see no need to raise the steering rack to counter. There is a little bit more negative camber that I notice visually in the rear, but nothing like what I'm running on my 83 911 track car, so I'm not concerned with excessive tire wear. Keep in mind the lower you go the more neg camber will be introduced. I am still getting understeer in hard cornering though, I have the ride height set to where I want for the look I'm after so I don't want to dial it out with ride height adjustments and don't want to stiffen up the front springs too much or dial in more dampening as this is my daily driver. I am planning to get a set of HR sway bars which should alleviate much of the understeer tendency. Now if I can only disable the trac control without doing the pedal dance.... lol Cheers and enjoy!
Old 01-25-11, 02:01 AM
chris07is
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 65 Posts

im thinking about purchasing this..compare to other coilovers (lp series, tein cs and bc racing) how does this one different from others? such as the height and the adjustment of damper?
Old 02-03-11, 06:12 PM
Bottledfed
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by kanklez
i'm thinking of trying these. Rubber mounts, lower spring rates, and great price.
When your order BC coils you can choose which ever spring rates you want for no extra change and they will also revalve them for free as well, just takes a bit longer. If anyone tells you otherwise they are full of it.
Old 02-07-11, 02:37 PM
pli
Lead Lap

anyone with regrets for megan ez's yet? if not, i might just order mine soon
Old 02-07-11, 09:05 PM
whitecel
Pole Position

No regrets here. Not 1 problem with them either. Well just one. Haven't found the perfect damper setting yet
Old 02-10-11, 08:05 AM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

thinkin bout gettings these for my ISC was just wondering if the are the same suspension as the sedans ...
Old 02-10-11, 08:58 AM
Bottledfed
Pole Position

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mrcheerio
thinkin bout gettings these for my ISC was just wondering if the are the same suspension as the sedans ...
LOL 99% sure it wont be, whole different chassis.
Old 02-10-11, 01:02 PM
mrcheerio
Pole Position

i keep hearing diffrent things

Quick Reply: Megan ez coilovers?