Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Megan ez coilovers?

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-11, 05:49 AM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

it's all good. I stiffened up the dampening rate a bit and the car feels great. I think the torque specs are in a sticky of the suspension forum.
Old 07-21-11, 10:24 PM
inno
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey guys, I have the EZ coils on my 2010 IS350. I left the rear at the Megan height set from the factory and the fronts are as high as they go. I'm still slammed in the front, and my 19x8.5 +35 on 235/35/19 are still mad rubbing. I'm running a 3mm spacer to clear the calipers. Anyone else struggling with rubbing in the fronts? I can barely fit a finger between the tire and the fender liner.
Old 08-08-11, 08:19 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got mine installed, we shaved the crap out of the fenders to get them to fit... I still want to go lower in the front but there's still some rubbing.

The problem is that I can't really find out where. I have some ramps at home which are basically some 2x10 lumber that are staggered so it makes a slow rise to the ramp. I place one ramp at a corner, and then slowly drove up the ramp to see where the wheel hits. So basically I raised each corner by itself about 5 inches, and I couldn't see where it's rubbing.

I have rubbing in the rear. The best I can tell is that it is rubbing on a tab where the rear bumper meets the wheel well. I might grind that down a bit more to see if that eliminates the rubbing in the rear.

As for the front, well I do want to go lower, but I'm afraid of tearing up the fenders when I go in and out of a parking lot. I think they pretty much trimmed everything where rubbing is possible, but of course with the wheel cut you could smash the fender.

Anyone have the front tire tucked more and still have the ability to do pretty full turns safely?
Attached Thumbnails Megan ez coilovers?-new-drop-1.jpg   Megan ez coilovers?-new-drop-2.jpg  
Old 08-21-11, 12:47 AM
tedward88
Pole Position

just got mine installed last week and noticed that the car vibrates a lot when idling on D or R, anybody else experience the same thing? btw my car is a IS250 AWD
Old 08-25-11, 10:25 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

No, I have no vibrations but I have an IS350 rear wheel drive, so there may be a difference.

I am not even too lowered, but this morning I was pulling into a parking lot which had a steep entry, I heard a really bad rubbing sound. When I checked my tires in the front there was actually some chunks missing out of the tire on the edge so it must have rubbed on a bracket or something. I'll have to jack it up with the wheel turned to see where it rubs... man it's a lot of work to get this car to ride low.

My fronts aren't even tucked, it's to the point where there is no gap but it's not tucked... I know people on here are running daily drivers with much lower ride height.... how much grinding of stuff did you guys have to do to make it driveable?
Attached Thumbnails Megan ez coilovers?-1.jpg  
Old 08-25-11, 04:03 PM
RastaRacer
Lexus Champion

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

^^ looks good, but why dont you lower the front more..the back looks lower than the front.
Old 08-25-11, 08:47 PM
SCWB
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by isthrizzy
No, I have no vibrations but I have an IS350 rear wheel drive, so there may be a difference.

I am not even too lowered, but this morning I was pulling into a parking lot which had a steep entry, I heard a really bad rubbing sound. When I checked my tires in the front there was actually some chunks missing out of the tire on the edge so it must have rubbed on a bracket or something. I'll have to jack it up with the wheel turned to see where it rubs... man it's a lot of work to get this car to ride low.

My fronts aren't even tucked, it's to the point where there is no gap but it's not tucked... I know people on here are running daily drivers with much lower ride height.... how much grinding of stuff did you guys have to do to make it driveable?
What is your wheel spec in the front?

Width:
Offest:
Tire size:
Spacer:
Old 08-26-11, 07:23 AM
jay90011
Pole Position

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

@ isthrizzy

In regards to the rubbing i noticed that i was rubbing on any step drive ways when the wheel was turned slightly to the right. The rubbing was caused due to the wheel actually rubbing up against the fender. Currently my fender is damaged but im going to have to get it rolled when i get my car back next week. Also what might help with the rubbing by adjusting the dampener settting to 4 clicks from hard has helped with the rubbing but my fender liner was pretty beat up from when i had tien stechs. My setup to compare, front is 19x9 et32 / 235-35-19 and rear is 19x10.5 et42 / 255-40-19 (No Rubbing in rear but going a size smaller to a 35 series)
Old 08-26-11, 07:44 AM
isthrizzy
Lead Lap

RastaRacer, I would love to go lower, but as I explained it's already rubbing like an SOB in certain instances.

I think the front wheels have the following spec:
19" x 8.5" +35 on Hankook 235/35/19 and no spacers. They certainly aren't flush, which is fine because then I'd have even more issues.

So I suppose I can go to a different tire, such as a 225 width and that may help. The tires probably don't have more than 10k miles on them and now with more camber I'm sure they'll be ready to be changed out within the next 6 months.

I have the lip of the front fender almost shaved completely off, so there may be another bracket that I can shave down a bit more, but I'm not too sure about that.

My rear still rubs but I'm pretty sure that's just the fender liner so I don't care about that. I am more worried about damaging the fender in the front.
Old 02-02-12, 12:02 PM
Evoaz92
Rookie

Sorry to bring up an old thread but this is one of the most influential thread i read so far about the megan ez. Is everyone still happy with their megan ez?? im looking to order some
Old 02-02-12, 01:02 PM
06isDriver
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

still happy....just know that they arent racing coils....gives a smooth ride still with *slightly* better sure-footedness in the corners
Old 02-09-12, 01:25 PM
Haddz
Driver School Candidate

Default **** extension

hey those of you with these coilovers on,specifically the awd version, is the **** extension necesary for easy hieght adjustment? thinkin of getting the 200 mm version
Old 03-29-12, 08:05 PM
CCJ22
Lexus Champion

In for more feedback. Everything I had read stated that these coilovers DO NOT come with rubber mounts. Only the BCR's come with rubber mounts... Have I been mislead?
Old 04-05-12, 01:26 AM
A_Grasso
Lexus Test Driver

^ i think the EZ 's come with rubber mounts and the LP's come with pillow ball mounts? I have the LP and its pillow ball. I don't really think it makes much of a difference in ride quality, and as for people saying that pillow ball mounts create more sound, its nothing a few clicks up on the volume control can't handle!
Old 04-11-12, 01:02 PM
dmunizjr
Driver School Candidate

Default do they

do they vibrate when you drive or going less then 20 mph

Quick Reply: Megan ez coilovers?