Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Coilovers that work with UAS

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-10, 12:20 AM
LiLS
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers that work with UAS

what coilovers go the lowest thatll also work with UAS??

lmk thanks!
Old 09-21-10, 05:42 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

all coilovers will work. just need that bracket stuff from UAS.
There was a tein coilover that works without the bracket, but as we all know, teins do not go low.
Old 09-22-10, 01:04 AM
Solo_D33A
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Don't know, UAS bags are not sleeve bags are they? if it's normal bags, it would require rear coils that have springs like the OEM does, at the bottom.
Old 09-22-10, 12:54 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I beleive there is a guy on here that posted up his BC Racing kit with a set of UAS bags on it.
Old 09-22-10, 02:12 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by 5t341th
all coilovers will work. just need that bracket stuff from UAS.
There was a tein coilover that works without the bracket, but as we all know, teins do not go low.
Please dont mislead people. All coilovers will not work.

There are multiple threads that have inquired about the same question,

Here is one of my quotes from one of the threads

There are no coilover that you can use in the rear of the GS without modifying the rear struts except the Tein CS. I've spoken extensively to UAS and basically the breakdown is this front coils are not a problem as long as their diameter is under 2.14". However if using a different coil than the Tein CS, then you need to modify the rear coils to be able to mount the bag as low as possible, since all of the rear coils put the springs at the top. Bear in mind that this is not a cheap setup, Coils will run you about under $1G but you will need to modify the rears and you are looking at about $300-500 to heliarc the coils and for the brackets that you need.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...-question.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...ml#post5605714
Old 09-22-10, 02:13 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by CircuitMS
I beleive there is a guy on here that posted up his BC Racing kit with a set of UAS bags on it.
He is only utilizing the front shocks. The rears cannot be used without extensive modification.
Old 09-22-10, 02:14 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

not all coilovers will work. it really depends on your car. for example most teins DO NOT WORK besides the CS. the fronts will work like regular shocks the rear takes lots of modding. Zack from UAS can pretty much fab the coilover to work.
Old 09-23-10, 09:57 PM
tom steele
Lead Lap

damn how low do you want to go my tire rub the inner fenders dont really want to cut the car up but i may just so i can drive lower without any issues. but air bags alone get you damn low.
Old 09-26-10, 01:41 PM
c4lvin
Pole Position

Technically, all coilovers DO work. The rears are the ones that you need to do work on to get them to work since most place the spring up top and you have to keep the bag at the bottom. All you're really doing is flipping the shock (in retrospect, not literally), so all you need to do is create a metal sleeve/tube to place above the bag (welded to the top bag plate) and keep the bag at the bottom and to touch the top shock mount so you can lift and compress). You might need to cut/reweld the bottom shock mounts depending on your coilovers.

Trust me, most, if not all will work. You just have to know what you're doing.

If you're looking for straight bolt on and go without much custom work, stock struts and Tein CS (with UAS brackets) are the only ones (or whatever coilovers keep the rear spring at the bottom like stock style).

Last edited by c4lvin; 09-26-10 at 01:46 PM.
Old 09-26-10, 07:24 PM
mex lex
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by c4lvin
Technically, all coilovers DO work. The rears are the ones that you need to do work on to get them to work since most place the spring up top and you have to keep the bag at the bottom. All you're really doing is flipping the shock (in retrospect, not literally), so all you need to do is create a metal sleeve/tube to place above the bag (welded to the top bag plate) and keep the bag at the bottom and to touch the top shock mount so you can lift and compress). You might need to cut/reweld the bottom shock mounts depending on your coilovers.

Trust me, most, if not all will work. You just have to know what you're doing.

If you're looking for straight bolt on and go without much custom work, stock struts and Tein CS (with UAS brackets) are the only ones (or whatever coilovers keep the rear spring at the bottom like stock style).
+1

BTW, I have some brand new Tein CS brackets for sale in the classifieds for less than they go from UAS.