Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

All this-and still the shake???

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-10, 01:13 PM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by pizdets17
I want to know too as I just replaced the bushings and got a new alignment and all that did was push the problem from 90km/h to 105km/h. Still shakes like a sonovabeyatch.
LOL, same thing happened to me. The Daizen bushings eliminated the shake from 55-62... but 62+ it's still intermittent. Any my symptoms mimic OP's too... plus I know the engine mounts are bad anyway.
Old 11-13-10, 11:50 AM
PushinLEX
Lexus Champion

I'm getting highway vibrations in my steering wheel. Any good shops you guys in the Los Angeles area to check and/or replace motor mounts that can also check my suspension and brakes for a reasonable price?
Old 11-13-10, 03:46 PM
LexusK
Racer

Received 21 Likes on 19 Posts

^ Me too. When I was driving from Houston to Austin I noticed my steering wheel was shaking violently. What should I change next? All Ive done is change balljoints so far. My car is a 98 and has 75k miles on it.
Old 11-13-10, 04:36 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

grab your torch and pitchfork lol this is just the beggining

Originally Posted by LexusK
^ Me too. When I was driving from Houston to Austin I noticed my steering wheel was shaking violently. What should I change next? All Ive done is change balljoints so far. My car is a 98 and has 75k miles on it.
Old 11-14-10, 12:59 PM
krispl
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I did all daizens and all 3 motor/tranny mounts and it's not as bad as it used to be but it's still there around 75mph. I begin to aim towards tilt wheel/steering wheel assembly/bearing or steering rack itself. INNER ball joints perhaps? Has anyone tried that? The list goes on and on.......lol
Old 11-14-10, 02:24 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

i did daizen steering and sway bushings, tightened the steering rack too lol..

Originally Posted by krispl
I did all daizens and all 3 motor/tranny mounts and it's not as bad as it used to be but it's still there around 75mph. I begin to aim towards tilt wheel/steering wheel assembly/bearing or steering rack itself. INNER ball joints perhaps? Has anyone tried that? The list goes on and on.......lol
Old 11-14-10, 02:32 PM
krispl
Pole Position

i did daizen steering and sway bushings, tightened the steering rack too lol..
I forgot to mention these! Did them too! lol Sway bars and steering rack bushings and pre-tensioner adjustment. Handles better in terms of steering wheel looseness but shaking still there at higher speeds such as 75mph +. I noticed that people did inner ball joints but how about wheel bearings? I know people inspected them for looseness and they seemed to be ok but has anyone actually replaced them?
Old 11-14-10, 03:59 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

Had mine checked there wasnt even a thou of play but didn't replace as from what I understand its a huge pain. But WHY doesn't it shake with stock 16'???

I forgot to mention these! Did them too! lol Sway bars and steering rack bushings and pre-tensioner adjustment. Handles better in terms of steering wheel looseness but shaking still there at higher speeds such as 75mph +. I noticed that people did inner ball joints but how about wheel bearings? I know people inspected them for looseness and they seemed to be ok but has anyone actually replaced them?
Old 11-14-10, 09:39 PM
D-Boi
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the shakes on my 99 GS as well. Only at like 60-75 even 80 miles per hour.

I have new LCA's, UCA's, LBJ's, Outer tie rods, (inner ones still original 152kmiles)

I have 19's with perfect balance however the front tires are unevenly worn badly its how i bought them. I just bought new tires for the stock 16s so we will see how it rides with them, but i highly think it will still vibe.

The funny thing is it does not always do it, like some days it will vibrate and some days it wont.

Also it doesnt start in the steering wheel it starts in the floor of the car, leads me to believe its not the tires. Oh well i need new outer tie rods, caster arm bushings, and new motor mounts and this baby is ready to keep on truckin for another 150k miles. No complaints here, ive had 3 2GS's and none of them has ever given me a problem, these arent problems theyre wear and tear items.
Old 11-14-10, 09:58 PM
krispl
Pole Position

Had mine checked there wasnt even a thou of play but didn't replace as from what I understand its a huge pain. But WHY doesn't it shake with stock 16'???
So what you're saying is that after all you did it DOESN'T shake with 16 inch wheels at all?

I used to have GS300 with 16" wheels and it was still shaking but on that car I never did full front suspension daizen bushing replacement, I just did them on my current GS430.
Old 11-14-10, 11:01 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

it never shook with 16"s and doesnt now, any bigger doesn't matter how much and what wheel (oem, work, axis etc) and it goes to ****.

So what you're saying is that after all you did it DOESN'T shake with 16 inch wheels at all?

I used to have GS300 with 16" wheels and it was still shaking but on that car I never did full front suspension daizen bushing replacement, I just did them on my current GS430.
Old 11-15-10, 12:37 PM
krispl
Pole Position

it never shook with 16"s and doesnt now, any bigger doesn't matter how much and what wheel (oem, work, axis etc) and it goes to ****.
I know for a fact that lots of members have 'shaking' issue even with stock 16" wheels. I don't believe that size is what matters but it looks like it's different in your case
Old 11-15-10, 01:12 PM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

yep no shake with 16, with 3 diff brands of tires on them lol

I know for a fact that lots of members have 'shaking' issue even with stock 16" wheels. I don't believe that size is what matters but it looks like it's different in your case
Old 11-16-10, 06:55 AM
JiBBeL
Lead Lap

Well, I ordered new engine mounts... Everything else suspension-wise is new except inner tie rods. Will report back next week to let yall know what difference it made for me.
Old 11-16-10, 10:10 AM
pizdets17
Lexus Test Driver

I got a foot of snow outside today, car is now parked for the winter. Problem solved lmao.

Originally Posted by JiBBeL
Well, I ordered new engine mounts... Everything else suspension-wise is new except inner tie rods. Will report back next week to let yall know what difference it made for me.

Quick Reply: All this-and still the shake???