Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installing L-tuned susp in NYC

Old 07-12-02, 12:34 AM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts
Default Installing L-tuned susp in NYC

I went to Lexus of Manhattann, they told me the l-tuned springs and shocks would cost around $1,000, and they wouldnt say how much it is to install them. Can anybody suggest a dealership in ny/nj where I can install the suspension for a reasonable price?

Thanks for ur help.
Old 07-12-02, 12:57 AM
Pearlpower
Lexus Fanatic

Received 18 Likes on 15 Posts
Default Ouch

Contact Steve over at Carson Toyota for the kit. He sells it for much less.
Old 07-12-02, 01:01 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

i *think* you should be able to get the l-tuned setup (springs and shocks) for around 600 from steve shipped?

and for installation, i don't know...... i know a shop in south cali, and the guy said it shouldn't cost more than 150 for the isntallation, coz' it's not hard at all.... he quoted me 100 bucks for the whole install
Old 07-12-02, 02:38 AM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i know good shop to do install itself.. i can even give you good price on l-tuned parts too )
Old 07-12-02, 04:17 AM
mooretorque
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

Your dealership is trying to hose you on parts cost. The list price for L-Tuned springs and shocks is $632 (this is from their website). Steve Ganz sells 'em for about $550 or thereabouts. Don't know about alexus.

Installation plus alignment is variable. Romini is getting a great deal though; $150 is really cheap for 4-6 hrs labor. Most "good deals" have been around $400 with an add'l $100 for 4 wheel alignment. Unless you really know the independent shop well, I'd get a Lexus dealer to do it since the installation is then warrantied.
Old 07-12-02, 05:48 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus of Manhattan

RNM,

who did you speak to at Lexus of Manhattan and how specific were you with your request. About $1,000 is what I would expect for an INSTALLED price on the L-Tuned. SECOND and more important, Lexus of Manhattan is in the process of becoming a sponsoring vendor for CL and offering discounts to ClubLexus members and parts and service. The GM has given me a list of contacts who members should go to for their specific needs...for Parts the only person you should talk to is Tommy Acciarello (pronounced: Atch-a-rell-o). Because Ethan (Static911) has been concentrating on the new improved web design, we have not been able to introduce Lof M as a new sponsoring vendor and all of the contact info etc.

I just spoke to the GM and told him of your issue and he is speaking to all of the managers now to remind them of the new sponsorship with CL. If you wouldn't mind though, to call back and speak to Tommy for your parts needs, and then for the install speak to Jennifer Conti the service writer to schedule your install. The GM was also concerned that someone was possibly quoting a price "off the top of their head" and would address that with his team.

So if you don't mind giving them another chance, please feel free to mention ClubLexus and me Johnny Mo and they should be able to give you a more appropriate response. You can reach Tommy at (212)977-4400.
Old 07-12-02, 06:15 AM
Johnny Mo
GX and 2IS Moderator

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Lexus of Manhattan CL discount

Everyone,

The GM of Lexus of Manhattan just called me back and wanted me to post this discount offer for CL members.

15% Discount on ALL Parts and Service (TRD and L-Tuned included)

on combined parts and service totalling $1,000 or more receive a voucher for complimentary Oil & Filter Change Service.

I will also post this in the Lobby, but I think given the circumstances it is appropriate to post here as well... These guys seem more than willing to work with us and I think we should respect that.

At your request Lexus of Manhattan will provide you with a VIP member disount card. (I'll see if we can get special CL/LofM cards made up)
Old 07-12-02, 01:09 PM
DrewGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Guys,

I just found a great place in NJ that does installs. They are located in Morris county. All they do is aftermarket installs. If you get the L-tuned shocks and springs say from Steve, he will install these items or if you have the coilcovers he will install either one for $200 full labor.

Prices for installation of Front/Rear Sways, LCB - $50

Sand, paint, clearcoat calibers ($60)

He can also get the parts, quoted me $950 for bilstein PSS coilcover for my GS. Not sure if that is a good price or not.
Old 07-12-02, 02:52 PM
RNM GS3
Lexus Test Driver

Received 59 Likes on 43 Posts

Johnny Mo,

The parts salesperson at lexus of manhattan gave me those prices and i think he checked them on his computer. I told him that the prices that he gave were a bit high but he told me thats how much it was. He also said it would take awhile for them to order the parts, and he didnt know what it would cost to install it. Ill definitely give them a call again and mention clublexus, hopefully this time the prices will be better. Thanks for ur help.
Old 07-12-02, 06:26 PM
marketbully
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Rallye Long Island

I got my L-tuned suspension kit installed at Rallye in Long Island last August. They charged me for 4.4 labor hours - a total of $430 after tax. According to the installation instructions that come with the L-Tuned suspension kit, I believe it says it should only be about 4hours of labor so I would be wary of mechanics that are asking for more.

This does not include alignment. The service rep there told me I didnt need it...I know people have a difference in opinion about this but so far I have had no uneven wear on my tires nor any problems with steering wheel vibration (knock on wood)

and I also got the parts from Steve Ganz...cant go wrong with Ganz the man!

Last edited by marketbully; 07-12-02 at 06:26 PM.
Old 07-13-02, 01:31 PM
RacingAristo

How can they take 4.4 hours just to install the suspension? This is ridiculous?
Old 07-14-02, 04:13 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Yeah 4.4 seems way long since local California installers are telling me 1.5 hrs to install TEIN HA's setups....

--
Old 07-14-02, 06:40 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 183 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally posted by Synergy
Yeah 4.4 seems way long since local California installers are telling me 1.5 hrs to install TEIN HA's setups....

--
yup, my shop told me it won't be anything more than 2 hrs
Old 07-19-02, 06:41 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Default Re: Lexus of Manhattan CL discount

Originally posted by Johnny Mo
Everyone,

The GM of Lexus of Manhattan just called me back and wanted me to post this discount offer for CL members.

15% Discount on ALL Parts and Service (TRD and L-Tuned included)

on combined parts and service totalling $1,000 or more receive a voucher for complimentary Oil & Filter Change Service.

I will also post this in the Lobby, but I think given the circumstances it is appropriate to post here as well... These guys seem more than willing to work with us and I think we should respect that.

At your request Lexus of Manhattan will provide you with a VIP member disount card. (I'll see if we can get special CL/LofM cards made up)
On the east coast it's tough finding a Lexus Dealer that is willing to do L-Tuning for you. I think Johnny Mo is doing all of us a great favor by having Lexus of Manhattan knock off 15%, I think I will have to check into this now.

Thank you for your efforts Johnny!
Old 07-19-02, 06:57 PM
lexguynj
Lexus Test Driver

Johnny Mo,

Does Lexus of Manhattan also do body repair work at their location too? Such as installing a new OEM front Bumper? (Mine is damaged).

Thanks

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Installing L-tuned susp in NYC