Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

idea on prices for tein HA and Flex

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-02, 08:43 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts
Default idea on prices for tein HA and Flex

i want to get tein but i want to get a rough idea how much they are. i would either get the HA or the Flex with EDFC. any comments on the prices?
Old 07-09-02, 09:09 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

HA~$900-950

Flex, ~$1300-1350+300 for edfc

from what i read/heard
Old 07-09-02, 09:30 AM
Overclocker
G35x - RWD/AWD goodness

gs4will,

Now that you have the prices layed out, it makes me wonder. Why is the Flex $400 more than the HA. I know it's newer and different, but is it $400 different?

Overclocker
Old 07-09-02, 09:33 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

because it comes with upper mounts
Old 07-09-02, 09:36 AM
GS4Will
Lexus Fanatic

good question.... like many tech no related things in this world, esp from japan, when you have an item that is "NEW", the discount which it will be given will be smaller compare to the HA. plus, the flex is more "flexible" in terms of adjustment, and you can add the edfc to it...HA was still selling at ~$11-1200 last year and the HA is more stiff than the flex..for those who are looking for stiffer handling, and need no edfc..HA is a bargain...whether it is $400 more worth for the flex, to each his/her own

check with steve at carson, his price on the teins is good..
Old 07-09-02, 12:42 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

cool, thanks for the prices, it's about the same from the few sources i asked.

well besides that flex is newer so more expensive, i think it's softer and that has something to do with it too. for the record CS is more expensive than the HA too coz' it's soft and has that pillow mount at the top.

btw, i thought HA does NOT come with the upper mount?

i am more towards the flex + edfc. do you guys think it's worth it? my reason for that is coilover is good coz' i can adjust the settings, but with HA it would be very hard to adjust the rear without taking the car apart (correct?)... so te edfc would be useful. what do you guys think?
Old 07-09-02, 12:51 PM
futuregs
Lexus Champion

from what I understand the edfc is just a dampening device (electronic) it isn't used for adjusting height, although i hear it does allow an extra.75 inch of drop or something. Anyway, coilovers are adjusted from inside the engine compartment with a wrench.
Old 07-09-02, 03:00 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by futuregs
from what I understand the edfc is just a dampening device (electronic) it isn't used for adjusting height, although i hear it does allow an extra.75 inch of drop or something. Anyway, coilovers are adjusted from inside the engine compartment with a wrench.
true that you can adjust the front setup in the engine compartment, but in order to adjust the rears i thought you have to go though the rear suspension?
Old 07-13-02, 12:12 PM
Synergy
Northern California Regional Officer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I believe you can pull the rear wheels and adjust accordingly.I have heard that HA's are a bit stiffer, but $400 bucks is a heafty upgrade price to FLEX in my book...

---
Old 07-13-02, 01:29 PM
RacingAristo

TEIN HA does not come with upper mount. You can use your stock ones.

adjust what? height, stiffness?
Old 07-13-02, 01:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Originally posted by RacingAristo
TEIN HA does not come with upper mount. You can use your stock ones.

adjust what? height, stiffness?
both the height and the stiffness. say i have the HA, how to adjust the height and the stiffness on the front and rear? that's critical coz' i have never owned coilover before so i will need to test out all settings to find the best combo, so i wanna justify if i really need to spend the money on the edfc
Old 07-13-02, 04:34 PM
RacingAristo

For stiffness, there is a *** on each strut. For stiffer ride, turn it clockwise. For softer ride, turn it counter-clockwise.

For height, use 2 wrenches come with the coilover and tweak the coilover. I'd suggest you put some oil on the coil because they are extremely tight.
Old 07-13-02, 10:35 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

For stiffness, there is a *** on each strut. For stiffer ride, turn it clockwise. For softer ride, turn it counter-clockwise.

For height, use 2 wrenches come with the coilover and tweak the coilover. I'd suggest you put some oil on the coil because they are extremely tight.
thanks for the info so that means for bot the front and rear, i just need to jack up the car and take off the wheels? if that's the case it's not too bad. as long as i don't have to take the car apart it's cool. am i right? thanks for the info

Last edited by rominl; 07-13-02 at 10:35 PM.
Old 07-13-02, 11:45 PM
RacingAristo

You may have to remove the rims/tyres before you can access the coil which you want to adjust the height.
Old 07-14-02, 12:18 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

You may have to remove the rims/tyres before you can access the coil which you want to adjust the height.
cool, as long as i don't have take off the back seat or take the car apart it should be fine

Quick Reply: idea on prices for tein HA and Flex