Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Tein edfc problems???

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-10, 11:27 PM
DeezyLF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Tein edfc problems???

Hey wassup, i just bought my 98 Lexus gs400, and it came with the Tein cs Coil overs and EDFC controller... when i bought the car the guy said the telescopic steering wheel was acting up and wouldnt move, and that i just need to grease it up or something. but within the the first 3 days i was driving i was messing with the button to move the steering wheel it worked and i was happy. but later on that day i parked it for a few hours and tried 2 start it and it wouldnt start. had a Clicking sound, and i thought it was a battery problem. but it wasnt cuz i jumped it. i read online people were maybe saying it was a started problem, and maybe a KEY problem cause they have chips in them??? so took apart my key cleaned it tried after 3 hours of trying to start it, and it still didnt work.i thought 2 myself what did i do 2 the car 2day. and thought of the steering wheel moving. so i moved it up and down with the **** and same time tried starting the car and it STARTED!
can someone please help me and tell me what you think it could be???
im kind of thinking it may be wiring from the TEIN EDFC? Telescopic wheel doesnt work sometime, and it did this to me twice but the 2nd time it took 2 tries to start... i dont wanna be stranded need time if this happens again worst. Thanks!!!
Old 12-16-10, 01:20 PM
DeezyLF
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

starter issue... dead thread