Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Coils vs Air

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-10, 02:36 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ive been searchin, cant find specs, to see if itll clear the shock body, i cant find price, and i cant find where to buy. ive been looking for the last 45 mins, like dedicated looking.

$3700 dollar msrp
air kit it is

Last edited by Mv350; 07-06-10 at 02:39 AM.
Old 07-06-10, 02:41 AM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

It's designed to work with KW v3 suspension, but you can buy the HLS system separate. Custom spec'd set of KW v3 coilvers with the HLS runs around $6000. Just the HLS system alone is around $3k. The price is high, but the performance is incredible. The main thing I like is high speed stability...it soaks up every bump so effortlessly at speeds of 150mph+ . Many of the European exotic cars run KW coilovers from the factory. Both the compression and rebound are independently adjustable. Many of the race cars run these suspensions and are winning races. It's great performance for the money considering Ohlins and Moton charge around $10k+ just for coilovers.
Old 07-06-10, 02:41 AM
pilotgsb
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

damn this thread is getting more love then i thought haha
Old 07-06-10, 02:50 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by JeffTsai
It's designed to work with KW v3 suspension, but you can buy the HLS system separate. Custom spec'd set of KW v3 coilvers with the HLS runs around $6000. Just the HLS system alone is around $3k. The price is high, but the performance is incredible. The main thing I like is high speed stability...it soaks up every bump so effortlessly at speeds of 150mph+ . Many of the European exotic cars run KW coilovers from the factory. Both the compression and rebound are independently adjustable. Many of the race cars run these suspensions and are winning races. It's great performance for the money considering Ohlins and Moton charge around $10k+ just for coilovers.
i think KW's are simply amazing coils, i got to ride in a porsche GT3 that had them, it handle like a champ, and absorbed the shotty freeway like no other. but to spend 3k to lift the front end 45mm is not worth it to me personally, ill just keep saving for a cup kit, or bags. i could justify 1200-1500 for them. but dayyuuummm
Old 07-06-10, 04:14 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Mv350
i think KW's are simply amazing coils, i got to ride in a porsche GT3 that had them, it handle like a champ, and absorbed the shotty freeway like no other. but to spend 3k to lift the front end 45mm is not worth it to me personally, ill just keep saving for a cup kit, or bags. i could justify 1200-1500 for them. but dayyuuummm
does anyone have a list of what coilovers UAS can mate with? im looking into Ksport or stance.

I want my hybrid setup lol i had cups and coilovers it was nice but since i got into an accident i figure i go with some new stuff. ALso, my stuff is forsale anyone who wants it look on VSC And i am willing to part.
Old 07-06-10, 04:26 AM
Mv350
Lexus Test Driver

stock and tein mount together, i think other than that there is slight midification the needs to be done. im gunna slowly put together my megan/uas setup.
Old 07-06-10, 06:18 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

i might need to call up Zack to ask about megans. some guy who used it with his IS250 and they said it took ALOT of work to make the rears work
Old 07-06-10, 08:58 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by handoverfi
does anyone have a list of what coilovers UAS can mate with? im looking into Ksport or stance.

I want my hybrid setup lol i had cups and coilovers it was nice but since i got into an accident i figure i go with some new stuff. ALso, my stuff is forsale anyone who wants it look on VSC And i am willing to part.
If you are going Ksport see if you can just purchase the bag/strut by itself rather than the whole kit.

I helped install Ksport bags on my friends car and we managed to kill it in about 8 hours... Also the newer design is all sleeve so that the fronts do not rub at all. My setup is the double bellow or watever from the previous design so mine has a sport feel to it vs his being more luxury. Not sure if u can pick between the 2 but yea just a heads up.
Old 07-06-10, 09:09 AM
handoverfi
Pole Position

But I already bought a uas kit
Old 07-06-10, 09:52 AM
charmersfh
Driver School Candidate

I Perfer coils, but if money wasn't an issue bags all the way!!
Old 07-06-10, 10:03 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

But I already bought a uas kit
damm lol disregard then
Old 07-06-10, 11:36 AM
Sonic_RC
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

As Bonafyd mentioned most true VIP style cars in Japan are rolling on coilovers, even the ones slammed on the ground. Bags are mostly popular in the US. Personally I like coilovers because you can drive slammed everywhere. Where as bags most people looks like 4x4 when up and only slammed when parked. For comfort I will give the edge to coilovers as well. When bags are fully inflated they are hard as hell. I would personally like to run on a cup suspension. You get the performance and handling of coilovers and can raise it enough to get in driveways and speed bumps.

Last edited by Sonic_RC; 07-06-10 at 11:41 AM.
Old 07-06-10, 03:11 PM
pilotgsb
Driver

i am in the same situation but i already have stance anybody have the list for air options that will work on stance????
Old 07-06-10, 03:12 PM
pilotgsb
Driver

n o yea any shops in norcal that will do the hybrid setup
Old 07-06-10, 03:15 PM
pilotgsb
Driver

Originally Posted by YaKuZa_GS
As Bonafyd mentioned most true VIP style cars in Japan are rolling on coilovers, even the ones slammed on the ground. Bags are mostly popular in the US. Personally I like coilovers because you can drive slammed everywhere. Where as bags most people looks like 4x4 when up and only slammed when parked. For comfort I will give the edge to coilovers as well. When bags are fully inflated they are hard as hell. I would personally like to run on a cup suspension. You get the performance and handling of coilovers and can raise it enough to get in driveways and speed bumps.

damn nice way to put it i might consider it any ideas on what type cup suspension?

Quick Reply: Coils vs Air