Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Best place to purchase a set of bilstien struts? + Squeal in front

Old 06-14-10, 07:23 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Received 17 Likes on 12 Posts
Smile Best place to purchase a set of bilstien struts? + Squeal in front

Hey guys, Im having an issue with my '02 430 with about 105K. Car makes a sharp squeal when steering with the brakes applied. The car is lowered on eibach springs, and i've replaced the lower ball joint and outer tie rod about 10K ago. I can feel the squeal's vibration through the body of the car. (and steering wheel)

Also, need some new shocks and wondering what might be the best place to purchase a set of bilstiens for my 02.

Thanks in advance

Last edited by GRAND_LS 4; 06-14-10 at 07:27 PM.
Old 06-15-10, 02:01 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

I think you should buy it from autozone, if autozone is in your area. I had mine exchanged, no questions asked. They don't carry it at the stores but you can special order it... or may even get a sweet deal on it with 10% off or 20% off friends and family member of someone that works there.

The reason you want to buy it from a local store is because it's easier to exchange. If you don't have autozone, try pricematch. Love the lifetime warrenty on them.

The parts only shows up as gs300 if you look at the inventory system.
Old 06-17-10, 11:59 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by sam430
I think you should buy it from autozone, if autozone is in your area. I had mine exchanged, no questions asked. They don't carry it at the stores but you can special order it... or may even get a sweet deal on it with 10% off or 20% off friends and family member of someone that works there.

The reason you want to buy it from a local store is because it's easier to exchange. If you don't have autozone, try pricematch. Love the lifetime warrenty on them.

The parts only shows up as gs300 if you look at the inventory system.
Thanks for your help. Im looking to export the car anyways, and looking to purchase all the parts i need before i ship it off.

Bought a set of KYB's since i couldn't locate what i originally wanted, they should fit the bill.
Old 06-19-10, 04:57 AM
BossGS4
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default You putting them on yourself ?

My "difficult" year is over and I'm getting around to doing all those things I have been putting off on the GS.

If you're putting the shocks on yourself LMK I'd like to come by and help. FYI there's a shop in Sterling where you can rent gargae bay complete with lift, 200pc toolset and use of any special tools in the shop for $15/hr (I remember how you struggled with shocks on the floor orf Mark's garage last time)
Old 06-20-10, 05:31 PM
GRAND_LS 4
3UZ-FEEEE

Originally Posted by BossGS4
My "difficult" year is over and I'm getting around to doing all those things I have been putting off on the GS.

If you're putting the shocks on yourself LMK I'd like to come by and help. FYI there's a shop in Sterling where you can rent gargae bay complete with lift, 200pc toolset and use of any special tools in the shop for $15/hr (I remember how you struggled with shocks on the floor orf Mark's garage last time)
Hey Dave! thanks a lot for the offer. Im actually exporting the car tomorrow, and just bought the 90K kit and shocks to replace those new OEM ones i installed with my eibachs (not the best combo for DC's rough roads) to drop in the container as i will be installing them there. (labor is dirt cheap where im going)

I did read about this place, it was like a dream come true from the description i read about the place. Sadly the timing was not to my favor.

Again, thanks a lot for the help on my previous install and the current offer!!