Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Where do you guys get alignments?

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-10, 05:08 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Where do you guys get alignments?

so today i drove over 1 hour away to get a alignment and on my way there i had a rear blow out.. Yea sucks. Luckily I was going really slow when it happened so thankfully no rim damage. I purchased 1 brand new tire for the rear and threw it on. I go to a alignment shop in the Bronx and ask him if he could do my car. he goes yea no problems. He goes,"yea i have done lambos corvettes everything." Ok cool. so he scraps my front lip going up the curb. Then they put blocks down so they can drive it up the ramp. after about 10 mins and barely getting up the ramp they call it off. then coming back down the curb they almost ripped my bumper off. they had to use 2x4s to back down the curb, which was barely a curb. dude goes damn your front bumper sits lowers then a Lambo, which its hard to believe but whatever. so then i drive to queens to a shop thats has a in ground alignment machine. i get there and the guy looks at my front tires and says that he cant align it unless i buy 2 brand new tires for the front.. (which i bought not even 3 weeks ago) he goes wow you haven't had a alignment in a long time. I go no so just do it.. He refused and i had to drive back home.. so now im stuck. i need to get a alignment asap because im tired of buying tires every 3 weeks.
either i get a alignment or i raise my car up.. (which i already raised the back like 1/2 inch) none wants to align my car how it is, or even touch my wheels.
Old 06-12-10, 08:00 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

I think you should find a CL member from NY to help you out on this one..
Old 06-12-10, 09:11 PM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

yea, what u should do is raise your car up really high than do the alignment. Some place won't do it if you car is lowered.
Old 06-12-10, 09:18 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

well if i raise it up high. when i lower it everything will change right?
Old 06-12-10, 09:26 PM
SnoopyBQ
Pit Crew

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Where do you live? Brooklyn?
Old 06-12-10, 09:27 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

na i live in upper westchester
Old 06-12-10, 09:29 PM
duby1
Lexus Test Driver

i don't think so... i'm not sure actually cause i have air and it goes up and down all the time. i just recently did my alignment too. so, yea.
Old 06-12-10, 10:51 PM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by duby1
i don't think so... i'm not sure actually cause i have air and it goes up and down all the time. i just recently did my alignment too. so, yea.
Yes, the alignment changes every time the ride height changes. That is why the alignment was way off to begin with after he lowered the car. This particular shop is just covering their own butt because his tires are already worn out and damaged due to the alignment and they don't want any complaints or to be held liable in any way if the tires do blow out. They are just being overly cautious.
Old 06-13-10, 08:45 AM
Rich23
Lead Lap

Hit up spyder78, his name is Vlad, and he lives in BK... He did his car a while back, Im sure he will be able to help... Now you see why I aint doing the coil-overs in NY??? LOL
Old 06-13-10, 09:41 AM
sinistervr
Lead Lap

i do my own alignments, but i can tell you this.. if you raise the car up it changes everything. you can take your front wheels and have the tires flipped so the new part is on te inside, but in 3 weeks if you are already wearing front tires, im gunna say your toe is off. most people think negative camber is what eats tires, but its toe.. toe will wear a tire out faster then anything.. and if you are that low, who ever does align your car they are going to max out camber and you still will be very negative, to compinsate they should toe in some..
Old 06-13-10, 10:56 AM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

yea i mainly want to get a alignment because my toe is off all around. my driver side is worse. im eating tires like crazy. and driving low in the city sucks ***!!!!
Old 06-13-10, 02:18 PM
Wick3dOn3
Driver School Candidate

theres a shop in queens that does it, There ramp is made for specifically low/slammed cars, its 106st street tire/ wheel here is the address and number 118-02 Merrick Boulevard, Jamaica, Queens,, NY‎ - (718) 276-4070‎
Old 06-13-10, 02:45 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

is that the one off of northern blvd? if so that where i went and they wouldnt do it
Old 06-13-10, 05:17 PM
Emontes7
Driver

damn bro that sucks.. I know of a place where I used to work i always saw slammed rides.they sell tires and do alignments.. Its called Miller Tires they are on 1530 Stillwell avenue in the bronx( I have never been their) But i have been to a spot in new rochelle where they do laser wheel alignment address is 62 potter avenue new rochelle ny 11801 (914)355-4116... they even have that Hunter Tire blance machine which fixes wheel shakes. Hope this helps
Old 06-13-10, 05:24 PM
OMGTSX
Driver School Candidate

go to camber toe.
it's in lynnbrook.
i know i'm a nooby on this site, but theres a good amount of the ny/nj/ct vip scene/import scene that can vouch for the places i vouch for.

call for siva and tell him Jon with the slammed TSX told you about it.
516-872-6400

it's a bit pricier than your normal mavis or firestone alignment, but if you ask them why, they'll tell you.

Quick Reply: Where do you guys get alignments?