Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-02, 01:16 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today

Here are some pics after the install. Special thanks to Steve Ganz for his time getting the coilovers for me. They're awesome...
Attached Thumbnails Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today-ken-s-car-019.jpg  

Last edited by LXOGOOD; 06-21-02 at 01:21 PM.
Old 06-21-02, 01:17 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

The rear....
Attached Thumbnails Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today-ken-s-car-020.jpg  
Old 06-21-02, 01:18 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Angle shot of the rear...
Attached Thumbnails Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today-ken-s-car-024.jpg  
Old 06-21-02, 01:20 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Last one.. Profile shot.
Attached Thumbnails Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today-ken-s-car-030.jpg  
Old 06-21-02, 01:41 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

nice man.. vrey nice lowering.

When the springs settle u may have to slightly raise the car though, because it will be about 1/4 inch lower!

very nice, how soft is it? do you ever bottom out?

my GS which is even higher than yours on the HA system even bottoms out at times, what do you do?
Old 06-21-02, 02:23 PM
GSTRANCE
GS -Trance

car looks sweet man, about how far down is it inch wise?
Old 06-21-02, 02:52 PM
bravo261
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

love the teins and lowenharts. is the ride pretty stiff? heard a few complaints about them being more stiff than expected
Old 06-21-02, 03:00 PM
GunnerMac
Lead Lap

Thumbs up

Ken - That looks perfect...looks like you have achieved the look and ride you wanted. After you get the other mods we talked about, your ride is going to be totally off the hook
Old 06-21-02, 04:03 PM
TIKTIK11
Driver

Default CS or Flex

Looks sweet man. Wondering how the ride is and handling before and after. Also why did u choose CS over Flex. I am debating as well.
Old 06-21-02, 04:41 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Thanks Guys...

LexusRules: Yeah, I totally forgot about the spring factor when it settles. It should drop it another .5. In 2 weeks I'm taking the car in for a Hunter allignment and I will have the techs raise it back up. The car rides soft and I'm at 14 clicks (front) 16 clicks (rear). The only time I've bottomed out so far was when I drove over a speed bump straight on at 7mph. Won't do that again...

GSTRANCE: Right now I can only get my PINKY in the wheel wells. I'd say it about a 2.75" drop. I'm on 19's. I still have 3 threads up front to lower it and about 6 in the rear. I had to make an adjustment because of my stereo system in the back.

BRAVO261: I think you're mistaking the CS for the HA's. The CS are very soft and ride better than stock. Even at it's stiffest setting, it's comparable to the L-tuned. The HA's at it's softest settings are stiffer than L-tuned.

GUNNERMAC: Thanks man. C-YA at the BBQ. We will being doing some road testing. By the way, Steve @ Carson says hello and that your bodykit should be in soon. If they do a good job on your kit, I'll place an order w/ Steve. I told Steve what I want. Sssshhhh. It may take 8-10 weeks to get... hehe Suprise, Suprise..

TIKTIK11: Thanks. Well, I had the L-sportline before and that suspension was awesome when you took the corners and the overall feel was very tight. Now, my car feels a little loose but the ride is better than stock. Nice and soft with no float. This was a very hard choice for me. I was so close to getting the Flex but was a little worried about the stiffness. I didn't want to pay all that money and then keep it at it's softest setting. With the CS, if I wan't a little more stiffness, I can crank it up. Either way, both coilovers are sweet. If you have a gs400/430 I'd get the flex just so the suspension can handle all the torque.
Old 06-21-02, 06:20 PM
GS400_PUSHER
Lexus Champion

Sweet ride man!!! Time to TURBO it now
Old 06-21-02, 06:33 PM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

why is your rear stiffer than your front? do you ever corner hard and experiance oversteer?
Old 06-21-02, 06:45 PM
LXOGOOD
Lexus Champion

Originally posted by LexusRules
why is your rear stiffer than your front? do you ever corner hard and experiance oversteer?
Well 2 clicks isn't really going to make that much of a difference but I did this because of my stereo equip. in the back. With 2 rear passengers + 150 lbs. of stereo, that's a lot of weight in the rear at one time. But everyone I've talked to have always put the rear a little stiffer. Maybe Manaray knows....
Old 06-21-02, 11:25 PM
Rockero28
Lexus Champion

Thumbs up Tein

Daaaamn... Your car looks sweeet. I have already decided I am going with the flex kit as well. It offers the softest ride right??? The only thing is that I am driving on stock is300 17's..... What kind of drop, ride, and and look will I get???? I want about a 1 finger gap in the front and 2 in the rear.... I also will have the H&R 25mm spacers in the rear, and have NO added weight in the trunk. I don't even have the spare.

1. Will I be able to do this(1 and 2 finger gaps)?
2. Will it look nice
3. Will the wheels look too small????

I appreciate your input...
Rock
Old 06-22-02, 02:17 AM
Manaray
Lexus Fanatic

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

LXO - Looks good! Hehehe...looks like EVERYONE is getting the FLEX system now! See what I mean by "doing it right"?

I'm running 3 clicks up front and 6 out back from the softest (all the way counter clockwise)...as for why that is, I dunno...I'm just experimenting right now...the manual suggests 8 and 8 and I found that a bit too stiff up front...

Sasha - I haven't really payed attention to over/understeer compared to stock on my GS (since my car hasn't been stock in such a long *** time) but I do notice that with my GS, I can DEFINITELY outhandle my stock SC400 EASILY. When I go into corners, I have WAY more feedback and control and I can attack the corners MUCH faster...with my SC400, when I go into a corner too hot, I get some pretty good understeer as I "push" into the outside lane...but then again, I'm not doing scientific type note taking so it could be the angle I'm hitting the corners too...plus the tires and such...so many variables...

Last edited by Manaray; 06-22-02 at 02:25 AM.

Quick Reply: Shop Installed TEIN CS coilovers today