Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Suspension for '95 Gs300?

Search this Thread

Old 06-15-02, 10:24 AM
thecolonel
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Suspension for '95 Gs300?

Could the Ltuned suspension for a later GS300 be used on a '95 GS300? I know the chassis are different, but I am unfamiliar with the suspension set up. I have had some difficulty finding replacement shock/strut/springs for my car......any and all info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Jeffrey W. Bynum
Old 06-21-02, 08:57 AM
link13
Lead Lap

Received 45 Likes on 39 Posts
Default JZS147 suspension

Hi Colonel-

I have also had some trouble finding suspension stuff for my '94 GS 300. I originally had Eibach springs in the car, but the gap is still pretty big with those. I recently switched to Intrax, which dropped the car another 1/2" (advertised, reality is another story - if the gas tank is <1/2 full, it doesn't look any different). The Intrax springs don't ride nearly as well as the Eibachs. These are the only two sents of springs we can use on our cars. The L-Tuned stuff won't work.

Manaray is a big advocate of coilovers. I have considered the HKS LS coilovers, but I don't really want to spend $1300 on suspension when I don't drive the car hard and don't corner very hard, etc. That's a lot of money to spend just for show. Then again, I spent a lot more than that on wheels / tires and they are just for show.
Old 06-21-02, 10:29 AM
minh
Pole Position

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...threadid=45176

I went through your dilemma a few months ago. I ended up keeping my lowering springs (Espilir 1 3/4 inch drop) and getting the TRD 4-way adjustable shocks. It won't be a perfect fit, but better than stock. Getting them is a different story. I'm still waiting for the shipment from Japan. It's been about 5 weeks. Since you want to go with L-Tuned, you might just consider getting the TRD lowering springs with the TRD adjustable shocks. I think it runs about $700 for everything. The springs give you a 1.2 inch drop.
Old 06-22-02, 12:49 AM
kts_GS3
Lead Lap

Hey Colonel,

I don't have an answer for your question about the L-tuned suspension. But I have the Eibach springs/KYB struts setup on my 95 GS300. I can tell you that you will definitely feel the bumps (on the road) more with the KYB's. The handling will definitely improve compare to the stock setup. The only negative comment I have is that the gap at the wheel well is still too big, as many others has mentioned before.

Currently, I'm still trying to find more info about STB's and sway bars for our 1st gen GS's. <--without much luck.