Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

SPC UCA + RCA + BCR Coilover = Problem??

Old 04-28-10, 10:16 PM
motolex722
Driver

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
Default SPC UCA + RCA + BCR Coilover = Problem??

Lets start from the beginning.

Suspension set-up as of 4/27
Tanabe Df Springs
Kyb GR-2 Struts
SPC Upper Control Arms

I've been running this set-up above for about a year now, with the SPC UCA's being added about 5months ago. A little while ago tarnutt77 posted 2 threads about his troubles with his SPC UCA and RCA's.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...igher-wtf.html

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...a-problem.html

I honestly thought he did something wrong in his installation of his SPC UCA's which resulted in his change in ride height being 1" higher after he installed the them because i noticed no change in ride height after i installed my SPC UCA's with my tanabe df springs. From here, let's fast forward to today.

Suspension Set-up 4/29
SPC UCA
Exact RCA
BC Racing Coilovers

So i installed my BCR Coilovers and added the exact RCA's i've had laying around for sometime today. The first time i installed the coilovers i did so including the RCA's but when i put the car on the ground i noticed there was very little room between the UCA and the top of the fender and remembered tarnutt77's post about his problem with this current set-up. So i put the car back on the lift and removed the RCA's, put the car back on the ground and BAM 1" higher. I am completely and utterly baffled. I have no idea why there is a change in ride height with the BCR coils while with my df spings, there was no change.

So i post a new question...is anyone running coilovers other than BCR's with SPC UCA's and RCA's with the same problem?

I put the rca's back on because there wasn't enough adjustment in the coils left to compensate for this insane raise in height. i will update tomorrow after i log some miles to let you all know if i've noticed anymore problems but i just wanted to get this post out tonight in case anyone has some useful insight. and yes i'll try and post pics as soon as i find time to wash my car lol.