Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Installing Supra TT Calipers.

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-10, 09:26 PM
richie3888
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

And can someone post a picture of the Gs rotor and caliper vs. The tt's rotor and caliper side by side.

I just want to see how different they are from one another
Thanks
Old 11-08-13, 05:24 PM
xStayTuned
Driver

Received 14 Likes on 5 Posts

sorry to bump an old thread but form what ive seen this seems to only talk about the front is the rear the same as in plug and play or are they just not worth changing?
Old 11-08-13, 10:31 PM
Dscustoms
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Rears don't work, totally different mounting.
Old 11-12-13, 12:56 PM
mikevanle
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by xStayTuned
sorry to bump an old thread but form what ive seen this seems to only talk about the front is the rear the same as in plug and play or are they just not worth changing?
The GS rear calipers are already 2 pistons.
Old 11-12-13, 02:10 PM
JamesG
Driver

Originally Posted by 97JZA80
How much difference over OE are we talking about? I just put my wheels on and I feel like my stopping distance is now much greater.

So I am contemplating an early Big Brake Kit for my supra so I can get the regular brakes onto the GS to help.

MASSIVE difference..... night and day
Old 11-12-13, 02:16 PM
SC4Paulo
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Rock-a-Lex
Nice work! Question, I know that the Supra calipers are heavier than the LS400 but are they heavier than the stock GS brakes also? Also, someone correct me if I'm wrong but aren't the supra rotors a little larger than the LS400 rotors also?

This is what I gather from both setups:

Supra brakes

PROS

Plug 'n' play setup
Larger rotors
More variety of aftermarket rotors
More variety of aftermarket brake pads
4 pot calipers (moved from cons)

CONS

heavy calipers
more expensive setup
require 17" or larger wheel

LS400 brakes

PROS

4 pot calipers
lightweight aluminum calipers
less expensive setup
requires 16" or larger wheel

CONS

requires RCA or shaving/rolling of fenders and tie rod ends
smaller rotors
not many aftermarket brake pads available

Is this right? Kind of sucks because it looks like a draw...pros and cons of each. In any event EITHER ONE is MUCH better than stock!

just wanted to correct you, and make sure nobody gets any wrong info looking through this thread LS400's are 4pot or 4 piston as well
Old 11-13-13, 07:31 AM
94SupraTT
Driver School Candidate

LS400 front brakes also have more clearance because they aren't quite as wide. I know a few Supra guys that are running them that wanted more clearance without sacrificing too much braking.
Old 01-28-17, 02:28 PM
eicca
Intermediate

Received 48 Likes on 37 Posts

Reviving. Anyone got a part number for the Supra calipers?
Old 01-28-17, 08:53 PM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Part numbers C9372 and C9273 are the remanufactured ones I bought. They have a lightly textured silver hammertone refinish that took some time for me to sand down and paint properly for a powdercoat-like finish. I used G2 Epoxy paint in a prevail sprayer, with hand cut templates to spray the Lexus word and Logo white, rather than stickers.

They have more stopping power than you will ever need in daily driving, but they feel much better for the weight of the car. They are more confident and have a better pedal feel. To really appreciate them though, I have a few industrial roads here that I get up to 100mph+ and brake to 0. With sticky tires, engaging ABS will pull some serious G-forces and you will feel a rush. The difference is you can brake harder, and do repeated runs without brake fade. If I could do it over, I would maybe keep the stock OEM pads like I have now even though they are dusty, but instead of OEM rotors I would get slotted rotors all around and might do so later on.
Old 01-29-17, 09:53 AM
eicca
Intermediate

Originally Posted by GS400V8
Part numbers C9372 and C9273 are the remanufactured ones I bought. They have a lightly textured silver hammertone refinish that took some time for me to sand down and paint properly for a powdercoat-like finish. I used G2 Epoxy paint in a prevail sprayer, with hand cut templates to spray the Lexus word and Logo white, rather than stickers.

They have more stopping power than you will ever need in daily driving, but they feel much better for the weight of the car. They are more confident and have a better pedal feel. To really appreciate them though, I have a few industrial roads here that I get up to 100mph+ and brake to 0. With sticky tires, engaging ABS will pull some serious G-forces and you will feel a rush. The difference is you can brake harder, and do repeated runs without brake fade. If I could do it over, I would maybe keep the stock OEM pads like I have now even though they are dusty, but instead of OEM rotors I would get slotted rotors all around and might do so later on.
would you say there annoying for an everyday driver? There's powerful but driveable, and then there's launching yourself through the windshield every time you brush the pedal...
Old 01-29-17, 10:26 AM
GS400V8
Intermediate

Received 42 Likes on 32 Posts

Not annoying what so ever. This is still a heavy car. I actually would like a 2001+ master cylinder as I hear they have a more aggressive plunger bore to push more fluid. The pedal has a nice firm feel, more linear than before but not jerky or touchy.
Old 01-29-17, 10:33 AM
eicca
Intermediate

Not annoying what so ever. This is still a heavy car. I actually would like a 2001+ master cylinder as I hear they have a more aggressive plunger bore to push more fluid. The pedal has a nice firm feel, more linear than before but not jerky or touchy.
Sold. I'm assuming you need Supra rotors.
Old 02-27-17, 06:20 AM
BiGEZ
Instructor

Received 138 Likes on 114 Posts

I see you have Supra TT rear calipers installed on your car, was it a direct bolt up affair? I have seen some posts where it was mentioned they do not fit. Please share some info on this. I just about to pick up a set of rear Supra TT calipers.
Old 03-01-17, 08:25 PM
firelizard

Received 422 Likes on 337 Posts

47730-14260

47750-14270

The following users liked this post:
n1sm0 (12-17-18)
Old 12-16-18, 03:31 PM
n1sm0
Driver School Candidate

Reviving an old thread but I have a question
If the stock Supra TT brake calipers fit the 2GS, could that also mean that aftermarket Supra TT calipers also fit as well assuming it's the 4 piston and not a 6 piston? Because if so I would very much like to try to fit some Wilwoods on my 2GS

Quick Reply: Installing Supra TT Calipers.