Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY - Daizen Caster Arm Bushing Installation - lots of pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-14, 04:42 PM
RXGS
Lexus Test Driver

Received 210 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by SPRTNYDSN
What brand, OEM?
Ya it was a toyota lexus part. Check out toyo/lex parts they have an Ebay store
Old 05-30-14, 09:51 PM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

just installed the steering rack bushing and sway bar bushings and it made a considerable difference. I ordered the control arm kit and wanted to know if I should return them or install them. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-12-14, 03:09 PM
ncaatrack
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

why are these pics not showing up?
Old 07-04-14, 12:54 PM
Champstar
Pit Crew

Default Alignment

After replacing cater bushings, will you need an alignment?
I currently have daizens installed from a couple of years ago, and just recently read they are not as good as first thought. I'm planning on buying a set of new oem bushings and replacing them.
Old 07-07-14, 04:59 AM
hcharlesc3
Driver

Originally Posted by Champstar
After replacing cater bushings, will you need an alignment?
I currently have daizens installed from a couple of years ago, and just recently read they are not as good as first thought. I'm planning on buying a set of new oem bushings and replacing them.
Yes you will need an alignment. The oem are not that great either. I would go with figs poly 3 piece bushing.
Old 07-16-14, 10:17 PM
jegyed
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by silverbul
Hey guys. I think I mite have the answer to the clunk. I have a silver 98 GS400. I've replaced every front end component that you guys mention. Upper, both lower control arms, sway bar links, rack bushings, lower ball joints, experimented with daizen bushings & still had the clunk. My clunk went away 2yrs ago when I replaced my rack & pinion. Then after replacing the rack, found out inner tie rods will cause clunk. Still to this day & 238k miles later. Still running strong & no more CLUNK!
Did you get the clunk only when turning sharply at slow speed?

I know its been awhile but trying to figure mine out.
Old 07-28-14, 10:07 PM
inspirah
Driver School Candidate

damn I didn't even know that this was the name of the part I ordered from Sewell. I would have replaced the bushings myself. Nice write-up.
Old 05-06-15, 07:58 AM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

I put in 1 Daizen style bushing on my left side, haven't got to the other, but I have the clunk almost from day 1. I have another set of arms and the Roca bushings. I am thinking I will go with them instead. I drive too many miles to put up with a bushing that won't last.

I was thinking if I heated up the control arm before I pressed the bushing it that it might press a lot easier. Thoughts?
Old 05-06-15, 08:05 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

My guess is that heating the control arms probably won't expand enough to make a difference. Just spray in lubricant (I used PB Blaster), and the press should take care of the rest. I didn't have to fight it at all, and I've done plenty of bushing replacements.
Old 05-23-15, 01:45 PM
PandaGS300
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by RamAirRckt
I put in 1 Daizen style bushing on my left side, haven't got to the other, but I have the clunk almost from day 1. I have another set of arms and the Roca bushings. I am thinking I will go with them instead. I drive too many miles to put up with a bushing that won't last.

I was thinking if I heated up the control arm before I pressed the bushing it that it might press a lot easier. Thoughts?

Where did you get the Daizen bushings from?
Old 05-23-15, 02:00 PM
RamAirRckt
Instructor

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Amazon...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Originally Posted by PandaGS300
Where did you get the Daizen bushings from?
Old 05-25-15, 06:52 AM
marshun
Advanced

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

yoiu didnt have the problem with the daizens not holding the arm in the right position? i had daizens a long time ago. idunno if the designs changed
Old 06-13-15, 02:42 PM
czr73
Driver

Great write. After inspecting my rear lower control arm bushings, I found they were worn too so I walked into Lexus of Bridgewater today to purchase OEM caster arm bushings and they told me that they ONLY sell the whole rear arm, NOT the individual bushing by itself. The retail price is $184. each.

So I'm wondering how you got your hands on OEM bushings after you pressed out the Daizen bushings??

BTW - the reason the parts dept said they don't sell the bushing alone is because pressing out the bushing might crack or break the cast medal rear lower control arm.

I guess I'll purchase the Daizen bushings, it's all good even if it's lifespan is only 2 years.

Thanks,

Czr =)
Old 06-13-15, 05:22 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 141 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by czr73
Great write. After inspecting my rear lower control arm bushings, I found they were worn too so I walked into Lexus of Bridgewater today to purchase OEM caster arm bushings and they told me that they ONLY sell the whole rear arm, NOT the individual bushing by itself. The retail price is $184. each.

So I'm wondering how you got your hands on OEM bushings after you pressed out the Daizen bushings??

BTW - the reason the parts dept said they don't sell the bushing alone is because pressing out the bushing might crack or break the cast medal rear lower control arm.

I guess I'll purchase the Daizen bushings, it's all good even if it's lifespan is only 2 years.

Thanks,

Czr =)
just get our bushing for a lifetime of service and alignment support.

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=231
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 06-29-15, 08:11 AM
Alphaman19
Advanced

Received 37 Likes on 35 Posts

Installed my Figgs Castor Arm bushings yesterday.
Didn't want to invest in a press so I took the "jig saw" route.
It wasn't to difficult. Once you remove the rubber core of the old bushing out (Drill pilot entry hole with drill bit; then use a rough-cut jigsaw blade to cut the rubber out) just took a fine metal jig saw blade and cut two slits in the bushing outer metal ring. Then just push it out with a hammer and screw driver.

Rented a bushing press tool from Advanced Auto and pushed the new Figgs bushing in smooth as butt'a.

Time: about three hours mostly goofing around. Once you do one side, you'll complete the other in half the time 'cuz you won't have to think as much.
Attached Thumbnails DIY - Daizen Caster Arm Bushing Installation - lots of pics!-bushing3.jpg  

Quick Reply: DIY - Daizen Caster Arm Bushing Installation - lots of pics!