Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

DIY - Daizen Caster Arm Bushing Installation - lots of pics!

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-13, 07:18 AM
Jere33my
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I couldn't get it to line up using the wrench.
Old 05-26-13, 07:50 PM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Added list of full suspension part numbers, cost and where the part is made in many are in Japan which I was very happy to see, some in Taiwan, Korea and Thailand. THis is on post 191 on page 13. These are all from RockAUto and a couple parts like bushings Prothane and Sewell sourced elsewhere.
Old 07-11-13, 11:38 AM
Phillie
Driver School Candidate

Very interesting thread. Quite a few choices to choose from. From what I've read Roca would be the way to go to be closest to OEM. FIGS would be the way to go if they were in production for a upgrade to OEM and Sewell for one under OEM.

I've always used OEM bushings with my Honda. I've also used Energy Suspension but preferred OEM. When it came to ball joints MOOG was my goto brand.
Old 07-11-13, 11:55 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 62 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Phillie
Very interesting thread. Quite a few choices to choose from. From what I've read Roca would be the way to go to be closest to OEM. FIGS would be the way to go if they were in production for a upgrade to OEM and Sewell for one under OEM.

I've always used OEM bushings with my Honda. I've also used Energy Suspension but preferred OEM. When it came to ball joints MOOG was my goto brand.
Sewell is OEM
Old 07-13-13, 07:49 PM
Phillie
Driver School Candidate

Thank you. After reading it over again Sewell is OEM.

Didn't see a part # for Roca. Is this it? RC-666092
Old 07-25-13, 08:00 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

Just wanted to provide an update, had a couple people PM me.. all the suspension updates have been made to the GS and comparing rides to Sewell bought OEM Lexus parts to RockAuto bought Raybestos they are equivalent in driving...

I kind of feel like the Raybestos feels a bit tighter.. but it could just be in my head. I did get a couple additional things done to the new GS then I did the older GS..

Also all my work was performed at Stereo EFX in Houston TX north-side.. good fair place to get things done. I bought all parts and had them put them in. My car is from the North so it did take them a week to get it scheduled in and completed ..but all done now, In the South..no one wants to work on cars from the North lol, but things like rust from salt and snow up north make it painful to remove parts. They painted my TTE lip/L tune grill/Sport Design Spoiler that I picked up from members on our board.
Old 07-25-13, 08:43 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by iamkhanz
Just wanted to provide an update, had a couple people PM me.. all the suspension updates have been made to the GS and comparing rides to Sewell bought OEM Lexus parts to RockAuto bought Raybestos they are equivalent in driving...

I kind of feel like the Raybestos feels a bit tighter.. but it could just be in my head. I did get a couple additional things done to the new GS then I did the older GS..

Also all my work was performed at Stereo EFX in Houston TX north-side.. good fair place to get things done. I bought all parts and had them put them in. My car is from the North so it did take them a week to get it scheduled in and completed ..but all done now, In the South..no one wants to work on cars from the North lol, but things like rust from salt and snow up north make it painful to remove parts. They painted my TTE lip/L tune grill/Sport Design Spoiler that I picked up from members on our board.
thanks for the update.. pics of the GS..
Old 08-11-13, 09:27 PM
Phillie
Driver School Candidate

Today I finally got to installing my Roca caster bushings. I chose these because they are the closest to stock. At this point of time I also replaced my tie rods and lower ball joints.

After all the reading of how hard it would be to get the caster arm back in I decided to isolate anything that would give me any problems. It also helped that I did everything else at the same time. I found that if you have the lower ball joint, tie rod and strut disconnected its a breeze to thread the caster arm bolts. When I say breeze I mean I didn't have any problems whatsoever. So if you can do it this way you will not have any problems getting the arm back in.

I referred to this thread for the tie rod and lbj remover.
https://www.clublexus.com/forums/ls4...ll-joints.html

The only thing that gave me a problem was removing the old bushing. If there is ever a next time I'll be sure to cut out the rubber first before pressing out the bushing.
Old 09-07-13, 09:06 AM
iamkhanz
Lead Lap

just checked the thread again thanks for the update how are the Rocas working? were the parts stand with country of origin? Just curious on where they are made.
Old 09-07-13, 11:53 AM
lyonkster
Advanced

Received 20 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by iamkhanz
just checked the thread again thanks for the update how are the Rocas working? were the parts stand with country of origin? Just curious on where they are made.
A year and a half on Rocas, still like a new car
Old 09-30-13, 08:18 PM
Lexicious
Driver

Shiii$* OK I bought a complete front end bushing kit from TM(daizen) the issue with the inner metal sleeve anyone put in their own to correct gap? Or modify dremel the upper or lower part of bushing to receive a solid mount? On the caster arm. Plus aren't the poly bushings better for handling and performance?
Old 10-07-13, 12:03 PM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Hi guys, finally have our design in as of today for 2001-2005 #2.
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=221 edited link

We also have an adjustable offset version which when combined with our #1 bushing will provide camber adjustment.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions

Last edited by FIGS; 10-08-13 at 08:30 AM.
Old 10-08-13, 07:25 AM
sakataj
Lexus Fanatic

Received 72 Likes on 71 Posts

Originally Posted by FIGS
http://shopfigs.com/v1/LEXUS%20bushi...product_id=196

We also have an adjustable offset version which when combined with our #1 bushing will provide camber adjustment.
mike i think you meant to post this link?

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=221
Old 10-08-13, 08:31 AM
FIGS
The Maker

Received 140 Likes on 72 Posts

Originally Posted by sakataj
mike i think you meant to post this link?

http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=221
Thanks Brian, yesterday was a bit crazy.
Links - Arms - SuperPro Poly Bushings - Solid Bearing Conversions - Motor Mounts
RB BBK's and 2P Rotors, G-Loc pads, Radium Fuel Systems
Custom Fabrication Design and Machining - Industrial 3D Printing - Laser Cutting
2018 USTCC Sportsman Class Champions - 2018 NASA ST5 National Champions
Old 10-09-13, 04:08 AM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Originally Posted by FIGS
http://shopfigs.com/v1/index.php?rou...product_id=221 edited link

Mike, from the pics you posted looks like the inner sleeve doesn't fit the bushing? Looks to small unless its just picture.. Is that actual item in the pic?

Quick Reply: DIY - Daizen Caster Arm Bushing Installation - lots of pics!