Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Firestone Lifetime Alignment Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-02-10, 07:00 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Firestone Lifetime Alignment Owners

I got two questions....

1) How often do you take your car for an alignment? I know it depends on where you live and obviously road conditions.

2) Can I take my car to another Firestone shop for an alignment?

It's been a brutal winter here in the Northeast and the potholes are now showing there form. I've already had an alignment done about a month and a half ago.
Old 03-02-10, 08:40 AM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

In California you can take it to any Firestone. But I think there are some regulations. So you should call up and ask for your own knowledge.

I would only do an alignment if I change new tires, hit a curb or pothole, or change suspension parts. That's just me.

GL
Old 03-02-10, 08:46 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
I got two questions....

1) How often do you take your car for an alignment? I know it depends on where you live and obviously road conditions.

2) Can I take my car to another Firestone shop for an alignment?

It's been a brutal winter here in the Northeast and the potholes are now showing there form. I've already had an alignment done about a month and a half ago.
1). i took my car in about 4 times since ive owned the car.. they cant seem to get my alignment in spec.. my steering wheel would STILL be crooked and they didnt even align camber at ALL. Toe angle is always on "green" but never near dead 0.

2). Yes.

FYI if your going to do this find a GOOD firestone place you can trust. especially be friends with the person working on your car so that they actually care about your car.
Old 03-02-10, 11:07 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

I personally have the lifetime alignment on all the cars I own along with family members. For the cars that I drive daily, I take it in twice a year to check on alignment. But for my GS and supra, I'm in there almost on a weekly basis during the racing season since I change my setup depending on track and setups. From what I was told, the firestone lifetime alignment is honored at any firestone location in the united states. It is very important to find a tech that is competent and is willing to setup the alignment to your liking. Luckly for me, I know the manager over at my local store and he allows me to do my own alignment.
Old 03-03-10, 05:26 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

I'm going to try another Firestone despite it being a little bit more out the way. This would give me the chance to compare the two shops and see how they measure up.

ALEXUS300- Man you are getting your money's worth.
Old 03-03-10, 10:44 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by MrG4Life
I'm going to try another Firestone despite it being a little bit more out the way. This would give me the chance to compare the two shops and see how they measure up.

ALEXUS300- Man you are getting your money's worth.
Just make sure that you have the original invoice the shows you had purchased the lifetime alignment because some stores will try to say that it's not in their systems and make you purchase a new alignment. And yes, I do get my money's worth.. Hey, they shouldn't advertise it if they're not going to back it up. Make sure the shops that you take it to have the laser hunter alignment machine. I don't remember the model number, but the newest hunter alignment machine is the built in the ground one where it is very useful for lowered cars since it's flat to the ground until you raise it.
Old 03-03-10, 11:44 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

VERY good point about the invoice. The shop that I originally went to is a fairly new Firestone (almost 2 years now) and they have the newest Hunter machine. But the other Firestone shop I believe has been around for several years now but don't know about the Hunter machine there. I'll see how it goes.
Old 03-03-10, 11:48 AM
eyecon7
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

My car is slammed! and they still do it.. you can take it whenever and where ever!
Old 03-09-10, 04:30 PM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

Mine doesn't even make it on the rack aired all the way up. It scrapes.

I bring my own wood ramps. Most places around here don't mind but I try to make friends with the workers so they will do a good job on my car. Once I find a reliable tech, I just keep going back to the same location.
Old 03-09-10, 06:01 PM
SYNSEI
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm about to buy this for both cars. Pays for itself in 2 visits.
Old 03-09-10, 07:02 PM
MJImport
Lead Lap

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Only if you know the shop/management guys, I took it to one and they totally F'd up my rear toe arms, had to take it to a custom shop and spend 800 bucks. I got my refund back, they were never able to align my car, amateurs.
(Lafayette, IN Firestone)
Old 03-09-10, 07:10 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chrispy
Mine doesn't even make it on the rack aired all the way up. It scrapes.

I bring my own wood ramps. Most places around here don't mind but I try to make friends with the workers so they will do a good job on my car. Once I find a reliable tech, I just keep going back to the same location.
Find yourself the new hunter machine where it is built into the ground as in like a trench with a flat floor. So all you literally have to do is drive your car onto the alignment plates and then the techs will raised your car up from underneath the ground.
Old 03-09-10, 10:21 PM
5t341th
Lexus Champion

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by vwynn
1). i took my car in about 4 times since ive owned the car.. they cant seem to get my alignment in spec.. my steering wheel would STILL be crooked and they didnt even align camber at ALL. Toe angle is always on "green" but never near dead 0.
toe can be perfect and steering wheel can still be crooked.
Old 03-09-10, 11:15 PM
knguyen
Lead Lap

For the Cali guys in the LA or OC area. Can you point me to a good Firestone I can take my car to? Greatly appreciated.
Old 03-10-10, 01:25 AM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^same here, i need a better firestone location. The one i go to isnt all that great

Quick Reply: Firestone Lifetime Alignment Owners