Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Firestone Lifetime Alignment Owners

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-10, 05:39 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Alexus_300
Find yourself the new hunter machine where it is built into the ground as in like a trench with a flat floor. So all you literally have to do is drive your car onto the alignment plates and then the techs will raised your car up from underneath the ground.
This should help guys like Chrispy who are really low and hopefully there's a Firestone in his area that has the newer Hunter machine. I'm going to browse around and see which model it is and call ahead to the shop to see if they have it.
Old 03-11-10, 08:41 AM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

I can never find an alignment guy that does the job the way it's suppose to be done. Not to mention, the ones that do know what they're doing usually charge more than a root canal. I've resorted to doing my own alignment with the old school string method. Takes me a long time but at least I'm not turning the wrench until I see green on the screen.
Old 03-11-10, 11:24 AM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by GSteg
I can never find an alignment guy that does the job the way it's suppose to be done. Not to mention, the ones that do know what they're doing usually charge more than a root canal. I've resorted to doing my own alignment with the old school string method. Takes me a long time but at least I'm not turning the wrench until I see green on the screen.
This is true. That's why I've only found two firestone in the state of NC that I would let touch my car. Luckly that I've found one place which is 15 mins. from my house that has a tech there that is just **** as I am when it comes to a perfect alignment. And I always have him set it to my spec instead of what the computer recommended specs.
Old 03-29-10, 09:01 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

There is one on Westminster and Brookhurst where I used to work. Try them.
Old 03-30-10, 12:05 AM
knguyen
Lead Lap

^^^^^Coo, thanks
Old 03-30-10, 09:37 AM
vwynn
Lexus Fanatic

Received 53 Likes on 36 Posts

i go to the one in West Covina since a friend works there now :]
Old 05-19-10, 05:36 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Hey all I stopped by Firestone to get another alignment done today. First off I brought my original paperwork that was given to me during my first visit but the guy there told me that there's no need to bring it in anymore as my info is in their system. I brought it in since a few of you recommended that I do so. Anyway I think that my visit today took longer than the previous time I went. I can't remember the exact time before but they had my car for about an hour & twenty minutes during this visit. I looked at my watch the moment they drove my car into the service bay. Just wanted to see if you guys spent that amount of time to have your car's alignment done at Firestone or at any other place you go to.

When all was done the guy told me that he spent as much time as he could to get my toe somewhat closer to spec. He went on to say since the car is lowered I should get a "kit" which will make it possible to adjust toe. I'm guessing that this is where front/rear RCA's come in play. Correct if I'm wrong fellas This is the part of suspension modding that I'm a bit unclear on.
Old 05-19-10, 07:14 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Can you scan the alignment sheet? No way of telling if the tech was being lazy or not. The front toe should be easily adjustable. The rear, maybe not as much depending on how low you are.
Old 05-19-10, 11:18 PM
sam430
Lexus Champion

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking for one in Sacramento area, going to be adding things to suspension so I'll need alignment often.

starting with coils, then FIG's parts.
Old 05-20-10, 05:24 AM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by GSteg
Can you scan the alignment sheet? No way of telling if the tech was being lazy or not. The front toe should be easily adjustable. The rear, maybe not as much depending on how low you are.
Here you go Henry. It appears that rear toe is a little more out of spec after this alignment. Overall... toe is not eating my tires but I'm still planning on getting adjustable toe links from FIGS or perhaps Megan since I'll be moving to coilovers. I've seen some alignment reports where the toe is way more out of spec than my own.

Name:  SCAN0006.jpg
Views: 378
Size:  53.1 KB
Old 05-20-10, 07:43 AM
GSteg
Rookie

The front alignment is reasonable. Rear camber is also but you have toe out in the rear.

The toe cams may not be seated correctly because the metal lip that's suppose to hold it still is bent. I've seen it happen on a few GS before, including mine and there is nothing really you can do except may be get the adjustable toe arms. I wish I had a picture to show you what I'm talking about.
Old 05-20-10, 02:38 PM
MrG4Life
Lexus Champion

It's okay...no worries on the picture. The adjustable toe arms will be a must and would like to have them installed the same time as the coilovers and then have another alignment right after. Hopefully FIGS can confirm proper fitment of the toe arms by the time I'm ready to swap my suspension.
Old 05-20-10, 07:36 PM
GSteg
Rookie

If it works on the IS, it'll probably work on the GS since it's the same case with the Megan toe arms.
Old 05-21-10, 06:24 AM
UpstateLex
Lexus Test Driver

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I was advised by the Firestone here that they won't honor the lifetime if your on a modified suspension....
Old 05-21-10, 07:50 AM
rgarjr
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by UpstateLex
I was advised by the Firestone here that they won't honor the lifetime if your on a modified suspension....
Go to another one that does.

Quick Reply: Firestone Lifetime Alignment Owners