Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

L-Tuned vs. L-Sportsline

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-02, 04:56 PM
Zulfie
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default L-Tuned vs. L-Sportsline

Ok people, I did a search and couldn't come up with a decent thread comparing L-Tuned vs L-Sportsline. There was 1 thread, and it didn't really answer the question.

1. Which is the better of the two as far as ride comfort ( I want stock comfort, not overally concerned with handling at this point )

2. Can I just change springs, or do I have to do springs and shocks?

3. Which would be good for 18" rims ( not going higher ) and not risk speed bump and or curb damage. A 1" or 1.5" drop

Thanks in advance for your opinion. Also, any pictures would be great. Thanks
Old 05-06-02, 05:29 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

1. I don't know the LSportLine setup but the L-Tuned is comfortable, just over 1" drop at front I think and just under or right around 1" at back.

2. Not a good idea to just do springs since you then have shocks that don't match.

3. 1" drop is enough in my opinion but it's really a personal preference.
Old 05-06-02, 05:36 PM
Zulfie
Driver

Bit,
Thanks again ( I did a search this time ). I appreciate your input the other day on L-Tuned, I just wanted to know the difference before I bought anything.

Thanks....
Old 05-06-02, 05:43 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

EIBACHS!!

I have eibachs on my GS3 with stock shocks and it rides just fine.

I'm not a racer and more for looks and I'm happy.

(I had tein's previously and sure there's a performance difference but really, it's no big deal)

If I could have, I would've just done eibachs from the start
Old 05-06-02, 05:45 PM
NVMYGS3
Lead Lap

Oh yeah, I have 18"'s too. (Interminalo 3 pc). I had 20"'s previously too and I just "downgraded to 18"'s cuz the ride was nicer and more practical).

I'm just as happy and although GS's with 20's still pull up and look me down, I know they wish they had my ride quality and my tire prices and tire wear.
Old 05-06-02, 07:46 PM
RacingAristo

L-Sportline is Eibach springs with Bilstein shocks. L-tuned is Eibach springs with ??? shocks. I had the eibach/bilstein setup in my GS before and also sat in couple L-tuned GS. If you are looking for comfort, go with L-tuned setup.

You don't have to change the springs and the shocks but it is recommended to do that because your stock shock will be wore out a lot faster than couple with stock springs.

I have 18" and drop 1.75". Have no problem except some scraping when I enter my apartment's garage. It's very steep. In fact, because of that, I'm looking for another apartment where I won't scrap the front. Definitely not willing to raise my car.
Old 05-07-02, 01:06 AM
itsallgood
Lead Lap

The difference between the two, is the L-sportline cost a lot more...as for the ride quality there about the same...

Aloha
Old 05-07-02, 02:11 AM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Originally posted by RacingAristo
L-Sportline is Eibach springs with Bilstein shocks. L-tuned is Eibach springs with ??? shocks. I had the eibach/bilstein setup in my GS before and also sat in couple L-tuned GS. If you are looking for comfort, go with L-tuned setup.

You don't have to change the springs and the shocks but it is recommended to do that because your stock shock will be wore out a lot faster than couple with stock springs.

I have 18" and drop 1.75". Have no problem except some scraping when I enter my apartment's garage. It's very steep. In fact, because of that, I'm looking for another apartment where I won't scrap the front. Definitely not willing to raise my car.
A 1.75 drop with eibach?
Old 05-07-02, 09:09 AM
RacingAristo

No. Read my post carefully. I "had" Eibach/Bilstein.

I've been running TEIN HA for years.
Old 05-07-02, 02:22 PM
SandRock
Lead Lap

Well I didnt see TEIN in the post that is why I asked. Do you think the TEIN CS is that much better than the Ltuned set up?
Old 05-07-02, 06:01 PM
RacingAristo

I don't think CS is worth the money. If you simply want a comfy ride with 1" drop (that is you won't take your car to the track), L-tuned is efficient enough. The only reason you choose CS is to drop your car more than 1" with a stock ride quality.
Old 05-07-02, 07:04 PM
Zulfie
Driver

Default Thanks

Everyone,
Thanks for all of the input and info. I guess the general consensus is that the L-Tuned springs and shocks are probably the better setup for stock ride, and about a 1" drop ( probably, also the most economical ). Next issue is probably whether a 1" drop is good enough for my personal taste with 18" rims... Ohhh, the tragedy of it all..... :-)

You know what would be good, is a web site similar to Tire Racks for seeing how your car looks with different suspension setup and rims and tires..... That would be cool.....

Thanks all.....
Old 05-23-02, 06:13 AM
jbbnet
Lead Lap

i think the l-sportline would be a way to go or maybe the H&R. i have 19's and the gap is about 3.25 in on the front and want to drop it about 1.5 inches.

I just hope it doesn't rub on a bump!