Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

My Brakes Plus Lawsuit - Pictures Included.

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-09, 03:45 PM
denvergs4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My Brakes Plus Lawsuit - Pictures Included.

So I posted before regarding Brakes Plus cutting my Motor mount with a blade but I had no way of proving it. Car went in perfect - comes out shaking so bad I couldnt even drive it.

I drove it down the street to Firestone - Firestone replaced all three motor mounts - I spoke with Firestone on Saturday morning and stated I wanted them to save the Motor Mounts and I would be down there Monday Morning to pick them up. Guess what? Brakes plus went down there early Monday morning and told Firestone they had my permission to take them (they did not) and they took them to their corporate office. Why would they go and take the parts behind my back if they did nothing wrong. Just look at the pics.

Called police and Brakes Plus didnt get a ticket for stealing when clearly they did according to Colorado statue 18-4-401. Per 18-4-401; person commits theft when he knowingly obtains or exercises control over anything of value of another without authorization, or by threat or deception, and: (1.5) For the purposes of this section, a thing of value is that of "another" if anyone other than the defendant has a possessory or proprietary interest therein. , when clearly they took my property with a proprietary interests within them.

I'm lighting everyone up; brakes Plus, Firestone and the Arapahoe Sherriff office. I even have an Alumni Reporter for Fox News here in Denver that wants the story.... Maybe get my lexus on TV

See the pictures - That was done by a blade - not normal wear and tear.

Last edited by denvergs4; 11-12-09 at 03:49 PM.
Old 11-12-09, 04:11 PM
LudeNsoL
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

wow thats crazy
Old 11-12-09, 05:07 PM
lextechGS
Driver

that's really shady. I can't believe they went and beat you to the other place to get the old parts!
Old 11-12-09, 05:24 PM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Unreal!!

At first, I thought this might be a hard case to prove Brake Plus did something to your mounts. The fact that your ride went in to Brake Plus okay...then left with the shakes...doesn't mean Brake Plus did anything wrong. You didn't see them cut them, right? Hard to prove.

The fact Brake Plus intercepted the old mounts unbeknownst to you...telling Firestone some BS...that clearly shows intent that Brake Plus was trying to hide/destroy evidence. I think your case got stronger now. Did the person who worked on your car at Brake Plus...also intercepted your old mounts? If it was a different person, that means the scam could be company-wide....not just by one employee.

On a side note...Firestone should be more careful. They should have called you to confirm releasing the old mounts to Brake Plus.

Good luck to you...let us know how it goes. I'd suggest you make a complaint to the State/City regulators that license such auto repair establishments. Maybe they will get their business and/or mechanics license suspended/revoked.
Old 11-12-09, 05:26 PM
JeffTsai
Lexus Fanatic

Received 43 Likes on 17 Posts

Crazy, that's why I never take my car to a shop lol. I know exactly what and everything that happens under the hood because I do it all myself. Some shops are extremely shady especially now days when they can't make enough money doing their routine services. In denvergs4's case, he probably went in to get brake pads done and the shop decided that they could make more money if they tacked on a engine mount job.

Just wondering, was that place strictly a brake job place or were they a mechanic shop as well? I'm just curious as to why they would cut the engine mounts if it was a brake place only.
Old 11-12-09, 05:39 PM
denvergs4
Driver

Well I actually went in there for an allignment and wheel balance for the new snow tires. The shop manager called me about 40 minutes into it and said you have a bad upper ball joint that needs to be replaced and i should have all my ball joints looked at. It's an easy thing to cut if you have the wheel off - driverside motor mount.

My attorney is meeting with me tomorrow to see how far I am willing to go - so far Brakes plus wont do more than refund my $70 for the allignment - I'm taking this all the way.

Oh and they are a full service mechanic shop as well.
Old 11-12-09, 07:42 PM
McKrevice
Lexus Test Driver

WTF. How did Brakes Plus know you were at Firestone?

CONSPIRACY!
Old 11-12-09, 09:15 PM
Frankdorn
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

So how did you get your mounts back from Brakes Plus?? Am I missing something?

Dude, your case just got a LOT stronger I would think. Brakes Plus trying to steal your motor mounts was not a smart move for them. Hope you got details, names, times, etc. written down...
Old 11-12-09, 09:27 PM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

All I could keep saying was WOW! Just like said above! 2 reasons why I do any work myself, #2 save money #1 you just cant trust ANYBODY!

Originally Posted by McKrevice
WTF. How did Brakes Plus know you were at Firestone?
I was thinking the same thing! Are they in cahoots?
Old 11-12-09, 09:34 PM
speedaddic
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

sue them....
Old 11-12-09, 10:35 PM
djspawn00
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I hope they get whats coming to them, there are a few places that are just as bad in my neighborhood... such as Monroe on Hempstead Turnpike in East Meadow.. sorry, had to drop a name.
Old 11-13-09, 12:08 AM
sleeper408

Received 16 Likes on 8 Posts

Wow! That's some crazy ish! I've heard of overcharging or performing unnecessary work but..... sabotage?!?! I hope you get these guys and they get put out of business for good. Forget punitive damages, I hope someone goes to jail for this.
Old 11-13-09, 12:28 AM
Mr Jokster
Lexus Test Driver

Received 88 Likes on 80 Posts

Originally Posted by speedaddic
sue them....
'nuff said!

Originally Posted by sleeper408
Wow! That's some crazy ish! I've heard of overcharging or performing unnecessary work but..... sabotage?!?! I hope you get these guys and they get put out of business for good. Forget punitive damages, I hope someone goes to jail for this.
I had a similar deal. I had an accident in my Lincoln (with factory bags) when I got the car back the car was SLAMMED to the ground almost undriveable. The shop said, oh the accident must have taken out the air ride system... Well, when I lifted the car, there were 2 VERY CLEAN slits on the air lines!

Yea as all are saying GET THEM! and throw the book at them!
Old 11-13-09, 02:32 AM
bigguppy
Instructor

Originally Posted by speedaddic
sue them....
What he said. Sue them all and let them point fingures. Someone will crack! As far as we know Firestone releaseing the stuff without your permision to another party can be another case. Lucky lawyer.
Old 11-13-09, 06:30 AM
Infamous 1
Lexus Champion

Good luck! I hope you take those bastards down!

Quick Reply: My Brakes Plus Lawsuit - Pictures Included.