Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Does Your Local Shop / Dealer Install Daizen Bushings??

Search this Thread

Old 10-03-09, 07:06 PM
ceelo
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Does Your Local Shop / Dealer Install Daizen Bushings??

I'm a DIY guy to a point with certain things. I live in a condo with minimal space so at times it can be a ***** to do my own work.

I have the Daizen steering rack bushings (which I believe I can do), the one I have the problem with is the Control Arm bushing kit w/ OEM tie rod ends and lower ball joints - (i.e. Complete set). I've found that many of the local shops and dealers won't touch it because I'm supplying the parts, or they want an astronomical price because....you guessed it, I'm supplying the parts. . I understand the warranty and liability issues so I try not to argue.

These are popular parts. Who the hell is installing these for people?? I know that not everyone on here has the capability to do balljoints, tie rod ends, etc.
Old 10-03-09, 07:19 PM
GS4_Fiend
Lexus Test Driver

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

My car is making a clunking noise on the right side. Could it be the bushings or the ball joints?
Old 10-03-09, 07:39 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

My friend owns a shop so whenever I need to get something done that I don't have the tools for, I go there.

I had him pressed out my OEM caster arm bushings and replaced it with the Daizen bushing. Went home and install the arm back onto my car.

Maybe you can just bring your parts to a shop and have them press out the bushings rather than letting them do the whole installation. The only bushing you need to press in is the caster. Everything else can be hand installed.
Old 10-03-09, 07:43 PM
tmf2004
5% Club. Killing it!!!

Received 63 Likes on 61 Posts

Originally Posted by ceelo
I'm a DIY guy to a point with certain things. I live in a condo with minimal space so at times it can be a ***** to do my own work.

I have the Daizen steering rack bushings (which I believe I can do), the one I have the problem with is the Control Arm bushing kit w/ OEM tie rod ends and lower ball joints - (i.e. Complete set). I've found that many of the local shops and dealers won't touch it because I'm supplying the parts, or they want an astronomical price because....you guessed it, I'm supplying the parts. . I understand the warranty and liability issues so I try not to argue.

These are popular parts. Who the hell is installing these for people?? I know that not everyone on here has the capability to do balljoints, tie rod ends, etc.

Don't forget the caster arm bushing to.. a very crucial part of the suspension geometry in th front.
Old 10-04-09, 08:26 AM
ceelo
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GSteg
Maybe you can just bring your parts to a shop and have them press out the bushings rather than letting them do the whole installation. The only bushing you need to press in is the caster. Everything else can be hand installed.
Yea I believe that is going to be my only option at this point.
Old 10-09-09, 02:05 PM
bonestock5
Driver School Candidate

Any one know of a place in SoCal that will do the bushing installs? TM is listed as an authorized install facility but they dont answer emails or phone calls.
Old 10-12-09, 12:27 PM
Emil
Pole Position

when i had mine installed,they were popped into the arm with a vice and loads of grease/wd40,and were burned and taken out with a screwdriver

didn't replace any other bushes as found out had a few lexus control arms put in recently,still had stickers on!!
Old 10-12-09, 01:37 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by bonestock5
Any one know of a place in SoCal that will do the bushing installs? TM is listed as an authorized install facility but they dont answer emails or phone calls.

Where in socal are you? I know of a place that does daizen bushing installations for the 2GS.
Old 10-12-09, 02:08 PM
raytseng
Instructor

Received 30 Likes on 27 Posts

My advice is you need to find a more tuner or more mechanically inclined shop first, then you can ask them if they are up to the task for your job.
Look for a shop that seems like they are interested in cars, not just one that wants to just churn regular maintenance jobs. (If they've got a project car or rebuild they're doing for themselves in the front parking lot, might be a good shop to check out).

My experience is if you find such a shop and supply your own parts, I didn't get any hassle over the labor prices, just no warranty if it fails.
Old 10-12-09, 02:13 PM
tromly
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by raytseng
My advice is you need to find a more tuner or more mechanically inclined shop first, then you can ask them if they are up to the task for your job.
Look for a shop that seems like they are interested in cars, not just one that wants to just churn regular maintenance jobs. (If they've got a project car or rebuild they're doing for themselves in the front parking lot, might be a good shop to check out).

My experience is if you find such a shop and supply your own parts, I didn't get any hassle over the labor prices, just no warranty if it fails.
+1 great advice, I go a guy with my own parts, charges me $75/hr flat rate plus 8% shop supplies
Old 10-14-09, 04:37 PM
bonestock5
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by GSteg
Where in socal are you? I know of a place that does daizen bushing installations for the 2GS.
OC. How much for the entire control arm bushing kit?