Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Need some Tein CS install advice..

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-02, 08:40 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Default Need some Tein CS install advice..

Ok since not many people have installed the Tein's on a SC430 I thought I would ask advice from my GS brothers..

What I ordered was the GS spec Tein CS coilovers (Couldn't wait for the SC430 spec ones which aren't going to be too much different from what I hear) which I know work great on the 2002 SC430 but what do I need to tell my installer (Lexus Dealer) when they install these bad boys..

From the posts I have searched out it seems that the rear OEM bump stops must be used and not the ones that come from Tein is there anything else I should be telling the installer so I get a smooth install done..

Thanks alot in advance for any help!

Ken
Old 04-22-02, 04:30 AM
LexusRules
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

make sure you go to someone that can read japanese, the thing about the bump-stops is right there IN JAPANESE in the instructions, my installer told me so. I wouldn't suggest going to Ken Shaw, rather try Kennedy Hi-Fi they did a good job on my TEIN, they are in scarborough area www.teinusa.com

obviously you have to use stock upper mounts... yours dont come with any do they?

Allen at Kennedy knows all of what im telling you, he installed mine, dan's and many others on lexus before. Good luck man!!!
Old 04-22-02, 05:27 AM
Shinchan
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi Ken,

Make sure all the damper adjustment (Clicks) works on all four strut. What happens to me was one of the click assembly did not work. You can turn the adjustment and there will be no end to it. You can continue to turn and turn. If it’s working right, for HA, there should be about 24 clicks. At first, I did not know what to do and tein want me to send back the strut for diag… so I am suppose to spend more money uninstall it, ship back and install it back? Heck no..

They end up sending me a click assembly. Which is about the size of a pinky..
I had a hard time remove the defect assembly and replace them..

So My advice, check click assembly…
Old 04-22-02, 06:52 AM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Thanks guys..

Sasha i'll check with Kennedy on how much they will charge me for the install.. Ken Shaw has installed one set of coilovers that I know of on a SC430 and the owner seemed happy with the results and they did the alignment in house.. Shammeer has given me a flat rate on the install but i'll compare them both..

Shinchan,

I'll be sure to check the click assembly before I take the coilovers to be installed.. Thanks for the heads up!