Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Sage RCA's Installed...Pictures

Search this Thread

Old 09-10-12, 05:54 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DASHOCKER
I will post up the sheet tonight G. So far, I am using the center setting (+_2) for the rear RCA at present & my rear camber is -1.5R & -1.5R. Factory minimum is -1.3R & -1.3L. I will have the tech use the (+-3) setting to get the rear camber within spec. I will post up the revised alignment after the install of the adjustable toe arms (next weekend).
Hey- did you ever get your car to spec... and are you using the +3 (degree) setting on your REAR Sage RCA's?

I'm going to be installing the Exact Motorsports RCA's in the back, and I already have the Sage (30mm) installed up front. Hopefully the GS sits nice and FLAT once I get a chance to put them on...
next week, I hope!

I'm a little bit concerned about having issues with the Toe, though...

Let me know what the verdict was on your Sage RCA's...k?

THANKS MAN
Old 04-21-18, 03:52 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Originally Posted by ZippyGuy
OK, go to a site called Google (www.google.com), type in the words "Sage RCA" and you should get these results (http://www.google.com/#hl=en&expIds=...f87efc6f926f13).

The first on that list is (http://trendyautosalonstore.com/sage...004004302.html)

Product Description
Sage RCA Front (SS KIT) - $225.00

Lexus 98-05 GS300/GS400/GS430 (2GS)

SAGE Front RCA (30mm). Comes with hardware...drops car 30mm (1.1 inches)....with coilovers, raise the car back up to preferred height, thus allowing shocks more travel....and correcting negative camber issue.

Also known as Super Stroke Kit (SS Kit) * Relieves stress on the Lower Ball Joints when 2GS is lowered * Extends life to your shocks, adds more travel distance, and prevents bottoming out (with height adjustable coilovers) * Corrects negative front camber issues (with height adjustable coilovers) * Lower your ride even more by 30mm /1.1 inches (spring/shocks or air setup)

Okay, my question is--- I've installed the SAGE (30mm) RCA's up front... *TO LOWER THE RIDE HEIGHT* of the car, at the time, and it looks much better (installed Exact Motorsports rear "rca" /camber blocks in the rear that drop the rear 25mm). As far as having the car on stock suspension, otherwise... do the front RCA's have any NEGATIVE effect of the suspension geometry?
"Relieves stress on the Lower Ball Joints when 2GS is lowered"--- but what about the opposite. Or is driving on 30mm front RCA's withOUT the car being lowered with coilovers (or lowering springs)--- am I causing stress on anything vs. if I DID have a shorter coilovers installed?

Also- what about having RCA's and Air Ride... will the lower ball-joints be worn out early from the car being laid down with strut bags and then lifted HIGH occasionally and mostly riding at stock (?..or slightly lower) height ?

Lastly- not sure if we OVERtorqued the SAGE RCA's up front... but ever since installing them, I have a sharp creaking noise when I turn the wheels, when the car isn't moving...

Any input from you guys will help me figure this out and feel better. I APPRECIATE YAS!
Thanks...
Old 04-21-18, 04:07 PM
AirRideFan
Intermediate

Default "ride height impact" ....Front RCA's that lower the 2GS ??? FIGS ENGINEERING, help!

Originally Posted by FIGS
Hi guys, I thought I would chime in as the Gen2 GS and IS300 are nearly identical setups and I have a control arm replacement for the rear right now and I am currently working on a NON ride-height affecting front RCA system with camber adjustment to resolve the issues that you are talking about.

I spent 1 year of road testing for the rear control arms and I offer two versions depending on what type of plans you have for the car. I am actually getting ready to release the second generation of both of these very soon. I am assuming that no many people are tracking their GS's (I could be wrong) so my static version is probably fine which only really means that you set the inward rod end at a fixed offset prior to installing it on the vehicle. If you need to make large adjustments, then you can make them by removing the inner mount and making adjustments, then reattaching when done.

Attachment 438410

My "Mega Arms" offer the following benefits over a bolt on adapter:
  1. Factory Camber adjustment retention means you keep the stock eccentric bolt for the same stock on-vehicle adjustment.
  2. Multiple sway link mounting locations for variances in ride height and sway stiffeness and progression.
  3. PTFE lined inner rod end replaces the stock rubber bushing for a more positive location of the arm through travel. No more constraint on off angle travel means that the bushing will not store energy which are common causes of wheel hop in the rear.
  4. With my arms there will be no need to replace the toe link, unless you have issues with the eccentric flanges on the toe link mount folding in making it nearly impossible to adjust. The Toe is the major problem with the alignment and this is the biggest cause of inner tire tread wear on the rear.
  5. My arms will not add unsprung weight and in fact are 2 lbs lighter that the factory arms. This means the suspension is easier to damp, more predictable and faster responding. These things make your coilover shocks behave much better.

The arms are made from 1/8" HRPO Steel sheet and all flat hole areas are dimpled for rigidity. The price on the new version static pictured above will be around $350 uncoated. The items pictured are $450.
I would be willing to cut a deal to the first person that will verify the application on a GS for me. Please PM me.

On my new RCA design I will be replacing the lower ball joint carrier with a new serviceable ball joint and adding a hi-steer option to increase steering leverage and lock points (again for competition drifting.) I am about 40% done with the design and still working out the measurements. I could have released a simple spacer such as the sage version but I find the ride height impact unacceptable because it forces you to have an adjustable height coilover.

Here is a sneak peak and my new front RCA design.
Attachment 438411

And a few pics of my arms installed.
Attachment 438412
Attachment 438413

Attachment 438414
Hey Mike...What did you mean by "ride height impact", referring to front RCA's that drop our car? I installed SAGE 30mm RCA's up front with stock suspension as a way to lower my car... (more-so to install the LS400 BBK). Anyhow, shortly after I needed to replace both from Upper Control Arm bushings... is that because they are not supposed to be installed with stock springs?
Old 12-30-18, 02:12 AM
slammry
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

are these still available?