Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Anyone has megan coilover on their GS????

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-09, 02:45 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

good luck with that... lol get it from someone that is a trusted vendor.. =)
Old 04-25-09, 05:25 PM
ROPADOPA
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a business that has an account with Megan since 04 , i am not a vendor here so i cant advertise, i can only poke fun at people that paid more, LOL.
Old 04-25-09, 05:38 PM
burma
Pole Position

there's new megans on sale on ebay for around $850 also. Good thread, i have been wanting to buy these for a while, good to see alot of ppl here have them and have good things to say about them.
Old 04-25-09, 08:18 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Dont poke in my thread poke some where else... i want opinions on megans not prices... so be gone haha
Old 04-25-09, 08:44 PM
burma
Pole Position

Originally Posted by GS300ToM
Dont poke in my thread poke some where else... i want opinions on megans not prices... so be gone haha
who the hell you think you are...pfff ppl ask where to get them im just helpin
On another note I have bought Megan products before and their quality is pretty good.
Old 04-25-09, 09:47 PM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA
I have a business that has an account with Megan since 04 , i am not a vendor here so i cant advertise, i can only poke fun at people that paid more, LOL.
Originally Posted by GS300ToM
Originally Posted by burma
On another note I have bought Megan products before and their quality is pretty good.
That comment wasn't directed at you and I'm sure he was only kidding.
Old 04-26-09, 05:53 AM
TruPlaya26
Lexus Champion

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

All you guys that have the megan racing coils already, are you using them on your GS300 or GS430? I have an '01 430 and was wondering if the model numbers for the coils are the same or are they different like springs? I really want to get these but am trying to find them for less than $900 ... Any ideas? If you can't advertise prices or websites publicly please pm me with the info
Old 04-26-09, 06:31 AM
DarKnight
Lexus Champion

Received 52 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by TruPlaya26
All you guys that have the megan racing coils already, are you using them on your GS300 or GS430? I have an '01 430 and was wondering if the model numbers for the coils are the same or are they different like springs? I really want to get these but am trying to find them for less than $900 ... Any ideas? If you can't advertise prices or websites publicly please pm me with the info
Contact one of the vendors. I believe Nigel, Jay from Statik and Omar from M1 can get them.
Old 04-26-09, 11:51 AM
gs4play
Driver

who wants to put mine on when I buy them...lol no seriously. Just wondering how much this suspension might affect the camber, I am still new in this area.
Old 04-26-09, 01:29 PM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by ROPADOPA

lol burma i wasnt referring to u...sorry if i got u mad i should of said stop pokin ROPADOPA, this aint a place to laugh at people.... thats what i meant
Old 04-27-09, 03:11 AM
Bombsquad
Driver

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Hey Burma...i'm gonna grab these coilovers and get em posted over here. Are you about to? Or have u already??
Old 04-27-09, 04:28 AM
burma
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Bombsquad
Hey Burma...i'm gonna grab these coilovers and get em posted over here. Are you about to? Or have u already??
Hey Awsome, would love to see them on. No i haven't got them, Im still considering maybe Stance coilovers or 'local' Tein SS (Fulcrum suspensions), although for me i think the Megans are the best value (it'll still cost us twice the price shipped aye lol). Let us know if you get these
Old 04-27-09, 04:36 AM
esolo98
Advanced

I rode with handoverfi this weekend and his car on megan coilovers ride nice, he even had them on a pretty stiff setting. So I will be taking them off his hands as soon as he gets his new stuff in!
Old 04-27-09, 07:41 AM
GS300ToM
Lexus Champion

congrats esolo98, mine should be here today thats what UPS tracking said... cant wait
Old 04-27-09, 12:50 PM
CircuitMS
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you guys are considering Megan racing coilovers you should really consider looking into the BC Racing coilovers.

Compared to Megans, BCR coilovers have bigger internals, beefier shock bodies, locking lower rings (so the height adjustment rings don't work loose), and a better damping curve. They end up being a lot more compliant over rough surfaces. And they tend to last longer.

Overall the BCR coilovers are just a nicer piece, for just a bit more money.

Feel free to PM us with any inquiries. I have personally run BCR's on 3 of my vehicles and the CMS STi runs a BCR ER series.

Also FYI - Pillowball bearings will provide a more direct and solid feeling in your suspension but they will also make the ride a bit mroe harsh and transfer more noise and vibration. A lot of Lexus owner like erring on the side of comfort. So BCR provides the option of pillowball OR rubber mounts.

Quick Reply: Anyone has megan coilover on their GS????