Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air Suspension Bracket QUESTION!! HELP**

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-09, 08:47 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Air Suspension Bracket QUESTION!! HELP**

ok so i've searched and everyone talks about air suspension, but there are no threads on the install of it....

so here are my questions:
1.what kind of brackets did u use or modify? my current issues is that the valve is hitting the ring adjuster..

2. where did you runs the air lines? any recommendations?

pictures would be a plus..

thanks
Old 01-11-09, 06:58 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

no one has ne pics? no experience?
Old 01-14-09, 01:05 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMparts
no one has ne pics? no experience?
Here is some pics of the cars done. http://www.universalairsuspension.co...?sid=63&cid=13

Which shocks/Bag setup are you planning on running?
Old 01-14-09, 01:13 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UniAirSusp
Here is some pics of the cars done. http://www.universalairsuspension.co...?sid=63&cid=13

Which shocks/Bag setup are you planning on running?
thanks, but i can find plenty of completed cars... .but im looking for individual installs, do's and dont's
Old 01-14-09, 01:47 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

thanks, but i can find plenty of completed cars... .but im looking for individual installs, do's and dont's
Here is a few things that i can think of off the top of my head...

If your running the CST's the main things to watch out for is to jack up your suspension to be all the way dropped, then raise up the coil adjusters till the bag is bottomed out. Make sure that the bag isn't hitting anything when the car is all the way lifted/dropped.

When your running your air lines, make sure to keep them away from the exaust, they can be fairly close, but don't have them come in contact with it. We usually use a little nylon clamp to hold the lines up, but anything will really work.

Make sure that your air lines going into the bags won't be pulled tighted or ripped when the suspension moves up/down

make sure that the wiring that your running back for your compressors is large enough. I always suggest running a 8 awg for a single viair, or 4 awg for a dual. Make sure that you have a very good ground. I will usually use a multimeter after i am done and check the voltage at the pump with the compressor running that way you can see how good the power/ground is. I have seen that some cars will have a bad ground in some areas that will cause a bad voltage drop.

try to keep your line lengths as close to the same from tank to valve and valve to bad on the right/left sides of the car. Front/rear can be different, but if you have the lenghts the same, the car should be lifting/dropping even right/left.
Old 01-14-09, 01:52 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by UniAirSusp
Here is a few things that i can think of off the top of my head...

If your running the CST's the main things to watch out for is to jack up your suspension to be all the way dropped, then raise up the coil adjusters till the bag is bottomed out. Make sure that the bag isn't hitting anything when the car is all the way lifted/dropped.
what is that supposed to mean?
Old 01-14-09, 02:04 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

what is that supposed to mean?
Your Signature says CST with air suspension, so i assumed thats what you have.

What I ment was to make sure that the bag is fully bottomed out when your car is dropped, and also to make sure that the bag isn't hitting anything with its compressed or extended.
Attached Thumbnails Air Suspension Bracket QUESTION!! HELP**-03.jpg  

Last edited by UniAirSusp; 01-14-09 at 02:10 PM.
Old 01-14-09, 02:09 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Here is an example.
Attached Thumbnails Air Suspension Bracket QUESTION!! HELP**-05.jpg  
Old 01-14-09, 02:13 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

yes that is correct, ok any suggestion on where to run the lines? itazura suggested i run it inside the car...although i'm not too thrilled about ripping up all the carpet =\....ne other ideas?
Old 01-14-09, 02:18 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

yes that is correct, ok any suggestion on where to run the lines? itazura suggested i run it inside the car...although i'm not too thrilled about ripping up all the carpet =\....ne other ideas?
We always run them under the car. Just make sure that you secure them up to the body of the car and they are not hanging.

Inside the car is good, incase you hit something in the road, but if its in the car, they have to deal with your wear and tear on them...

Both ways will work, we just prefer under the car because its usually a straight shot and won't bunch up the carpet. Were you planning on installing your valves in the trunk or out at the corners?
Old 01-14-09, 02:19 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Those are very good tips Zack! We have some brackets that we used on our SC400 that might help you.

For running the lines, we ran our lines inside the car, there is plenty of space to route the wires behind the existing wires down the passenger side.

Where are you in CA?
Old 01-14-09, 02:27 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

Originally Posted by LuxuryMods
Those are very good tips Zack! We have some brackets that we used on our SC400 that might help you.

For running the lines, we ran our lines inside the car, there is plenty of space to route the wires behind the existing wires down the passenger side.

Where are you in CA?

As long as they are not going over sharp edges and getting smashed by the driver/passangers it should be good...

Keep in mind if you have your valves in the trunk and run both right/left lines down the passengers side of the car, the drivers side will always lift/drop slower then the passengers side because there is more line that is being filled up.

We are in San Bernardino
Old 01-14-09, 03:37 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

thanks for all the advice and pics... i am in anaheim.....is there any way to overcome the speed difference other than to just move the valves closer??
and yes i was planning on having the valves in the trunk
Old 01-14-09, 03:39 PM
UniAirSusp
Rookie

thanks for all the advice and pics... i am in anaheim.....is there any way to overcome the speed difference other than to just move the valves closer??
and yes i was planning on having the valves in the trunk
make the line equal lenght. If your running it down one side of the car, say passangers side, then jumping over to the drivers side, you will want to roll up the extra line for the passanger side.
Old 01-14-09, 03:44 PM
User1321989
Lead Lap

got it...now that i read your answer i realize that was kinda a stupid question....

i came across another issue now that i snapped the old air fitting in the airbag.....
goddd 3 steps forward and 1 back....

well imma work on it more tonight...=)

oh and one other question... since i realized that the bolts and fitting are made of somewhat soft metals....should i just hand torque everything in? airgun? or loctite?

thanks

Quick Reply: Air Suspension Bracket QUESTION!! HELP**