Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Air Force Air Suspension Group Buy Interest?!

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-09, 12:56 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Air Force Air Suspension Group Buy Interest?!

Hello everyone, it's been awhile since we've done a group buy and with the release of some new air suspension setups, we're excited to post this one up if there's enough interest.

Brand: Air Force Suspension
Type: Air Cups built on Coilover Shock Body
Warranty: 1 Year from Manufacturing Defects
Availability: Special order basis, normally 7-10 days to build. Shipping can be either by boat (8-10 weeks) or by air (4-6 weeks).

Cliff's Notes on Air Force systems:
These systems are meant to include everything to get you started. Experienced users who have had air ride before can easily modify the kit to suit their needs. Everything is sold together and are not sold in pieces (ie. Cups only). They fully adjustable coilovers with 36 way dampening.

Air Cups (Air Tank) – 2 Versions available – VIP or Deluxe

VIP series – Retails $2,995 - Lets you raise & lower your vehicle from inside the car via paddle switches.
Air Controls = All 4 corners at once.

Deluxe series – Retails $3,245 - Lets you raise & lower your vehicle from inside the car via switchbox or outside via remote.
Air Controls = Front & Rear independently from each other.

Tank = 5 gallons
Air hose = 1/4"

Spring Rates:
GS300: 17kg/mm front, 7.2kg/mm rear
GS4xx: 21kg/mm front, 7.2kg/mm rear

We are receiving more information every few days from Air Force regarding these kits, so if we are missing anything you'd like to know, just ask and we'll answer as soon as we hear more from Air Force.

Special pricing can determined if 5-10 people are interested (this is posted in the SC & IS sections as well)

Member "ACleanSC4" has this on his car as well as a few others in Australia. Nothing but great feedback so far!

Please post/PM/email any questions to us and we'll do our best to answer!

YouTube Video Clip of it in action --> CLICK ME
These kits now feature a new color:

VIP series kit:

Deluxe series kit:

Last edited by LuxuryMods; 01-08-09 at 08:22 AM. Reason: added pictures
Old 01-07-09, 01:04 PM
TYPEII
Racer

How's the ride on the system... Close to OEM or hard and stiff like and RX7 with an R2 package?
Old 01-07-09, 01:10 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Without any air in the cups, ride quality is definitely not "OEM", but still very comfy. I'd say similar to Tein CS. This is from experience with riding in a SC. I believe there are some GS owners with this kit that can possibly chime in with their experiences.

For it's features & possible lower pricing, it hard to beat. It's hard to try out new name, but they have improved their design/features from the original model sold earlier last year. So that shows a lot from a fairly new name...
Old 01-07-09, 02:25 PM
excluesive
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

can you ride with the cups inflated or do you have to ride with them deflated and only inflate bags to go over bumps and what not
Old 01-07-09, 02:29 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by excluesive
can you ride with the cups inflated or do you have to ride with them deflated and only inflate bags to go over bumps and what not
You can ride with air in these cups (not bags). The ride might be stiffer once the cups are inflated, but you can control/change the setup to your liking (ie height/dampening).
Old 01-07-09, 10:24 PM
Spyder78
Lexus Champion

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

There have been some negative posts about this setup in the vendors for sale forum. Can you get some input from people who have actually used this?
Old 01-07-09, 10:30 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Spyder78
There have been some negative posts about this setup in the vendors for sale forum. Can you get some input from people who have actually used this?
I welcome any users to comment on this kit. However, the kit they will be talking about is "version 1" so to speak...

These kits now are revised and offer different qualities from the previous kit.

I have spoken personally to the other GS owner with this kit, but he did not install it yet when we spoke last.

I added pictures of the kits in the first post. Thanks for your input!
Old 01-07-09, 10:53 PM
jacksonvp
Pole Position

I'm curious as to the specifications of the shock/spring. I'm not trying to be negative in any way. I would be very interested, but to me it seems like the only feature is in-car adjustable ride. For me, I would like to know what it has to offer as a performance coilover, or are we simply buying a 800$ coilover with a 2200$ cylinder setup?
Old 01-07-09, 11:17 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by jacksonvp
I'm curious as to the specifications of the shock/spring. I'm not trying to be negative in any way. I would be very interested, but to me it seems like the only feature is in-car adjustable ride. For me, I would like to know what it has to offer as a performance coilover, or are we simply buying a 800$ coilover with a 2200$ cylinder setup?
Jacksonvp: Thank you for your very valid question. To answer what I can, the spring rates are as follows for the 2GS applications:

GS300: 17kg/mm front, 7.2kg/mm rear
GS4xx: 21kg/mm front, 7.2kg/mm rear

I will inquire with further coilover body specs from Air Force and respond when I receive an answer.

Please also keep in mind that the adjustable ride height is the most important feature of these kits for the price. These kits are intended for those who love to drive really low all the time and occasionally want to raise their car to save their front bumpers...

As far as having a track star setup, that is left to be seen from those who will put it to the test. We have a customer with a SC who ordered the kit with custom spring rates and takes it to the canyons fairly often. Hopefully I can get him to chime in with his input on the performance of the unit.
Old 01-07-09, 11:37 PM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

from the vid u posted of the SC..im hoping that it could go A LOT lower than that right?? u gotta post somethign that can lay the frame if u wanted to..thats what a lot of folks out there wanna get..jus thought id give my .02 cents
Old 01-07-09, 11:52 PM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
from the vid u posted of the SC..im hoping that it could go A LOT lower than that right?? u gotta post somethign that can lay the frame if u wanted to..thats what a lot of folks out there wanna get..jus thought id give my .02 cents
Yes, with the SC, the coilovers still had plenty of thread left to lower the car even more. This was a "conservative" height. It can easily go low enough to tuck all 4 corners...if you wanted to...
Old 01-08-09, 12:05 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

i think it still might be a LITTLE over priced..UAS is bout 2k and u get more switch options..may require a lil more work..but im sure a lot of people are thinkin the same thing when it comes to new products..gotta have some vouchers for it..hopefully this 2nd generation of air force works out..is it only one compressor? whats the tank size?
Old 01-08-09, 12:13 AM
LuxuryMods
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 4play4dr
i think it still might be a LITTLE over priced..UAS is bout 2k and u get more switch options..may require a lil more work..but im sure a lot of people are thinkin the same thing when it comes to new products..gotta have some vouchers for it..hopefully this 2nd generation of air force works out..is it only one compressor? whats the tank size?
Tank = 5 gallons
Air hose = 1/4"

With the small size of the cups, there's no real need for a huge tank. But being a previous owner of a Hybrid UAS/CS combo myself, I know the urge to have lots of air stored up for playtime...So, the tank can obviously be upgraded later, same for the compressors if you choose...

Pricing can still be very attractive if we have a few buyers. As with all kits, its hard to get going at first, hopefully the few we've sold to will chime in...
Old 01-08-09, 12:17 AM
chrispy

Received 78 Likes on 37 Posts

I'm tempted to try these. Not sure if I'd rather drive low and park lower or drive low all the time with better handling. Gonna have to talk to LM tomorrow.
Old 01-08-09, 03:12 AM
4play4dr
Lexus Champion

jus go coilovers chris!

Quick Reply: Air Force Air Suspension Group Buy Interest?!