Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

IS F front rotors

Search this Thread

Old 09-02-11, 05:33 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by atlsupdawg
FUZION,
If this helps, I'll be running a 97-98 Supra TT MS which has a 1.05" bore, compared to the SC3/4's 11/16" bore and the C6/Z06 1" bore.

I'm also researching a possible dual diaphragm brake booster upgrade, as I've read that the C6/Z06 brakes like increased pressure. I'm unsure of the Supra TT boosters diaphragm configuration, but I doubt they're dual.
that is def good to know...i guess i will upgrade to that....waiting on LRD to figure out a resolution for the rear brakes..
Old 03-25-12, 03:35 AM
tonynca
Driver

I like how you showed all those people who laughed at your idea in the beginning of this thread. Great job man.
Old 03-25-12, 07:04 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tonynca
I like how you showed all those people who laughed at your idea in the beginning of this thread. Great job man.

Thanks man .. Truth be told I didn't really do it for those reason . I've seen it done on other cars and knew with some time I could figure out something for all of us . Proving it, was just added perk
Old 06-12-12, 06:26 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

what did you figure out for the rear?
Old 06-16-12, 08:01 AM
//LRD
Lexus Fanatic

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FUZION
what did you figure out for the rear?

No I've tried fitting the Z06 rear caliper's which i own a pair of. . So believe me I would of loved to figure it out, but it simply can't work with a bracket . . I think it was you,who sent me a ISF rear rotor correct ?? The ISF rear rotor fits the SC perfectly, and is massive. The only thing left for me to do is have the mounting ears cut and relocated maybe then....

A common question I get asked is " will the brake lines work " I have the SS lines on my car and would recommend to anyone thinking of or doing this upgrade to charge their lines to stainless . The original banjo bolt from the stock caliper will work with the Z06 caliper as well..

Thanks for some of your cool comments / question I have received ,and just a quick update .. These brakes are ridiculously good !!!!!
Old 06-29-12, 08:54 PM
jgdynamics
Racer

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

were you guys ever able to do a brake comparison with LS, TT, Rotora, Brembo? I inquired about the brackets a while back, but i was never able to get the calipers. =/ ... hope these brackets are still available in case i come across another set for cheap!
Old 08-25-12, 11:37 AM
dannywheel
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by jgdynamics
were you guys ever able to do a brake comparison with LS, TT, Rotora, Brembo? I inquired about the brackets a while back, but i was never able to get the calipers. =/ ... hope these brackets are still available in case i come across another set for cheap!
I agree , it will be a few months before I can start on my brakes !
Old 08-26-12, 09:48 AM
FUZION
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by //LRD
No I've tried fitting the Z06 rear caliper's which i own a pair of. . So believe me I would of loved to figure it out, but it simply can't work with a bracket . . I think it was you,who sent me a ISF rear rotor correct ?? The ISF rear rotor fits the SC perfectly, and is massive. The only thing left for me to do is have the mounting ears cut and relocated maybe then....

A common question I get asked is " will the brake lines work " I have the SS lines on my car and would recommend to anyone thinking of or doing this upgrade to charge their lines to stainless . The original banjo bolt from the stock caliper will work with the Z06 caliper as well..

Thanks for some of your cool comments / question I have received ,and just a quick update .. These brakes are ridiculously good !!!!!

Yes I sent you the rotor. Will the z06 fronts work with 18" wheels? I had 19's at the time now I'm gonna need a lil meat on the rear do I figure I'll step down to 18's. You ever come up with some thing for the rear ? I'm open to all suggestions at this point...
Old 10-01-12, 08:02 AM
atlsupdawg
Driver School Candidate

I have a set of the front //LRD brackets I'm letting go pretty reasonably, if anyone wants them. I'm doing the Z06 caliper swap on my '06 M3, so obviously won't be needing the brackets anymore.

Also, for you guys that are doing this swap on your SC I advise ditching the individual padlets and going with Carbotech or Hawk one piece pads. You can search Google for the benefits these have over the padlet design.

As for the rears, you all may want to look into the Porsche (Brembo) calipers. I'll be using the 996 / Boxster S / Cayman S rears for my swap, with stock 328mm rotors (size reference). Got my rear set for $300 used. Hope this will give you guys another alternative to play around with.
Old 03-18-13, 02:27 PM
jeffreyjje
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default thumbs up

excellent...where can i get an adapter bracket? Please Help!!!
Old 04-01-13, 08:41 PM
nolove
Driver School Candidate

this is so greattttt
Old 04-03-13, 01:08 PM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

This is definitely a nice option to look into. I'm thinking about running TT calipers, and ISF front rotors.

Has anyone experimented with this?
Old 04-04-13, 08:57 AM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
This is definitely a nice option to look into. I'm thinking about running TT calipers, and ISF front rotors.

Has anyone experimented with this?
The ISF rotor is huge compared to a supra tt rotor. The caliper itself can't physically bolt on to the car. You would need to create a new mounting bracket to move the caliper out similar to what was done to fit the corvette calipers, but even after all that work the tt caliper would only be able to bite on the outer section of the rotor leaving the part closest to the hub untouched.

I remember in the 90's a company tried selling larger rotors with brackets to space the stock caliper out. It was pointless back then and still is imo.
Old 04-04-13, 09:55 AM
Toyboxx
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Blkexcoupe
The ISF rotor is huge compared to a supra tt rotor. The caliper itself can't physically bolt on to the car. You would need to create a new mounting bracket to move the caliper out similar to what was done to fit the corvette calipers, but even after all that work the tt caliper would only be able to bite on the outer section of the rotor leaving the part closest to the hub untouched.

I remember in the 90's a company tried selling larger rotors with brackets to space the stock caliper out. It was pointless back then and still is imo.
Good point. I may just have to buy some ISF calipers & rotors and make some custom brackets.
Old 04-04-13, 05:25 PM
Blkexcoupe
Lead Lap

Received 550 Likes on 369 Posts

Originally Posted by Toyboxx
Good point. I may just have to buy some ISF calipers & rotors and make some custom brackets.
That is something that I would want to see. Do you happen to know how much a used set of ISF calipers cost? There is a point where it is easier and more affordable just to buy an aftermarket bbk.

Quick Reply: IS F front rotors