Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!

Search this Thread

Old 06-04-10, 08:14 AM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Oops. I paid a shop to do mine out of sheer laziness and I was under a time constraint. Oh well.
Old 06-04-10, 08:47 AM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Brociouz, how much did the shop charge you?
Old 06-04-10, 08:47 AM
2IS 'R' US
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by gocubs08
Ok, cool. I'll give it a shot
Post something in the Chicago section...someone may be able to help around the area if you need help
Old 06-04-10, 12:12 PM
brociouz
Uber 1337 Moderator

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

$70. I'm sure I got ripped off but it was my cousin's shop anyway so thought I'd give him the business.
Old 06-04-10, 12:48 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by brociouz
$70. I'm sure I got ripped off but it was my cousin's shop anyway so thought I'd give him the business.
Not a rip off at all. It is a PITA' to get the end links off laying on your back.
Old 06-04-10, 01:59 PM
loftus112
Pole Position

Originally Posted by brociouz
Wow, that sucks. Not only was the price kinda high to just install the back sway but it was your Cousin's shop that charged it... Well, it's not that PITA if you know what you're doing *****.
Old 06-04-10, 02:13 PM
Big Willy
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by loftus112
Wow, that sucks. Not only was the price kinda high to just install the back sway but it was your Cousin's shop that charged it... Well, it's not that PITA if you know what you're doing *****.
Maybe because I'm old and spoiled working in my friends shop when he has a bay open...but the endlinks were a MF'er when I was on the ground.
Old 06-11-10, 11:55 AM
Darkchylde
Driver School Candidate

I actually registered just so I could tell people who are hesitant to do this that there is no reason to be. I only have the rear bar on an '08 IS350 and it is the best thing I could have done to my car. After driving it for a couple of months with it on, I am so much happier with it. It is a very noticeable difference IMO, it corners flatter with considerably less body roll in the rear, there is a lot less understeer and it feels way less top heavy. There is less bouncing around during cornering too (we have a lot of pretty bad roads around here), not to mention I no longer slide around in my seat during cornering. I have had it out on the freeway where I never felt it had any problems before, and it even feels better there, like a previous poster stated, lane changes are more crisp controlled and predictable, and during the long sweeping corners it is flatter and there is less front end push, though I have yet to go on any long trips since getting the sway installed (our local freeways are a few miles at the most). I was actually thinking of getting rid of my car before doing this (the salesman was smart to get me out on the freeway immediately where the soft rear end isn't really noticeable) but I figured it was a very reasonable price to pay for possibly being able to keep what is otherwise a very nice car. I also agree with others that say the front bar is unnecessary. Now I just need to do the mod to enable audio folders and navigation destinations while moving, and install the ipod interface kit and I'll be set!
Old 06-12-10, 08:28 AM
gocubs08
Pole Position

I cannot find this anywhere! I ordered through trademotion and they are on back order! I wanted the AWD rear only bar, and I spoke with the parts manager and he said there is no ETA. I just dont want to have to buy the front bar too for my 350!

Anyone know where I can get the AWD rear sway only for under $200 shipped?
Old 06-12-10, 08:35 AM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Darkchylde
I actually registered just so I could tell people who are hesitant to do this that there is no reason to be. I only have the rear bar on an '08 IS350 and it is the best thing I could have done to my car. After driving it for a couple of months with it on, I am so much happier with it. It is a very noticeable difference IMO, it corners flatter with considerably less body roll in the rear, there is a lot less understeer and it feels way less top heavy. There is less bouncing around during cornering too (we have a lot of pretty bad roads around here), not to mention I no longer slide around in my seat during cornering. I have had it out on the freeway where I never felt it had any problems before, and it even feels better there, like a previous poster stated, lane changes are more crisp controlled and predictable, and during the long sweeping corners it is flatter and there is less front end push, though I have yet to go on any long trips since getting the sway installed (our local freeways are a few miles at the most). I was actually thinking of getting rid of my car before doing this (the salesman was smart to get me out on the freeway immediately where the soft rear end isn't really noticeable) but I figured it was a very reasonable price to pay for possibly being able to keep what is otherwise a very nice car. I also agree with others that say the front bar is unnecessary. Now I just need to do the mod to enable audio folders and navigation destinations while moving, and install the ipod interface kit and I'll be set!

Any downside at all for this mod? Harder ride? anything?
Old 06-12-10, 09:15 AM
flowrider
Lexus Champion

Received 1,828 Likes on 1,290 Posts

I cannot find this anywhere! I ordered through trademotion and they are on back order! I wanted the AWD rear only bar, and I spoke with the parts manager and he said there is no ETA. I just dont want to have to buy the front bar too for my 350!

Anyone know where I can get the AWD rear sway only for under $200 shipped?
Read posts No. 198 and 199 on page 14, here:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sus...thread-14.html

Lou
Old 06-12-10, 12:46 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Ok, I gotcha... there must be some left somewhere... I just placed an order through sewell online and our Clublexus price was $152.20, it shows in stock, but I may get a call monday saying they dont have it.. crossing my fingers!!
Old 06-14-10, 08:20 AM
Darkchylde
Driver School Candidate

Any downside at all for this mod? Harder ride? anything?
None at all so far, not that I can notice anyway, the car just feels more nimble, less luxo-barge-ish in the corners.

Also to the person that said they can't find any, I got mine off Sewell for $186 including shipping. I used the CLUBLEXUS code for 15% off. I don't know if the code still works, but it's worth a shot. Here is a link to the one I bought
http://is.sewellparts.com/accessorie...-2008-375.html
It's just the rear bar for the 2006-2008 IS250 and IS350, from what I've read on here, the 2009s have a different bar, or bushings, or something...
Old 06-14-10, 08:27 AM
Darkchylde
Driver School Candidate

Oops, sorry gocubs08, I guess I should look at who posted which messages before I start my reply. I didn't realize I was answering another one of your questions. lol Anyway good to see you found it, hope it shows up. I don't think you'll have any problems.
Old 06-14-10, 06:08 PM
gocubs08
Pole Position

Well thanks for the help guys, backorder EVERYWHERE! Which really means gone for good.

I've spent half the day calling around just to see if anyone had this in stock, but nope.

So just FYI to anyone wanting rear only, not possible anymore. You must buy the full front and rear kit.

PTR02-53082

So now in order to get the benefit of sways, you need to shell out $380! Thats what I get for waiting..

Last edited by gocubs08; 06-14-10 at 06:16 PM.

Quick Reply: Official F-sport Sway Bar Thread!