Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

K-sport coilovers Anyone?

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-08, 04:27 PM
1moGS4
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default K-sport coilovers Anyone?

Hi, I am looking into upgrading my bilstein/eibach combo to coilovers. I was pretty much set on tein cs w/edfc, but a friend of mine has cs's, he has to flip/replace his tires pretty often. I daily my gs and cannot afford to replace 19" tires so often. I haven't found any camber kits for the gs400's. I saw that ksport kontrol pro and hks hypermax rs both have camber adjustment on the mount plates. I just wanted to know if anyone is using ksport or hks on there gsxxx and if they could enlighten me on the pros and cons.

Thanks

Last edited by 1moGS4; 10-19-08 at 07:04 PM.
Old 02-12-09, 03:18 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

me too... im interested in KSport Kontrol coilovers
Old 02-12-09, 03:48 PM
Vincent123
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

ksports are okay for the price you pay, but itd probably be better to pony up a little bit and get something nicer
Old 02-12-09, 04:09 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

i dont think its possible to correct camber via a pillow ball mounts in the GS, there are after market camber kits for the GS exact and autofashion both have these. any lowering of the vehicle will result in misalignment whcih then will wear your tires faster . so ANY coilover without proper alignment will = premature tire wear. So any coil+camber kit = good to go ! so decide on coils for ride/handling qualitynot camber issues
Old 02-12-09, 04:16 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

megan LP for about the same money, or a used set.

Carson sells adjustable UCAs but i don't know if those will work on the 4x0 models. They are made by footworks.
Old 02-12-09, 04:18 PM
montgb
Lexus Champion

LOL - THIS is what you need:

K-sport coilovers Anyone?-ksportair.jpg

While I have no experience with KSport suspension products, I do have their BBK and am satisfied with it.
Old 02-12-09, 04:37 PM
LeXaNoMicS
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by jcat_GS3
megan LP for about the same money, or a used set.

Carson sells adjustable UCAs but i don't know if those will work on the 4x0 models. They are made by footworks.
UCA's are like 800 a pair you could get both front and back RCAs for that price lol
Old 02-12-09, 06:24 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
UCA's are like 800 a pair you could get both front and back RCAs for that price lol
yeah, but those uca's offer more camber adjustment, closer to factory spec.
Old 02-14-09, 10:13 PM
VNN326
Lexus Champion

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

i dont think they make coilovers for our GS and has a built in camber kit. (cause of the design of the suspension its double wishbone i think)
Old 02-15-09, 01:56 PM
Adam2562
Lexus Champion

your right!

Originally Posted by StanCe
i dont think they make coilovers for our GS and has a built in camber kit. (cause of the design of the suspension its double wishbone i think)
Old 02-15-09, 03:05 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Adam2562
your right!
didnt the HKS RS have a built in camber adjustment..or am i thinking of something else??

EDit: i just seen 1moGS4 posted the same thing i just said..
Old 02-21-09, 11:33 AM
Maxima3
Rookie

Originally Posted by LeXaNoMicS
i dont think its possible to correct camber via a pillow ball mounts in the GS, there are after market camber kits for the GS exact and autofashion both have these. any lowering of the vehicle will result in misalignment whcih then will wear your tires faster . so ANY coilover without proper alignment will = premature tire wear. So any coil+camber kit = good to go ! so decide on coils for ride/handling qualitynot camber issues
do you just dont want to believe it or is that a fact??? i dont know much about GS's but i dont see why it's oh so different than every other car in the world, i think it could cause it actually did it on every car that came with the option to adjust... now if it couldnt it would just come without camber adjust just like it did for just about all acura's now it's cool to be a critic but im gonna have to disagree just a bit... K-sports are great, i would like to see more people with it chime in cause i dont know what its like on a lexus... i've been in 5 different model cars that had em on and they were excellent (driven 3, own 1) lol...
Old 02-21-09, 01:30 PM
jcat_350
Lexus Champion

the hks coilovers (maybe just the LS) are discontinued for the GS as far as i know, youd have to find a used set.

I will say again. The camber adjustment you will get from the coilovers will be enough to get you CLOSE to factory spec, but you will need additional components to get REALLY CLOSE to factory spec, such as camber kits, adjustable UCAs, RCAs also help, etc.
Old 02-21-09, 07:57 PM
nate579
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I will be getting MEGAN's for my GS. I love them on the SC. My L-tunes are great but you can't go lower on them.
Old 02-21-09, 08:43 PM
Alexus_300
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I've been seeing alot of these kinds of thread lately about people wanting to slam their cars to the ground and expect it to handle decently. That's not possible at all people!!! when you lower a vehicle too much, it will screw suspension geometry way off. Your only way is to modify your existing suspension by shortening the lower control arms amount other things. I myself have no experience on K-sport suspension products, but have plenty of experience with D2 racing sports suspension and BBK. I just simply design my own suspension setting and let D2 build it to however I feel is a good balance btw. ride height and handling. All of my setups are not what D2 sells to the general public.

Quick Reply: K-sport coilovers Anyone?