Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Ordered BBK parts - need to vent

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-08, 02:56 PM
HAWAI'I
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Ordered BBK parts - need to vent

Hi! I am really at lost here. Last Tuesday, Aug 19, while I was driving home, I noticed my Front passenger brakes are smoking and my steering wheel vibrating heavily. I pulled over to check and I cannot find any problems with it so I let it cool down and then proceeded to go home, without pressing on the brakes too much.

Once I got home, I pulled the wheel off and checked the problem, turns out that my caliper is stuck, a piston is frozen and will not budge, in short it needs a caliper rebuild.

So I was thinking hey, this is a good time to do a brake upgrade. I called one of our forum sponsors and ordered myself some Supra TT upgrade kit. That was Thursday Aug 21. Rep told me that it takes about a week, because they need to order rotors from ROTORA so it was cool. Waited for a week and Rep told me that everything is there except the Rotors, called again recently and still no rotors. ROTORA told the rep that they shipped it but it is not with him, and there was no tracking number. Rep is going to call and check it out.

My question is... What the hell am I suppose to do? I asked the REP if I should call ROTORA and he said that they deal with distributors only also what am I suppose to say .."Where the hell are my Rotors?!?"

It just sucks because the car is up on stands for two+ weeks now and I am getting tired driving my gas guzzler around. Oh yeah the payment for the Brakes have been paid already. I should have just gotten some rebuild kit and did the calipers. This sucks, I have a trip coming up this weekend and I really do not want to drive my truck due to gas prices and we are only 3 peeps that are going. Not really worth driving my truck.

Last edited by HAWAI'I; 09-04-08 at 11:42 AM.
Old 09-03-08, 03:05 PM
ILOVEGIRLS
Racer

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

you can cancel the rotors and buy some other brand rotors. if its just the rotors you are waiting on, just go with a different brand...
Old 09-03-08, 03:22 PM
FlavesLex
Lexus Test Driver

Call EVERYDAY... Since you can only deal with the distributor, give them a friendly call everyday just so they can be on their toes... If you can't wait, cancel the order and just get the rebuild kit or a rebuilt caliper. Good Luck
Old 09-03-08, 05:15 PM
huddleston
Racer

Received 56 Likes on 13 Posts

hope everything works out.
Old 09-03-08, 05:52 PM
Phamboogie
Lead Lap

Wink

Originally Posted by hav2spool
re-up
Hahahahaha! *Ahem* Sorry, I didn't expect seeing that particular word on a Lexus forum.
Old 09-03-08, 06:07 PM
GSteg
Rookie

Received 78 Likes on 60 Posts

Hawai'i, order your rotors from r1concepts.com

http://store.r1concepts.com/Items/It...ne%20-%20Front

$60+shipping/tax. They are located in socal (La Habra, CA). I had my set of LS400 rotors shipped to me for $75 shipped and I received it the next business day (I live pretty close to them). If you're within the area, they let you pick it up in person if they have it in stock. Give them a call. It's not worth going with the Rotora unless you want the look.
Old 09-03-08, 07:16 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

I have a set of rotors for the supra TT that are just sitting. They are used, but they are good. You just need to get em resurfaced. They are cross drilled. Let me know if you want em and you could cancel your order. Otherwise, I would actually order a set of SP rotors. They are well priced even with shipping to Honolulu. PM me for the name of the company to order from, or if you want the cross drilled rotors.
Aloha
Old 09-03-08, 07:26 PM
HI98GS
Lexus Test Driver

Sorry, I noticed that you are in CA. I overlooked that part because your name said Hawai'i. Nevertheless, there are better options for brake rotors that what you have ordered. And you can get em faster than what you are doing now.
Old 09-04-08, 12:54 AM
pingu
Lexus Champion

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

You may want to post this in the sugestions/problems and see if Dave can help you out.
Old 09-04-08, 11:50 AM
HAWAI'I
Rookie

Thanks guys, I am actually thinking of just getting everything less the rotors. I ordered from R1 before and they usually ship faster and I never had problems with the rotors.

Dave is actually helping me out.

I hate seeing a car of mine on stands and I cannot do anything about it.
Old 09-04-08, 03:27 PM
1GStoEnvy
Lexus Champion

i also have some rotora x/drill and sloted rotors.... they're used... but still in good shape... i'm in the LA /SGV area lmk if you're interested

-john
Old 09-04-08, 04:42 PM
HAWAI'I
Rookie

UPDATE: Something magical happened, I called the vendor and I was actually ready to pick up the calipers today less the rotors.

After letting him know the reason for my call, he informed me that he spoke with ROTORA and he found out that they did ship the rotors, but it was shipped to a different place.

How they did this, I do not have any clue, and what took them so long to go the delivery address route that is on file, I have no idea.

Supposedly it will arrive tom. The rep will give me a call when everything is available for pick up. Hopefully I do not have anything going on tom here at work so I can cruise by the vendor and pick it up.

Thank you guys for letting me vent and thank you for offering your parts, I am really getting ready to jump on them, but we will see tom.

Thanks D! I really appreciate it!
Old 09-19-08, 05:44 PM
Supraristo
Lexus Test Driver

Stay away from R1 rotors, they are ****ing garbage. Go oem or brembo
Old 09-19-08, 07:41 PM
ZippyGuy
Lexus Test Driver

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Supraristo
Stay away from R1 rotors, they are ****ing garbage. Go oem or brembo