Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Help with How to install 2GS coilovers??

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-08, 01:56 AM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help with How to install 2GS coilovers??

hey guys,

I got my Insurance Group coilovers during the week and had this weekend free, so i decided to have a crack at installing myself. I've done coilies into my previous S13 Silvia, and rear shocks + springs into an old Skyline so i thought i might be able to suss it out. i dont have a hoist or air powered tools, just a couple of jacks, stands, and some hand tools.

I basically spent all weekend just on the Rear and ended up failing so the car is back in 1 piece (minus boot trims) to await a 2nd go maybe next weekend!

I got the bottom mount bolts/nuts out, the top nuts off, and the centre screws out, but the bottom suspension arm just pulls up and wont let the shocky out. So i am guessing that bottom arm needs to be dropped down to get the old susp out and the Coilovers in.

But how is it done? i just want to confirm before i go undoing things if its unnecessary. The swaybar seems to connect to two brackets that also bolt through that bottom suspension arm and pull it up. Do i disconnect the whole swaybar, or just undo the brackets where they connect to the swaybar ends & down to the suspension arm? Then there is the other nut/bolt just behind the brake disc which appears to be for camber adjustment. Do i undo that also, and then that should allow the whole thing to swing free and down so i can get the suspension out/in?

Then theres the front which i havent even looked at apart from a glance to see it has the same box arm arrangement.

If anyone has done it and can post a bit of a step by step process, or has links to a DIY that would be awesome. Now i've tried it i'm positive i want to see this job through, plus local workshops want around $400 to do the job, but i could really do with a bit of guidance/input.

Thanks in advance people!

---Ant
Old 08-03-08, 07:07 AM
phillygs3

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

This should be helpfull

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...hlight=L-Tuned
Old 08-03-08, 10:01 PM
[ant]
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

just started reading it, this looks like exactly what i needed! my failed attempt last weekend gave me a bit of an insight and forced me to get the tools at least!

Thanks a lot philly