Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Calling all HKS hipermax LS/LS+ coilover owners****

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-09, 10:18 PM
DrewGS350
Instructor

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Sent copy of instructions to Johnee. If anyone else needs it, send me a PM with e-mail address.

Drew
Old 11-27-10, 05:46 PM
Italiano87
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what car do those coilovers fit into?
Old 07-25-14, 06:50 AM
boostedsi
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey i know this is an old thread, but i just put some hipermax ls+ on my gs2 and i can"t figure out how to lower or raise the car, i tried calling hks usa andthe werent sure either, in one of the post someone said you have to turn the complete shock? so you must un bolt it and turn it? or can you use the spring perches to raise or lower the height?

thanks a bunch
Old 07-07-15, 10:53 PM
Werd206
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hks hypermax ls+ manual

I read that you have this manual to email ? If you do please please please email it to me djag1331@gmail.com thank you
Old 06-20-16, 06:38 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

huge bump in the market someone on here has a set with 5k on it for a good price . seen alot of older threads where people had issues lowering the car by spinning it compared to newer coils. what do you guys think?
Old 06-28-16, 06:29 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

anyone ? I just got a set Any more reviews? i know they are older coils but some have great things to say. Do you guys reccommend anything else while doin coils i just did front tie rods and ball joints
Old 08-28-16, 06:36 PM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Anyone have a pdf of these saved? Im trying to find out how to adjust dampening its a bit 2 stiff for me. I think u can use a normal allen key up front but no idea how to adjust the rears??
Old 08-29-16, 04:16 AM
Hayce
Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Are you asking how to lower the car or adjust the dampening? I have a set of LS+ in my garage. The dampening has long hex keys that come with the coil overs. If you don't have those an allen/hex key will get it done. I can't remember if the rears are different, I can check in a couple weeks (Japan tomorrow).

These are partially threaded coils. Read: http://raceland.com/news/how-to-adjust-coilovers.html

So you just back the bottom ring off to loosen the lock, spin the perch ring down with the spring on it and when you're done, spin the bottom ring back against the perch to lock it. In the rear, you'll be able to lower the perch so much that at full droop, the spring won't be captive in the top hat. Probably fine in the US, illegal where I am.

Old 08-29-16, 07:03 AM
dreamcar88
Intermediate

Originally Posted by Hayce
Are you asking how to lower the car or adjust the dampening? I have a set of LS+ in my garage. The dampening has long hex keys that come with the coil overs. If you don't have those an allen/hex key will get it done. I can't remember if the rears are different, I can check in a couple weeks (Japan tomorrow).

These are partially threaded coils. Read: http://raceland.com/news/how-to-adjust-coilovers.html

So you just back the bottom ring off to loosen the lock, spin the perch ring down with the spring on it and when you're done, spin the bottom ring back against the perch to lock it. In the rear, you'll be able to lower the perch so much that at full droop, the spring won't be captive in the top hat. Probably fine in the US, illegal where I am.
thanks for the reply. yea just the dampening. Not sure about the rear because they are alot different only thing he sent me was this. The fronts have a spot for the key. The rears just have open ends. I guess i just use this **** and use a small allen key to tighten the **** on the rears? Adjusted the fronts yesterday but i guess i wont touch till someone can give me some pointers. Made a huge difference was 2 rough put it at 18 clicks counter from 30..

Last edited by dreamcar88; 08-30-16 at 07:12 AM.