Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

Review: F-Sport Springs and F-Sport Bilstein Shocks

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-08, 08:15 PM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just noticed today that my headlights are now higher than before. I will need to adjust them, so I am not blinding everyone.
Old 05-09-08, 06:02 AM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Received 3,849 Likes on 2,334 Posts

Originally Posted by VikDiddy
Just noticed today that my headlights are now higher than before. I will need to adjust them, so I am not blinding everyone.
See this post for how to adjust the lights very simply and correct the problem at the source.
Old 05-09-08, 08:00 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
See this post for how to adjust the lights very simply and correct the problem at the source.
Interesting. So adjusting the lights the normal way (using a screwdriver to turn the gear) will not work? Thanks for the help.
Old 05-09-08, 10:36 AM
ba-b4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

If you lowered your car why would your headlights be higher? Are you sure it's just not looking brighter because the beams are lower to the ground?
Old 05-09-08, 11:25 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Interesting. So adjusting the lights the normal way (using a screwdriver to turn the gear) will not work? Thanks for the help.
you can still adjust them the same way with the screwdriver. This is all I did when we lowered my IS. Its just one screw that will adjust it both vertical & horizontal if you have the HID & AFS as I do.

That bone looking piece in the rear if they didnt alter or move it when the installed the springs you shouldnt need to mess with it. I did not move or adjust it on mine and its in the same position as what lobuxracer posted in that thread. you should be able to see it from the rear with out lifting the car and its only on the rears.

Cant wait to see your car
Old 05-09-08, 12:09 PM
javyLSU
2IS OG

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by ba-b4
If you lowered your car why would your headlights be higher?...
Because the pitch of the car may have been altered (and more than likely was) when the vehicle was lowered.

Javier
Old 05-09-08, 12:34 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

It will, but the problem is that the AFS sensors think the car is not at stock height anymore. Adjusting the AFS is a single 10mm nut. Loosen, adjust, tighten, DONE. If you mess with the light adjustments, you'll have to adjust both and you'll have to adjust both horizonal and vertical. I'd call loosening one nut, adjusting, and tightening a whole lot easier.
Old 05-09-08, 01:10 PM
Kurtz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 13 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by lobuxracer
It will, but the problem is that the AFS sensors think the car is not at stock height anymore. Adjusting the AFS is a single 10mm nut. Loosen, adjust, tighten, DONE. If you mess with the light adjustments, you'll have to adjust both and you'll have to adjust both horizonal and vertical. I'd call loosening one nut, adjusting, and tightening a whole lot easier.
Just curious- any reason one can't use this to raise their headlight level on a -stock- height (well, stock sport suspension height) vehicle too? As you say it'd be a lot easier to adjust one place instead of two screws per headlight.
Old 05-09-08, 03:19 PM
suicidesam
Lexus Test Driver

doesn't the afs level it self out?
Old 05-09-08, 04:32 PM
Navigatn
Pole Position

anyone know the spring rates for f-sport, sport, and regular springs? did the dealership include an alignment with that price tag?
Old 05-10-08, 07:49 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Thanks for the help guys. I will see if I can find the nut for the AFS sensor. No rush. I just get flashed a lot

Originally Posted by Navigatn
anyone know the spring rates for f-sport, sport, and regular springs? did the dealership include an alignment with that price tag?
No alignment was included. I would have declined anyways. Going to someone else.
Old 05-11-08, 08:27 PM
lobuxracer
Tech Info Resource

Originally Posted by suicidesam
doesn't the afs level it self out?
Yes, but the sensors it uses have adjustments so you can get the headlights aimed correctly just using the AFS adjustments. When you change the attitude of the car (pitch axis), the sensors aren't telling the AFS ECU the truth anymore, so you need to adjust them until they do.
Old 05-11-08, 11:33 PM
t0e
Lexus Champion

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

I doubt any stock IS's can take a 2 foot pot hole! :O
Old 05-14-08, 11:18 AM
VikH
Lexus Champion

Update:

Recently, I have been hearing noises coming from the suspension. Occasionally, when I travel over bumps at high-medium speed I hear a "clunk" from the suspension (I think its the rear). This happens randomly (hard to duplicate) and only when I am on the highway. Any other F-Sport suspension owners hear this as well?
Old 05-14-08, 11:23 AM
blk250
Lexus Test Driver

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

did you check to secure the jack in the trunk? I heard noise coming from the rear, but after I secured the jack..I don't hear it anymore...

Quick Reply: Review: F-Sport Springs and F-Sport Bilstein Shocks