Suspension and Brakes Springs, shocks, coilovers, sways, braces, brakes, etc.

F-Sport Springs on Sport Package IS350 - Installed!

Search this Thread

Old 04-28-08, 06:33 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default F-Sport Springs on Sport Package IS350 - Installed!

I know there have been many questions regarding F-sport springs and what effect they would have on a sport suspension car, so I thought I would offer some answers after installing the springs on my car last night.

My car is a 2008 IS350 with sport package, factory body kit and 18” G spider wheels. I purchased the vehicle new three weeks ago. I took the following measurements prior to the start of the spring replacement project:

26 ½” - Driver Front
26 5/8” - Passenger Front
26 7/8” – Driver Rear
27” – Passenger Rear

(all measurements from the ground to the bottom of the wheel arch at the center of the wheel.)

7 1/2” – Ground to bottom of front lip.

Following installation of the new springs on the original sport package shocks, I drove the car home (about 2 miles) and then it sat for the night. I took new measurements this morning:

25 5/8” – Driver Front
25 5/8” – Passenger Front
26 Ό” – Driver Rear
26 Ό” – Passenger Rear

6 5/8” – Ground to bottom of front lip.

I’ll take measurements again tonight as I will have driven another 90 miles and the suspension will surely be fully settled by then. I’m pleased that both sides are now even, and the ride quality seems no different than the stock suspension. The car looks much better without the wheel gaps, and the subtle drop offered by the F-sport springs suits my taste perfectly.

As for the project, it took a little less than 6 hours for two of us to complete. The spring package included complete instructions and torque settings for reassembly, and we followed them exactly. Advice for other DIY’ers – make sure you give yourself plenty of time to do the job correctly, and use the proper tools! If you’re in a hurry you can easily make a mess of your suspension (and possibly hurt yourself in the process).

My apologies for not including pictures. I will try to add some tomorrow. Let me know if you need any other information.
Attached Thumbnails F-Sport Springs on Sport Package IS350 - Installed!-dsc02721.jpg  

Last edited by jspridge; 04-30-08 at 07:07 AM. Reason: Added Pictures
Old 04-28-08, 07:09 AM
mrsardar
Intermediate

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by jspridge
I know there have been many questions regarding F-sport springs and what effect they would have on a sport suspension car, so I thought I would offer some answers after installing the springs on my car last night.

My car is a 2008 IS350 with sport package, factory body kit and 18” G spider wheels. I purchased the vehicle new three weeks ago. I took the following measurements prior to the start of the spring replacement project:

26 ½” - Driver Front
26 5/8” - Passenger Front
26 7/8” – Driver Rear
27” – Passenger Rear

(all measurements from the ground to the bottom of the wheel arch at the center of the wheel.)

7 1/2” – Ground to bottom of front lip.

Following installation of the springs, I drove the car home (about 2 miles) and then it sat for the night. I took new measurements this morning:

25 5/8” – Driver Front
25 5/8” – Passenger Front
26 Ό” – Driver Rear
26 Ό” – Passenger Rear

6 5/8” – Ground to bottom of front lip.

I’ll take measurements again tonight as I will have driven another 90 miles and the suspension will surely be fully settled by then. I’m pleased that both sides are now even, and the ride quality seems no different than the stock suspension. The car looks much better without the wheel gaps, and the subtle drop offered by the F-sport springs suits my taste perfectly.

As for the project, it took a little less than 6 hours for two of us to complete. The spring package included complete instructions and torque settings for reassembly, and we followed them exactly. Advice for other DIY’ers – make sure you give yourself plenty of time to do the job correctly, and use the proper tools! If you’re in a hurry you can easily make a mess of your suspension (and possibly hurt yourself in the process).

My apologies for not including pictures. I will try to add some tomorrow. Let me know if you need any other information.
So you did not notice a big difference in ride, handling and body roll after replacing the F-Sport spring?
Old 04-28-08, 07:44 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by mrsardar
So you did not notice a big difference in ride, handling and body roll after replacing the F-Sport spring?
So far I haven't noticed much difference in ride quality from the sport springs. A little stiffer maybe, but you would have to really think about it to notice. I need to spend some more time with the new setup before I can comment on handling and body roll. My main goal was to eliminate most of the gap in the wheel arch, and this modification was perfect for solving that problem.
Old 04-28-08, 08:56 AM
ISF_GG
Lexus Champion

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Take some pics when you get a chance. I am amazed that you have an even drop ! Usually the drivers side of the car is always lower (by almost 0.5" on mine!)
Old 04-28-08, 09:15 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I asked in another thread but never got an answer. Are the springs side specific, in other words is there a left and a right side coil?
Old 04-28-08, 09:19 AM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by sincityIS
I asked in another thread but never got an answer. Are the springs side specific, in other words is there a left and a right side coil?
+1...I would like to know this also please

This may be the first spring to offer a level drop. I think you should give it a week to settle more and then measuer to see where it sits.
Old 04-28-08, 10:32 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by sincityIS
There are no left and right specific coils for the F-Sport springs. They are only marked front and rear.
Old 04-28-08, 10:46 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

jspridge, that's seems a little weird, I thought the sport package was 1/2" lower than lux or premium package??? Here are the measurements for my premium package before the F-sport springs installed:

LF - 26 5/8
LR - 26 7/8
RF - 26 5/8
RR - 27

On the day of the install, all of them were exactly 1" lower.
Old 04-28-08, 10:56 AM
sincityIS
Lexus Champion

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

How the hell do you guys have cars that are sitting dead level when every other Lexus in the world leans.
Old 04-28-08, 11:37 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
jspridge, that's seems a little weird, I thought the sport package was 1/2" lower than lux or premium package??? Here are the measurements for my premium package before the F-sport springs installed:

LF - 26 5/8
LR - 26 7/8
RF - 26 5/8
RR - 27

On the day of the install, all of them were exactly 1" lower.
No idea. Does your car have 17" or 18" wheels? Were your tires new or worn? My measurements were taken on a brand new car with 18" wheels and full tread on the tires. Any difference from those specs would alter the measurement from ground to bottom of wheel well.
Old 04-28-08, 11:44 AM
pisaykotik
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by jspridge
No idea. Does your car have 17" or 18" wheels? Were your tires new or worn? My measurements were taken on a brand new car with 18" wheels and full tread on the tires. Any difference from those specs would alter the measurement from ground to bottom of wheel well.
I got the G-Spiders with about 10K miles on the stock tires.
Old 04-28-08, 11:56 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by pisaykotik
I got the G-Spiders with about 10K miles on the stock tires.
The tread wear could have something to do with it I suppose. Or maybe my dealer threw in an optional lift kit and didn't tell me!
Old 04-28-08, 07:33 PM
is4fsr
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I know some ppl claim to have uneven height - lower on driver side by as much as 1/2 inch. Measured mine several times and so far the driver side (front and rear) is only 1/8 inch lower. Had my Eibach springs 16 months. I did not measure b4 though.
Old 04-30-08, 08:39 AM
jspridge
Driver School Candidate

First post updated with photo...
Old 04-30-08, 12:46 PM
tfz_hebe89
Lexus Champion

with that kind of combination (GFX front lip, F-sport springs, and 18" wheels with stock tires), do you scrape your front lip when going on a slope or a store complex?

any scrape in the rear too?

Quick Reply: F-Sport Springs on Sport Package IS350 - Installed!